• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, yes.

hLPFaiy.gif

DJ88

Most people will never be anywhere near half as good as Kron. I think a newer player should be switching off. They're not doing aerials so there's no inherit advantage to using ball cam.

The only time regular cam has an advantage over ball cam is for dribbling the ball and looking for boosts. For all other situations why wouldn't a constant view of the ball be an advantage? And Kronovi isn't doing aerials the entire game. Sure use whatever works for you, but saying ball cam is a handicap is dumb.

The problem with ball cam is that when then ball's in the air and the player's on the ground they can lose track of where they are on the field and the other players around them, and it fucks with perspective as far as what the player needs to do next - if you need to speed ahead of the ball and drift into it for a save, as we just saw a few minutes earlier, you can totally fuck up the angle.

Ball Cam is scrub cam, the damn arrow is there for a reason.

The only time regular cam has an advantage over ball cam is for dribbling the ball and looking for boosts. For all other situations why wouldn't a constant view of the ball be an advantage? And Kronovi isn't doing aerials the entire game. Sure use whatever works for you, but saying ball cam is a handicap is dumb.

The ball indicator always lets you know where the ball is though. The vast majority of people can't judge the verticality of balls with the ball cam on based on every single person I've ever watched use it that isn't playing at a high level.

repeater

That was a fantastic piece of content

Hope we get more of this Vs stuff, I'd love to see more Rocket League matches (revenge for the East?) but other games would be cool as well in time

strafer

So Dan mentioned something about a terrible part on Metal Gear Scanlon 4, that part
totally being the Shadow Moses return right? Right?

Jamie OD

That was a fantastic piece of content

Hope we get more of this Vs stuff, I'd love to see more Rocket League matches (revenge for the East?) but other games would be cool as well in time

I'd like to see more competitive stuff in general. Or at least something where everyone appearing is playing the same game together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom