• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's outrageous for them to do DOTA today considering the circumstances. With that said, it's the only Valve game I don't enjoy in the slightest.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know, I think the reason I shit on DOTA is because part of me wants to get super into it, and that scares me.

It's terrifying. I haven't played in six months or so, and watching the International I keep thinking "Damn, Dota's a good game...which I'm completely terrible at and am not sure I want to get better"

Don't follow Dota or play it but have been watching The International just due to money and coverage. Like a casual soccer fan watches the World Cup. Game is way too complex for me though, but, I get at least some of the concepts.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are there significant differences compared to DOTA other than the world/characters? DOTA 2 is the only MOBA I've played.

HotS has some significant differences. No store, you only level up skills once every few levels (but those levels have huge changes to what your skills do, rather than just more damage/stun time), multiple maps with different objectives on each one, no last hitting, experience is shared among the team, and much faster matches. Same basic playstyle, but they weren't afraid to make pretty huge changes.

Don't let me, guys.

Is there a cool archer character, though?

There's a lady archer, a blue lady archer, and a skeleton archer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom