• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone could write a thesis on Kpop vs Jpop and it would probably be a good read.

Yeah. I could talk about it for a long time, but I won't bore anybody. But there's a pretty long history of some really fascinating ways that Japanese music evolved; for example, this is a country where the Ventures were twice as popular and drastically more influential than the Beatles. Combine a lot of smaller things like that with an insular approach that doesn't care about broad/global appeal and you have an incubator for some really unique (if not always appealing) music.

Kpop on the other hand won't stop until it has subjugated the rest of the world.

daydream

Banned
Nice Bombcast thread
(even if you're an Alt+F1 hating trash person)

hey, i like the track walk videos, i watch those!

uh.. the lang episode was good, i actually listened to it. quite good, yes..

.. :(

are we cool again, please say we're cool again

Yeah. I could talk about it for a long time, but I won't bore anybody. But there's a pretty long history of some really fascinating ways that Japanese music evolved; for example, this is a country where the Ventures were twice as popular and drastically more influential than the Beatles. Combine a lot of smaller things like that with an insular approach that doesn't care about broad/global appeal and you have an incubator for some really unique (if not always appealing) music.

Kpop on the other hand won't stop until it has subjugated the rest of the world.

As someone who mainly looks at Jpop/Japanese music from the sidelines it certainly seems like you're likely to come across unique music very frequently, whereas all Kpop feels pretty much the same and always feels like it's shooting for this larger audience and that desire for a larger audience has become even stronger in the last few years and it's fascinating to see that industry attempting to expand.

The two industries are really fun to compare and they have both fascinated me for a while.

Anjin M

hey, i like the track walk videos, i watch those!

uh.. the lang episode was good, i actually listened to it. quite good, yes..

.. :(

are we cool again, please say we're cool again

Daydream, of course we're cool.

v6Ct6Jn.gif

Found my 3DS after thinking I threw it out during my purge earlier this year. Time for some 3D shinobi while listening to the bombcast!

Drew's on the podcast this week? Awesome!

What about all those people last week saying they'd move to Canada if Drew was on the podcast? Time to put your money where your mouth is!

Wait, they show game trailers like commercial breaks on the Lobby? My god, this fucking website still thinks it's 2004.

[EDIT] Oh my gosh, now they're reading a New Releases list.

[EDIT] Not even new releases, just games that might come out at some indefinite point in the future.

Where is Canada anyway?

In Mexico? I think.

Just listened to the MGS4 Spoilercast and they all talk about wanting to play as another character and 'maybe get some sword stuff with Raiden," oh my god I almost wish they knew what awaited them.

jgminto

Just listened to the MGS4 Spoilercast and they all talk about wanting to play as another character and 'maybe get some sword stuff with Raiden," oh my god I almost wish they knew what awaited them.

What awaited them is a game only one of them actually played.

Megasoum

Banned
Did they put the premium version of the podcast in the wrong feed? I don't have ads on mine. He went on break and I just got the Fallout Shelter jingle.

repeater

I love Brad going all fatalistic on us. :D

-"Do you think this weapon is the best for overhead swings?"
-"Well, it's gonna have to be since I can't upgrade any other weapon."

AngryMoth

Brad's doing alright considering not playing for a month. Still don't think he'll beat it tonight though. Fight pissed me off to no end!

It's official-Drew took one take. ONE TAKE SCANLON. Dan also directed Drew, that's amazing. Drew wrote the majority of the one liners, haha. Good stuff! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom