• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lmao those Contradiction videos were some of the best ones in a long while. Game actually looks like a perfect blend of cheese to make it fun.

Megasoum

Banned
kinda goes without saying at this point but these last couple weeks have been especially amazing, so thanks for going the extra mile duders

I've almost succeeded converting a fellow Gaffer who works with me to GB. He's been anti-GB from the start and now he's slowly warming up to it and thinking about maybe even buying a sub.

danm999

Holy shit that supplemental QL. I can barely breathe from laughter.

"YOUR NAME IS RYAN RAND. YOU DID NOT PLUCK THE NAME "ATLAS" FROM THIN AIR".

Megasoum

Banned
Lol at Jeff sending EGM directly to the trash (although it doesnt top the all time great mailbag open of reading the Sonic comic amd then nonchalantly turning and trashing it). Also, the ending of this mailbag video, perfect.

R8mTNbb.png

FStop7

Banned
Alex said something during the Contradiction QL:

"It's like if TED weaponized itself"

That's a pretty rad story idea, he should run with it.

ok picked up contradiction today and ran through it with my sister and she absolutely loved it! anybody have any recommended games that are like it.

daydream

Banned
ok picked up contradiction today and ran through it with my sister and she absolutely loved it! anybody have any recommended games that are like it.

ace attorney for interrogations, layton for the britishness

she might also enjoy stuff like under a killing moon or la noire

I know not GB related, but Patrick seemed to out of the loop with the whole Gawker thing. His response is intriguing. I have to assume that "Hmm." response is related to the article.

BcpfF2D.png

Tan

I know not GB related, but Patrick seemed to out of the loop with the whole Gawker thing. His response is intriguing. I have to assume that "Hmm." response is related to the article.

BcpfF2D.png

Is Gawker related to Kotaku or something somehow?

Totally out of the loop on that stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He also tweeted that he should turn off twitter before he says something he will regret

Zaph

Both his tweets were cop-outs.

I don't blame him, but the deadening silence from Gawker reporters when it's their turn to take heat is in stark contrast to how eager they usually are to call other's out.

I feel real bad for Patrick. His role's voice is seriously undermined by this unless all he talks about is dumb shit in video games. And that's not Patrick.

He knows his and other Gawker reporters silence is complicit.

I don't blame him, but the deadening silence from Gawker reporters when it's their turn to take heat is in stark contrast to how eager they usually are to call other's out.

Says he's going to shut off twitter before he regrets something.

Which can literally go either way. It's his job and paycheck, and the thing is Patrick is very vocal about things, that in the past, he's criticized GB on stuff, wonder if he has that freedom getting a paycheck from Gawker?

Ooor he doesn't care and would've defended Gawker.

Agreed.

We know Patrick is good people but many more don't have that trust.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I feel real bad for Patrick. His role's voice is seriously undermined by this unless all he talks about is dumb shit in video games. And that's not Patrick.

He knows his and other Gawker reporters silence is complicit.

He knew what Gawker was going in. He chose who he wanted to work for. It isn't a secret what they are.

Well he didn't burn bridges with GB, maybe he'll go back since Austin has demonstrated that more wordy articles can work.

I don't...I don't think the wordy articles were the problem to be honest. I mean, Patrick is a good fellow, he's the one who got me into GB, and not to be a dick, but....he has a 'holier-than-thou' attitude. That's just how I feel.

Zaph

Says he's going to shut off twitter before he regrets something.

Which can literally go either way. It's his job and paycheck, and the thing is Patrick is very vocal about things, that in the past, he's criticized GB on stuff, wonder if he has that freedom getting a paycheck from Gawker?

Ooor he doesn't care and would've defended Gawker.

Then don't say anything. Those tweets are the online equivalent of "Hold me back, hold me back!".

He's an experienced and respected writer in his field, with union protection, and no doubt other job opportunities. Saying you don't want to say something, in his position, is not a good look for a journalist, especially for the type who would most definitely be quick to say/write something if it was another site.

Best to not make an emotional statement publicly about it before thinking it through. Don't want to risk how you're providing for your family. Don't want to risk pissing off potentially tens of thousands of people and damage your career. Sometimes it's rational and ok to play the fence or not play at all, at least for now.

Bacon

I don't...I don't think the wordy articles were the problem to be honest. I mean, Patrick is a good fellow, he's the one who got me into GB, and not to be a dick, but....he has a 'holier-than-thou' attitude. That's just how I feel.

I don't get that from him at all. Seems like one of the most humble dudes in the business

So, his response to all this must definitely not be sitting well with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom