• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Jeff going in on spoiler culture on the Bombcast was A++++

I remember Jeff being pretty mad about people sending him the P4 Comic because of spoilers, and then he tried to claim it was a special situation because he was playing it with Vinny. Like an individual person playing thru P4 by themselves shouldn't have been annoyed if
someone told them that the gas station dude was the main bad guy.

MGSV is too new and exciting for me to have anything on in the background while I play it yet, (I'm only up to mission 6) but I like to always have a game I can play while listening/glancing at GB videos. This year the main ones have been Hot Shots Golf on Vita, and Drive Club & NFS Rivals on PS4.

That's how I play Diablo III. Always muted with a UPF / some game playthrough from GB playing in the background.

Patrick's Match 3 podcast is actually super great, I've been catching up on it recently. Gita and Sam work really well with him, it reminds me of a more accessible version of the podcast Brianna Wu and Maddy Myers do.

I like how whenever he brings up his family's beach house he prefaces it by saying it how it's very small.

It's alright. I just get a weird vibe off of it, and I know it's not unique to Chicago, but, everyone seems pretty far up their own ass. It's a bit too millennial and hipster for me. That said, you will definitely hear topics you don't hear in GB podcasts and that's good.

Scanlon V has the potential to be one of the most entertaining yet. I really hope they play it on PC too for custom music.

handing Drew the keys to an emergent gameplay machine has to be funny

GBE still needs to quick look Galactic Civilizations III
ss_11043cf2540e8a281b299838489e1eafda82a07e.1920x1080.jpg

KingKong

Scanlon V has the potential to be one of the most entertaining yet. I really hope they play it on PC too for custom music.

really, I feel the opposite. there's going to be a whole lot of time spent in menus and side ops, I can imagine several episodes in a row where basically nothing happens story-wise

also the Blues and Bullets ql is fantastic

Metal Gear Scanlon V is going to be weird. There's so much freedom in the game, I wonder if they'll go in with a sort of "strategy" to keep things moving. If my playthrough was on video, it would probably be really boring because I spend a lot of time in menus and running around not accomplishing much.

What the shit, Will is leaving Tested

I’m starting a company to test out some different ways to communicate in VR.

I'm really glad Will is leaving Tested, and even moreso because he's starting a VR-focused business. Tested is a sad shell of the site it used to be. More popular now, yes, but so diluted.

f0rk

"Interested in using VR for more than games?" is a weird question when there still aren't commercial products to prove people are interesting in using it for games in the first place.

newjeruse

Really, really sad about Will. Not sad I guess, but disappointing. As much crap as I gave him about some of his WAG's, I still love Tested.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"Interested in using VR for more than games?" is a weird question when there still aren't commercial products to prove people are interesting in using it for games in the first place.
It's probably just because a lot of gaming devs know and follow him and he wants to do something else with it. There are many industrial applications for VR headsets for example that require skills you would also need for making a game for it.

Wow, what a quick response to feedback. Not that I entirely agree with it, I was alright with the day-to-day thing, but apparently it drove a lot of people the wrong way.

I think it worked well for Splatoon since it was a way to keep interest in the game long after its release. But I think in this case, it should be up to player to dictate their own pace on how quickly they unlock more tools, than Nintendo. 9 days is completely different from person to person.

Zaph

Wish him the best of luck, because damn, competing with Facebook when it comes to communication tools ain't gonna be easy.

Wish him the best of luck, because damn, competing with Facebook when it comes to communication tools ain't gonna be easy.

Could be trying to get out ahead early in hopes of being purchased by one of the big players. I mean, I don't think that's his business plan, but I'm sure he has considered that possibility.

Uff duh

Banned
Was just looking at the MG Scanlon banners and was wondering if they have mentioned a Start date yet for V?

Didn't he play Ground Zeros on Xbox One? Do not know if he will want to transfer his save or not? Custom music would be pretty cool!

Heimbeck

Banned

I think since Ground Zeros was played on Xbox One he will stick with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom