• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contradiction Playdate and UPF tonight, presumably a two hour Alt+F1 video tomorrow and I still haven't watched the Rocket League stream. This is going to be a productive weekend.

Myggen

32K9ypP.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That was fucking amazing.

I cant wait for the play date live stream tomrrow. There is no way they cant see this through to the end now.

Smite Quick Look incoming and I'm scared already.

I swear I thought they already Quick Looked this but apparently I have it mixed up with some other mythologically themed third person shooter. That they modded into a Jeff Bridges/Ryan Reynolds game I can't recall the name of.

I think all robots should be treated fairly

That said, if you're going to treat any robot unfairly then an Italian robot should be at the top of the list.

I hope you all agree with me and we can move on from here.

Myggen

Are they not selling ads yet for the Beastcast? I hope business picks up on it! It's so good.

That podcast is probably a lot bigger than some of the podcasts selling ads right now. They've done some ads on the podcast in the past, I'm guessing it's about getting an ad deal similar to the one the Bombcast have.

Myggen

The popularity bars for the Beastcast are pretty healthy on itunes, so it's doing great I'd say.

The itunes popularity list is a pretty terrible way to measure how popular a podcast is (I don't think they've ever made public just what factors into their list), but since it's the second flagship podcast on GB with Vinny as a host it's obviously a popular podcast.

hamchan

Thing is since I only use itunes and the site to listen, I don't really know what other measurements are used to rank podcasts.

Myggen

Thing is since I only use itunes and the site to listen, I don't really know what other measurements are used to rank podcasts.

Don't think there are any? I'm sure the various podcast apps probably have ways to measure what's most popular on those apps, but I'm guessing it's difficult to reliably measure that stuff now because of all the different apps people use.

jaina

Even podcast creators don't have very accurate numbers. You can measure started downloads or even transferred bits, but that still does not account for people who never listen or download multiple times.
But to advertisers who are used to Nielsen numbers and such that should be enough.

Myggen

8-4 barely goes above 1 page most of the time and they get a bi-weekly thread.

Who cares? Just make one.

I think the problem is that this thread was moved to community, and two podcast threads a week for GB might seem like a lot. Better to get permission from EmCee or another mod than risk there being created one big podcast thread or some nonsense like that imo. 8-4 doesn't have a thread like this one to discuss stuff in.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What's "Alt+F1 Presents: The 2015 German Grand Prix" on the schedule? Looks different than the usual track video.

What's "Alt+F1 Presents: The 2015 German Grand Prix" on the schedule? Looks different than the usual track video.

Danny said it's a "very long and silly video" so probably them doing a full length German GP since there isn't an actual race there this year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, the mods could just move bombcast discussions to here as well.

You're probably right about having two podcast threads from the same parent company being excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom