• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The rest is pretty easy compared to the last two. Even bad at games Brad should be able to get that Plat.

alr1ght

Is there anything exclusive that you want to play on them?

2763991-oldscanlonboxart2.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is there anything exclusive that you want to play on them?

That's the problem. I kinda wanna play Metal Gear Solid 4 now, that's only on PS3.
But the Vita still get's some Indie games that would be pretty cool on the go. Also I'm gonna live with my sister for the next month, so Vita would be pretty ideal for that.

I'd probably wanna buy the MGS Collection but that is on both.
PS3 has some neat exclusives but nothing I feel like I need to play, only thing interesting would be Last of Us and MGS 4. On the other hand the Vita really has no interesting exclusives at all. I guess I could play Peace Walker? Is that compatible? Is it even worth playing?

I guess both would be fine in the end, I just need somebody to push me in a direction. I hate making decissions

Volotaire

That's the problem. I kinda wanna play Metal Gear Solid 4 now, that's only on PS3.
But the Vita still get's some Indie games that would be pretty cool on the go. Also I'm gonna live with my sister for the next month, so Vita would be pretty ideal for that.

I'd probably wanna buy the MGS Collection but that is on both.
PS3 has some neat exclusives but nothing I feel like I need to play, only thing interesting would be Last of Us and MGS 4. On the other hand the Vita really has no interesting exclusives at all. I guess I could play Peace Walker? Is that compatible? Is it even worth playing?

The Vita version of MGS HD does not have Peace Walker, but you can download that from the PS Store as a PSP game. If you're thinking of a PS4, remember that The Last of US and some other games (such as Uncharted ) are getting remastered so you may want to purchase it on a PS4.

It sounds like you want a PS3.

Fantastapotamus

The Vita version of MGS HD does not have Peace Walker, but you can download that from the PS Store as a PSP game. If you're thinking of a PS4, remember that The Last of US and some other games (such as Uncharted ) are getting remastered so you may want to purchase it on a PS4.

It sounds like you want a PS3.

PS4 is just not worth it for me, since I have a beefy PC and usually don't care about most of Sony's exclusive line up. Bonus point is that I would get 27 games with the PS3, however all of them are garbage. I might get like 2€ for them at Gamestop. I think I just want to play the Metal Gear Games before 5 comes out. Watching MGS kinda mad me sad I missed those games when they were fresh. I think I would have loved them.

daydream

Banned
speaking of vita, if you own one and have ps+, geometry wars 3 is on it now, feature-complete, runs super smoothly. they did good, i'm happy despite having to redownload all my games due to vita firmware being flimsy as hell

PS4 is just not worth it for me, since I have a beefy PC and usually don't care about most of Sony's exclusive line up. Bonus point is that I would get 27 games with the PS3, however all of them are garbage. I might get like 2€ for them at Gamestop. I think I just want to play the Metal Gear Games before 5 comes out. Watching MGS kinda mad me sad I missed those games when they were fresh. I think I would have loved them.

If you're happy to take the cost of the PS3 to play the MGS games with the idea of only ever playing those then I say go for it.

Volotaire

I'd say go for it and try some PS3 exclusive games too whilst they're still cheap (in plentiful supply), while you have it available, to gain some extra value out of the system and just to try out new games.

I was waiting until the day the MGS HD collection and MGS4 would release on PC but I could not wait and lent a PS3 off my friend. it still seems unlikely in the near future. I'll probably purchase a used one later this year. There are som many Sony games I have missed out on by not owning a PS system.

Speaking about playing old PS3 titles, I just finished up Resistance today. Apart from some fantastic weapons, the game disappoints. It rarely lives up to the setting it offers from its concept and the characters are mere vehicles for getting from one environment to another and completely uninteresting. Only towards the last levels when you reached some more 'alien' environments did the game become more engaging. I'm not sure if I'll bother looking into 2 or 3.

Fantastapotamus

I was waiting until the day the MGS HD collection and MGS4 would release on PC but I could not wait and lent a PS3 off my friend. it still seems unlikely in the near future. I'll probably purchase a used one later this year. There are som many Sony games I have missed out on by not owning a PS system.

Well fuck. You should be a scientist. A friend of mine totally has a PS3 but doesn't use it anymore since she got a PS4.
I'm an idiot.

alr1ght

PS3 has the definitive edition of MGS3, due to the pressure sensitive buttons (which were removed on PS4).

Geometry wars 3 is now on the vita which means that technically geometry wars 1 is on the vita, too. I think this legacy hardware is about to get some serious playtime in the near future.

Also, there's going to have to be some serious work done to get mgs4 on the platforms given how hard the game pushes PS3 tech in its cutscenes hah. It's like kojima never wanted it to leave the ps3

The PS3 is a pretty awesome if you've never owned a Playstation console. So much of the catalogue is on PSN now and it's pretty cheap. If you're all about playing MGS though you could emulate them all on PC except MGS4 I believe.

Volotaire

I always had this erroneous belief that MGS4 released on 360. I still can't believe they have not ported it to this day. Was there an exclusivity deal with Sony that prevented it?

Zaph

I always had this erroneous belief that MGS4 released on 360. I still can't believe they have not ported it to this day. Was there an exclusivity deal with Sony that prevented it?
Wasnt it due to the amount of discs the game would require, or at least that's the excuse they gave?

Not as far as anyone knows. Just seems like kojima didn't want to do the huge mish that it would've taken to get the job done.

alr1ght

The game was big and also running on a custom engine. That and most MG fans will buy it on PS probably prevented any time spent on a port.

HD DVDs had quite a lot of storage capability too (15/30 vs 25/50).

Ha. I remember the HD DVD vs Blu Ray format wars.
360 discs are 8.5 GB, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom