• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
#TeamSuperCastlevaniaIV

Super Castlevania IV is the best introduction to the series you could have.

i suspect that his experience would mirror my own when i played it for the first time, just a slow dawning realization of "how the hell did i never play this game before?"

it'd be some darn good #content

I'm worried that it'd be too much setup to get done, though. The options for playing it are either capturing the remake/port on a PSP (Vita TV doesn't work IIRC) or applying a translation patch and emulating it.

Zebetite

Banned
I'm worried that it'd be too much setup to get done, though. The options for playing it are either capturing the remake/port on a PSP (Vita TV doesn't work IIRC) or applying a translation patch and emulating it.

wii vc!

it also doesn't especially need translated. it's kinda funnier watching the anime bullshit happen every now and then and not understanding what any of it is actually about

wii vc!

it also doesn't especially need translated. it's kinda funnier watching the anime bullshit happen every now and then and not understanding what any of it is actually about

Oh, right. Well, that solves that, I guess.

And yeah, Vinny would probably dig just seeing the cutscenes without knowing the dialogue.

Rondo of Blood and Order of Ecclasia are my favorites. Hope this does become a years long series and he eventually makes it there. Have they ever actually gone into plans for it at all?

Castlevania really is such a great series(probably my favorite), shame that Lords of Shadows 2 had so many developmental difficulties.Thought the first Shadows had an incredible sense of scale and by the end of it you felt as though you'd been on a grand adventure through a massive continent. Lords of Shadows 2 wasn't awful by any means and it had some good ideas but it's so inconsistent, especially in the weird city sections, that you can tell something went horribly wrong. Shame!

I've really come to think that Vinny and Alex compliment one another quite nicely. Vinny's unbridled enthusiasm pairs well with Alex's snarky candor.

Lelcar

I like Vinny's subtle jab toward how Brad plays games during the block jumping part.

The only Castlevania I've played is SotN and I played it last year.

I played it for the first time a couple of years ago and it instantly became one of my favourite games ever, which doesn't happen often. I feel like replaying it every now and again.

I played it for the first time a couple of years ago and it instantly became one of my favourite games ever, which doesn't happen often. I feel like replaying it every now and again.

Yeah I really liked the game, being a 2D game it holds up really well too. I should buy Aria of Sorrow on the Wii U VC.

Zebetite

Banned
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is a rough approximation of what Simon's Quest would have been like if it was an excellent game.

theRizzle

In some beautiful alternate universe, Ryan Davis and Dan Ryckert are working together at Giantbomb and making young hearts flutter. I feel like the two of them together could have been INCREDIBLE. They both are of that "Sure, I'll do that stupid/gross thing... I don't give any F's" mold.

justjim89

In some beautiful alternate universe, Ryan Davis and Dan Ryckert are working together at Giantbomb and making young hearts flutter. I feel like the two of them together could have been INCREDIBLE. They both are of that "Sure, I'll do that stupid/gross thing... I don't give any F's" mold.

That would have been a great pairing. Ryan also wouldn't have hesitated from calling Dan out on his malarkey. Would have made for some funny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom