• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching for 5 minutes and I'm really impressed at the technical achievement of making the stream work, it's pretty flawless with very little lag between coasts.

This is what we've been waiting for and they finally delivered :)

So Dan mentioned something about a terrible part on Metal Gear Scanlon 4, that part
totally being the Shadow Moses return right? Right?

He's probably talking about the part in Act 3 where you have to trail a guy and keep him safe while staying hidden from him.

Zaph

I hope you can now all appreciate that a little bit of football makes everything better, even Giant Bomb.

FIFA 16 scrub league pls

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ZaJIodU.gif

Red UFO

I remember the
follow the dude
part taking like, 15 minutes. Am I remembering it wrong? I didn't have a problem with it.

Lelcar

I'd like to see more competitive stuff in general. Or at least something where everyone appearing is playing the same game together.

Or even just everybody talking to each other. It's nice to see both coasts just conversing.

No, it's probably
the awful Act 3 follow the dude bit.

Aww, but the music is so good during that part! I hear you though, it is kind of a pain. I do like the general vibe of that part however.

klonere

Banned
I remember the
follow the dude
part taking like, 15 minutes. Am I remembering it wrong? I didn't have a problem with it.

It's boring and feels relatively unimportant. It's one of those Assassin's Creed stalking missions stretched to what feels like infinity.

It also marks where the game falls off a cliff and never, ever recovers.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
So Dan mentioned something about a terrible part on Metal Gear Scanlon 4, that part
totally being the Shadow Moses return right? Right?

Nah, that's one of my favorite parts of the game. It's the fucking following thing that I hate.

valeo

Can't believe that East never figured out that going for the ball at all times is a bad plan. Need at least one person to stay back and wait for the scraps.

Also that no person on each side seemingly knew that if you boost in the air you can fly towards the ball (and if you hold down the jump button you jump a bit higher)

Still fun to watch, but frustrating!

Brad was surprisingly good at defence; some crazy saves

Zebetite

Banned
going back to
shadow moses
in mgs4 is really cool until you start encountering enemies and stealth kind of barely becomes an option
because they're all robots and the dwarf gekkos move at the speed of light
so your only options are shooting everything to fuck or
throwing hella chaff grenades
and its clear the entire section had barely any meaningful design thought put into it
just like the rest of the game
and was a thing that sounded cool on paper and didn't work at all in execution
see previous spoiler

How many PS4s did they use for the Rocket League thing? 3?

Brad in one for capture purposes and the rest on splitscreen?

I think GB West had 3 PS4s + 3 TVs (full screen for all). GB East were forced to 2 PS4s + 2 TVs (Alex full, Vinny/Austin split).

Brand and Dan were the two people we got POV from

erawsd

That was a fantastic piece of content

Hope we get more of this Vs stuff, I'd love to see more Rocket League matches (revenge for the East?) but other games would be cool as well in time

Yeah definitely, that stream was a lot of fun. Would love to see "Us vs them" become a regular bi weekly feature.

Cue the 70's/80's montage scene of training: Vinny is going to kick them into gear by making them master the tutorials until they can fly! (I would actually want to see that filmed)

Seriously, that would be so awesome if they did that and completely surprised GB West with their sick skills.

Cue the 80's montage scene of training: Vinny is going to kick them into gear by making them master the tutorials until they can fly!

Seriously, that would be so awesome if they did that and completely surprised GB West with their sick skills.

And then Jeff discovers they've been using company time to get better at Rocket League and fires them all.

Rainmaker

Banned
As lopsided (and hilarious because of it) as those matches were they were all fun to watch. Rocket League really is a fun game. I'm addicted to it something crazy.

We need a one GB East training mini-doc a week for three weeks leading to a rematch. Build the hype and then watch them get brutalized again anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom