• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish there was a way to hear the tapes i've unlocked on my phone. I dont want to sit in a helicopter and listen to them and I tried playing a yellow tape once last night during a mission and of course Kaz decided to be a paranoid whiny concern troll right in the middle of the tape and tell me a bunch of useless shit about the mission that was neither informative or needed

Megasoum

Banned
What bugs me the most about every single Destiny videos on the site is that whoever is playing is not holding R2 while navigating the inventory menu. Jeff is comparing all his gear by moving back and forth with the cursor and it's killing me.

I love Kaz as a character in TPP, but fuck Kaz.

Kaz has some Rico in him for sure. I'm at episode 29 so i don't know if he goes full rico yet but man, right now i'm totally understanding as to why Liquid offed the fucker in MGS1. Hell, i think he did everyone a favor with that.

but of course thanks to retcons now you have to consider that Liquid killed a double amputee in cold blood and how that's kinda not cool

also

that feeling when you throw an injured prisoner into a jeep, start hauling ass to a LZ for extraction, get out of the jeep and find out youre the only person who made the trip.

goddamnit, i don't understand why hurt people always bounce out of jeeps but that shit is fucking annoying. It happened one time when i tried to fulton a jeep with a prisoner in it, too. So two children and a jeep start floating up about 5 feet or so and an adult male just rolls right out of it and falls face first into the mud like a fucking idiot.

Kaz is one paranoid motherfucker. I mean maybe deservedly so, but every time you're going to get someone cool on the team he's got to throw a little hissy fit about it.

Kaz has some Rico in him for sure. I'm at episode 29 so i don't know if he goes full rico yet but man, right now i'm totally understanding as to why Liquid offed the fucker in MGS1. Hell, i think he did everyone a favor with that.

but of course thanks to retcons now you have to consider that Liquid killed a double amputee in cold blood and how that's kinda not cool

also

that feeling when you throw an injured prisoner into a jeep, start hauling ass to a LZ for extraction, get out of the jeep and find out youre the only person who made the trip.

goddamnit, i don't understand why hurt people always bounce out of jeeps but that shit is fucking annoying. It happened one time when i tried to fulton a jeep with a prisoner in it, too. So two children and a jeep start floating up about 5 feet or so and an adult male just rolls right out of it and falls face first into the mud like a fucking idiot.

Kaz's shittiness doesn't really get to me because it's totally understandable. He was double-crossed by
Cipher
and lost his only home, not to mention his arm and leg. Of course he's going to be paranoid about every other person he comes in contact with.

Also, it really seems like there should just be an option to stick a fulton on yourself, without having to find a vehicle or container to latch onto.

I think I've been spoiled by Kay Play's and Jeff Green, every other LP I look through is absolutely insufferable. People try to do nothing but make jokes every couple seconds.

I just don't want to go buy a vita tv or vita for Danganronpa!

I think I've been spoiled by Kay Play's and Jeff Green, every other LP I look through is absolutely insufferable. People try to do nothing but make jokes every couple seconds.

I just don't want to go buy a vita tv or vita for Danganronpa!

vita tv is basically free these days

worth it for danganronpa

Every game I have lined up to play seems like a huge time commitment.

• I'm finishing MGS V, I apparently still have 19 main episodes.
  • I then plan to return to Pillars of Eternity now that they've released the part 1 of their dlc.
  • Arkham Knight is now apparently in a more playable state on PC so I'll give that a go
  • Then the crazy one, I plan on doing a new game + playthrough of Witcher 3 once the Hearts of Stone content is released.
  • I'd like to play Shadow Run Dragonfall and Shadow Run Hong Kong
  • I'm curious about Fallout 4 but I'll wait for some word of mouth before buying near launch
  • Total War: Warhammer may be coming this year but that's another I should probably wait for word of mouth on given some of their part launch issues.
  • The Elite Dangerous Planetary Landing expansion will be out.
  • Then Dragon's Dogma will be available on PC
  • XCom 2 After that
That's leaving out games like SC2 Legacy of Void and Just Cause 3 that I'm hoping to play someday and the already ridiculous backlog of games.

Then games just keep rolling in after that.

It's just an impossible number of games to play, at this point it's hard to imagine trying to keep up if I owned more platforms. I want to not only play but dig into so much but I'm completely overwhelmed. I'm not even one of those people with no time, I have relatively decent amount of free time available to me for an adult my age.

daydream

Banned
I know......just trying to not end up with just another game on my backlog.

This game is just stuck on my mind right now though.

it'll pass

you could get one for this, though:

lvuHlMB.gif

I am 100% not shacked about the P5 delay. Shit was obvious after E3 when Atlus US just had a 6 month old trailer to show that they where in the dark as much as us about the game.

Delay until Summer is a little surprising though. I would have expected March but I guess everything else comes out in March. I wonder what "summer" means here though. That could be anything from May until September.

do you even really "play" dangan ronpa

isn't it one of those games that you just consume

I mean, no, and yeah, respectively. but it barely matters when it's that good.

e: and the limited interactivity that it provides does actually have some bearing on the emotional impact. choosing to hang out with someone that you become fond of, only to have them get offed later is crushing

You and over half of GAF.

i'll say it again: anytime 2016 was mentioned a majority in this thread was like NO BRO 2015 BRO

The crow eating wasnt towards gaf at large seeing as most on gaming side were somewhat reasonable about the assumption it wasnt coming in P5 threads before the announcement, even when Atlus would confirm 2015 over and over again. It was towards those marks in here who kept a candle lit for 2015.

Now, lucky for many i've been using a lot of capture cages in MGSV recently so i have plenty of crow to go around. Just don't tell the guys back at the base that i'm serving this to you folks; they are strangely fond of that whole zoo lark that i've been forced to work on

I mean, no, and yeah, respectively. but it barely matters when it's that good.

but what if I think "anime high school murder mystery" is among the most trite shit in existence

and what if I just plain think anime is trash

and to complicate things further, what if I enjoyed Snatcher

f0rk

i'll say it again: anytime 2016 was mentioned a majority in this thread was like NO BRO 2015 BRO

The crow eating wasnt towards gaf at large seeing as most on gaming side were somewhat reasonable about the assumption it wasnt coming in P5 threads before the announcement, even when Atlus would confirm 2015 over and over again. It was towards those marks in here who kept a candle lit for 2015.

Now, lucky for many i've been using a lot of capture cages in MGSV recently so i have plenty of crow to go around. Just don't tell the guys back at the base that i'm serving this to you folks; they are strangely fond of that whole zoo lark that i've been forced to work on
It wasn't a majority, it was mostly the two guys with the main character avatar. Posting 2016 was like a bat signal

daydream

Banned
all the characters are annoying clichés, with like two or three exceptions, and the cases can be solved by a monkey about two hours before they reach a conclusion

it's just a really, really awful script that got turned into a pretty stylish videogame

demidar

but what if I think "anime high school murder mystery" is among the most trite shit in existence

and what if I just plain think anime is trash

and to complicate things further, what if I enjoyed Snatcher

bro did you just diss persona 4?

you made a lotta enemies dis day

LiK

all the characters are annoying clichés, with like two or three exceptions, and the cases can be solved by a monkey about two hours before they reach a conclusion

it's just a really, really awful script that got turned into a pretty stylish videogame

did you finish it? they all have complicated pasts which add to their development. very similar to learning more about the crew in P4. besides, DR has such an awesome mix of murder mystery and insanity that it's unlike anything I've played before. no reason to skip it if people have a passing interest in it. i love how dark and twisted it is. also, DR series has some of the best music.

It wasn't a majority, it was mostly the two guys with the main character avatar. Posting 2016 was like a bat signal
Yeah the majority said 2016, I routinely said 2015 because fuck it why not and a few others also said 2015 but the majority definitely said 2016.

which? I can't keep up with all these atlus/smt/persona threads

e: oh you said probably
Atlus said they they will announce a new game very soon so I imagine we'll hear something on it by the time the 3 day stream ends on Saturday.

daydream

Banned
did you finish it? they all have complicated pasts which add to their development. very similar to learning more about the crew in P4. besides, DR has such an awesome mix of murder mystery and insanity that it's unlike anything I've played before. no reason to skip it if people have a passing interest in it. i love how dark and twisted it is. also, DR series has some of the best music.

yeah, i finished it, that's why i posted my final impressions above where i break down all the issues. i just re-read my post and i don't have anything to add to it.

you would be correct on all points if we were talking about this game in cursory manner. the way it's realised is the problem.

agreed on the rockin' soundtrack, at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom