• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
it'll pass

you could get one for this, though:

lvuHlMB.gif
What's he surprised about?

LiK

yeah, i finished it, that's why i posted my final impressions above where i break down all the issues. i just re-read my post and i don't have anything to add to it.

you would be correct on all points if we were talking about this game in cursory manner. the way it's realised is the problem.

agreed on the rockin' soundtrack, at least

alright, not gonna try and convince you since you finished it.

Marie isn't in vanilla P4 (if I'm not mistaken, I only played Golden).

she's Golden exclusive. I didn't mind her and thought she was a pretty good addition. I never played vanilla P4 but I watched the entire P4 ER afterwards. so weird to see so many locations, scenes and music that was missing in vanilla P4.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I guess if you're fine if you've only played golden but her arc is seriously one of the most tacked on thing I have ever experienced in an expansion.

Should have made FeMC instead.

danm999

Every game I have lined up to play seems like a huge time commitment.

• I'm finishing MGS V, I apparently still have 19 main episodes.
  • I then plan to return to Pillars of Eternity now that they've released the part 1 of their dlc.
  • Arkham Knight is now apparently in a more playable state on PC so I'll give that a go
  • Then the crazy one, I plan on doing a new game + playthrough of Witcher 3 once the Hearts of Stone content is released.
  • I'd like to play Shadow Run Dragonfall and Shadow Run Hong Kong
  • I'm curious about Fallout 4 but I'll wait for some word of mouth before buying near launch
  • Total War: Warhammer may be coming this year but that's another I should probably wait for word of mouth on given some of their part launch issues.
  • The Elite Dangerous Planetary Landing expansion will be out.
  • Then Dragon's Dogma will be available on PC
  • XCom 2 After that
That's leaving out games like SC2 Legacy of Void and Just Cause 3 that I'm hoping to play someday and the already ridiculous backlog of games.

Then games just keep rolling in after that.

It's just an impossible number of games to play, at this point it's hard to imagine trying to keep up if I owned more platforms. I want to not only play but dig into so much but I'm completely overwhelmed. I'm not even one of those people with no time, I have relatively decent amount of free time available to me for an adult my age.

Minus Dragonfall, which I finished last year, I'm in an identical boat.

How the fuck are we supposed to keep up with video games these days? Even hard core cinophiles only need to spend a couple of hours on each movie. I've got 25 games I need to finish that could each taken 20 hours.

I guess if you're fine if you've only played golden but her arc is seriously one of the most tacked on thing I have ever experienced in an expansion.

Should have made FeMC instead.

she seems so fanservicey compared to Chie, Yukiko, Rise, and especially Naoto. The thing i liked about Persona 4's cast is that while they tend to dabble in tropey caricatures occasionally none of them really seem to be a stretch from normal high schoolers.

Then they thrown Marie and it's like c'mon now she doesn't even feel like a character from the same game. It's like a fanservice version of Poochie or some shit. I guess i should play more than a couple of hours of P4G to see if she's fleshed out in any decent way but on first blush she really sticks out

jaina

Was he completely unaware that Golden added substantial story content, or was he just unprepared that it would pop up so early on?
He's exaggerating it for us. That's the Vita TV stream, so he already owned the Golden copy for a while and has likely read about the changes.

Patryn

Minus Dragonfall, which I finished last year, I'm in an identical boat.

How the fuck are we supposed to keep up with video games these days? Even hard core cinophiles only need to spend a couple of hours on each movie. I've got 25 games I need to finish that could each taken 20 hours.

Do what I do, and ignore all the new releases and just work on your backlog. Like, I only just beat Arkham Asylum this year.

I'm honestly not sure if I've beaten a single game that actually came out this year.

Of course, it helps that I am less interested in most of the "big" games that others are way into.

As for Persona 5, I am disappointed but not shocked. I had gone back and forth between the 2015 and 2016 camps, but that last thread made me believe that Atlus wasn't misleading us.

I think my wife is way more disappointed, because she's the bigger Persona fan. The worst part is that I was going to get it for her for Christmas, and now I have to figure something else out.

called persona 5 being 2016 as far back as late last year

I will have to take an L on that Zelda prediction tho.

And yeah it seems that upon doing some research it was mainly MrPliskin and once in a while the Dutch slayer who pushed back on 2016. I guess this is what happens when you dont have avatars on, sometimes you don't notice that you've had a year long back and forth because you don't know what anime youre arguing with

i'll rest my case now. I still need to see the trailer so i can get excited for persona 5's winter 2016 NA release

Capture cages work on birds?

yup. and it's less awkward than shooting a bird perched on a rock and then putting them in your pocket like a weirdo

tuxfool

Banned
Now, lucky for many i've been using a lot of capture cages in MGSV recently so i have plenty of crow to go around. Just don't tell the guys back at the base that i'm serving this to you folks; they are strangely fond of that whole zoo lark that i've been forced to work on

Capture cages work on birds?

I have some sympathy for the 2015 camp. A lot of if broke down to optimists versus realists. Those who believed the PR constantly telling them it was 2015 and those that always assume PR is lying through their teeth.

I believe PR, but nothing that Atlus has said or shown about the game led us to believe that it was a 2015 game other than PR telling us "yeah don't worry guys its still coming this year." #FE looked like a more finished game than P5 did when #FE got its stream.

DR feels like it was written by tumblr's collective conscious, so I dropped it pretty quickly.

called persona 5 being 2016 as far back as late last year

I will have to take an L on that Zelda prediction tho.

And yeah it seems that upon doing some research it was mainly MrPliskin and once in a while the Dutch slayer who pushed back on 2016. I guess this is what happens when you dont have avatars on, sometimes you don't notice that you've had a year long back and forth because you don't know what anime youre arguing with

They're really only guilty of trusting Atlus USA, who as late as yesterday were seriously pushing back on the idea that it was 2016. Fool me once and so on.

Patryn

Is that name "I'M WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING"?

I shouldn't talk.

edit: The GB Extra Life thread is up (it might've been posted here previously). Looking forward to Extra Life, hope Brad does a solo stream and then a stream from both GBEast and GBWest.

Shame that Jason likely won't be available for that, given that it was last year's stream that really gave him a chance to shine and stand out. Isn't Lisa due right before or around then?

Myggen

Shame that Jason likely won't be available for that, given that it was last year's stream that really gave him a chance to shine and stand out. Isn't Lisa due right before or around then?

Yup, I think so.

Bring the newborn baby on the stream and feed him chicken fries.

Would've loved to see new Ranking of Fighters or Jason playing SF4 online with fans on the stream. Its sad but obviously understandable.

DR feels like it was written by tumblr's collective conscious, so I dropped it pretty quickly.

You're really not missing much. Pretty decent game, but only towards the end does it actually start getting good.

Dan has not been part of an endurance stream for GB yet has he? Hopefully he will be part of Extra Life 2015. His Guinness World Record attempts in the past makes me think he would be up for some silly stuff.

Also, Dan needs to force GB into beating some World Record.

Can Dan play Metal Gear Solid 1-4 back to back to back to back and be awarded something prestigious?

If you have it, might as well play it. Otherwise, wait. A remaster isn't going to fix the game's shit combat and dull missions. Hopefully the sequel is better.

I got it on PS+ years ago. I started it earlier in the year but I got detracted with something else. Plus I think I had trouble reading the text because it was too small for me.

I remember playing it at a pre launch event for the Vita and liking it though.

Ill give it another go I think.

Haunted

it'll pass

you could get one for this, though:

lvuHlMB.gif
What's surprising is that Jeff would remember the game so closely to recognise that this character/scene wasn't in the original.

It had been years since the Endurance Run at that point. Either he read up on the change, replayed the start of P4 in preparation or the game made a much deeper impression on him than I thought.

LiK

What's surprising is that Jeff would remember the game so closely to recognise that this character/scene wasn't in the original.

It had been years since the Endurance Run at that point. Either he read up on the change, replayed the start of P4 in preparation or the game made a much deeper impression on him than I thought.

Jeff adored P4. might be one of his favorite games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom