• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

none of the bnb fights are memorable for me. I dont even remember the wolf or raven fight at all.

I do remember some stuff regarding metal gears and epic punching though. so it doesn't lack good boss fights, just that the BnB fights are pretty dull in comparison

i remember all the BnB fights and they were disappointing. the BnB characters also lacked personality which made them even more forgettable.

Myggen

Bah, I'm gonna miss both UPF and Contradiction tonight because of alcohol. At least I'll have some quality entertainment tomorrow.

Thanks, with this I finally setup my premium feeds

I aim to please. A theory in that thread that kinda makes sense since it's updating for some and not for others:

It seems like they are caching the feeds on their end (but not the content of the feeds). So people just now adding the premium feeds are getting updates because it's a "new" feed (to Pocketcast's system), while the regular non-premium feed is stuck on their end/blocked on GB's end/not updating for whatever reason and so everyone on that feed is getting no updates. Looking at the Pocketcast account's twitter responses, they may have manually kicked the Presents feed which is why everyone got the Pixels episode yesterday.

It seems like Pocket Casts in on it, so I'm guessing it'll get fixed soon.

I think there's a decent amount of creativity to the BnB fights but they're so boring as characters that they don't stand out much. I complain about Snake Eater a lot and the bosses being boring as characters but they're at least memorable.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I think there's a decent amount of creativity to the BnB fights but they're so boring as characters that they don't stand out much. I complain about Snake Eater a lot and the bosses being boring as characters but they're at least memorable.

Besides the End I don't really remember any of the fights and I watched metal gear scanlon 3 very recently. I do remember the characters screaming their 'emotion' out upon death which is absolutely wonderful though.

The Beauty and Beast squad are shit, mind. The fight in that tower against one of them is terrible.

Alex retweeted a really interesting Vanity Fair article about Vidcon and Youtubers and the massive amount of dollars going towards "brand advocates." I feel old.

The most memorable thing about the BnB's was when that fansite created a BnB mad libs backstory generator because they all have the same exact backstory.

LiK

I'm gonna blind buy Cradle all because of Vinny's opinion on Beastcast. Sounds like it'll be one of his fave games this year. Gonna avoid the QL because of possible spoilers.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What I got from MGScanlion 4 is that I played way more MGS4 than I thought. I remember fighting the first BnB but I thought that was really early in the game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The wolf robot one was my favourite, but maybe because it played the most fun for me. Crawling around with my silenced m14 (I think), snipin the frogs and then rpg-ing the robit

The most memorable thing about the BnB's was when that fansite created a BnB mad libs backstory generator because they all have the same exact backstory.

I ended up skipping them all because I felt like I could just imagine what the story was after sitting through 1 and a half of them.

Xater

Man like Dan I have not touched MGS4 since release and the more I am seeing the more I have to reconsider if it was even good in the first place.

The stories behind each BnB were atrocious. Drebin's exposition is the most insignificant and boring through the entire series.

i think it was a huge mistake to have those bits after the fights, too. Look, this motherfucker just tried to kill me and now you want me to consider what i've done?

Naw, that's over once they try to make puree out of my man meat. If you wanted me to care and maybe lean more towards a tranq win instead you should've tried to inform me on this character beforehand.

Besides that, it really reeks of someone coming to Kojima and being like "could you at least try to humanize these characters and not just make them killer hot chicks?" They just kinda suck, from top to bottom.

Man like Dan I have not touched MGS4 since release and the more I am seeing the more I have to reconsider if it was even good in the first place.

We're in the mostly good parts of MGS4, too. Wait till we have to sit through Act 3.

no amount of grenade and petro tossing is going to save drew from act 3.

hamchan

I can't wait for the 20 minute long expositions about why we should care about the bosses in MGSV just moments after we kill them.

Eh, only for the bad ones. Solidus and Liquid have/had agendas, Volgin was just a rich dude trying to do cool russian things, Ocelot is always up to some sort of shit, and Grey Fox just wants to whoop you because he's all bent out of shape over how things turned out. the boss is just being a legit g, patriot till the end, i could go on

so naw, only the bad ones have that crappy back story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, only for the bad ones. Solidus and Liquid have/had agendas, Volgin was just a rich dude trying to do cool russian things, Ocelot is always up to some sort of shit, and Grey Fox just wants to whoop you because he's all bent out of shape over how things turned out. the boss is just being a legit g, patriot till the end, i could go on

so naw, only the bad ones have that crappy back story.

Those are all bosses that have actual relevance in the story though.

Wunder

The beastcast asked for it and, thus, it happened

cant wait for this patch

Should do it CS:GO style and have it be increasing in penalty time. Max time in CS:GO is a 7 day ban from Competitive matchmaking :lol

Cradle looks super cool but one of those games where its a little too spooky for me to actually play. What I'm saying is please play through the whole game GBeast.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm debating actually watching the playdate live this afternoon.

I'll probably be leaving work around 3:30 which means I would miss the end of it (if they go longer than 1.5h which is likely I guess? How long was the first one? I can't remember).

But then if I skip it live and just watch the archive tomorrow I will most probably get spoiled on twitter before.

Ugh

Edit: Yeah the first playdate was over 2hours... Fuck, I guess I gotta unfollow Fobwashed on twitter...

justjim89

Every time I see BnB I just think Bad News Barrett, now I'm imagining him as an MGS boss fight.

"Congratulations, Snake! You've stopped Metal Gear and once again saved the world from certain destruction... BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!"

DamnBoxes

So I'm debating actually watching the playdate live this afternoon.

I'll probably be leaving work around 3:30 which means I would miss the end of it (if they go longer than 1.5h which is likely I guess? How long was the first one? I can't remember).

But then if I skip it live and just watch the archive tomorrow I will most probably get spoiled on twitter before.

Ugh

I have this problem too!

First video was over 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom