• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MjUe47Y.png

(Yes, this is an actual game screenshot)

Can't wait to see what they play next. Don't see them doing LiS till all the parts are out (or if they time it so episode 5 would release the same week they play it)

Aaron

What I realize from watching the Destiny stream is they could get the same thrill from a Counterstrike: GO match without all the grinding and platforming.

ArjanN

I can't imagine he starts Super Castlevania before December, at the earliest.

Yeah, they mentioned it might be a while.

It makes a lot of sense to stop now that they've gotten to the games that are actually good and not just historical curiosities.
/s

Although to be fair the Castlevania games after 3 are a lot better designed, so there's less comedy in them realizing how fucked something is, which honestly for me is about half the fun of these streams.

No_Style

Just finished MGSV. Is everyone watching MGScanlon? I feel MGSVed out. Not even bothering with the spoilercast.

Read a bit about the ending from that GB Community post and was done. Good game overall, I guess. But after 90 hours I feel like I am still processing my feelings on it.

ArjanN

Ha, yep. And I mean, after this, I'm sure he's going to tear through IV. Like, 3 episodes max.

IV is easy, yeah. Especially after this.

I remember Rondo of Blood being fairly challenging, but definitely in a more fair way. In Castlevania 1-3 it just seems that pretty much every situation eventually comes down to exploiting the cheesiest strategy.

Just finished MGSV. Is everyone watching MGScanlon? I feel MGSVed out. Not even bothering with the spoilercast.

Read a bit about the ending from that GB Community post and was done. Good game overall, I guess. But after 90 hours I feel like I am still processing my feelings on it.

Between the Super Best Friends and Giant Bomb it dawned on me that it just isn't that fun to watch as the previous games, not that it's a worse game per se, but the larger focus on gameplay means there's much less for them to play off/react to, and while the gameplay is pretty freeform with lots of options, there aren't really much consequences, so it's not all that tense.

killroy87

I've been watching bits and pieces, but MGSV's design doesn't really lend itself super well to what I most enjoyed in MGScanlon.

Myggen

I'm watching it!

Also good to see that Dan is enjoying Undertale.

Those who are watching, are they mainlining it w/ important side ops or trying to do it all?

They haven't really fallen into a routine yet, but so far it's been 1-2 main ops, a side op, then some base management at the end.

This past episode, Dan now has an iPad and is directing Drew to objectives/calling in choppers for him.

tchocky

QLCrew now has podcasts, is that new today. Hopefully it makes it easier to go look for past podcasts because it's pretty bad on the gb site and it should be good for user submitted timestamps.

Damn, worked 11 1/2 hours yesterday and completely missed the raid. Hope they have it up soon, would love to see how they did. My group has pretty much got it down now, hardest part is jumping puzzles for us running on alts lol

KingKong

I thought the last episode of Metal Gear Scanlon was really good. It helps that mission 6 is so good though. They should be doing new stuff for a while but there's a middle section where it's basically nothing but unconnected missions that's going to be rough to watch

Jabronium

Damn, worked 11 1/2 hours yesterday and completely missed the raid. Hope they have it up soon, would love to see how they did. My group has pretty much got it down now, hardest part is jumping puzzles for us running on alts lol

I think the whole thing is on YouTube, or at least it was this morning. I tuned in and out while running errands and missed most of it past the halfway point yesterday. I was unreasonably happy to hear Austin on there handing out GBeast dunks on Oryx.

Myggen

Vinny has limited time on his hands, and if anything he should play Witcher 3 cause god damn it someone is gonna need to fight for that game at GOTY time. I already know it's going to be below MGSV and that's disheartening.

Vinny mentioned during the latest Beastcast that he's put almost 60 hours into MGSV.

Patryn

Vinny has limited time on his hands, and if anything he should play Witcher 3 cause god damn it someone is gonna need to fight for that game at GOTY time. I already know it's going to be below MGSV and that's disheartening.

Everything is going to be below MGSV.

After seeing the Podfest Bombcast and Jeff outright saying that he'd take MGSV over Mario Maker, there is no game that can stand up to it.

Although, if it makes you feel happier, Jeff does talk about how he's going to pick Witcher 3 back up and give it another shot.

Curufinwe

Everything is going to be below MGSV.

After seeing the Podfest Bombcast and Jeff outright saying that he'd take MGSV over Mario Maker, there is no game that can stand up to it.

Although, if it makes you feel happier, Jeff does talk about how he's going to pick Witcher 3 back up and give it another shot.

He should get help beating Rom, then finish the rest of Bloodborne. It would be much quicker.

Lelcar

Vinny mentioned during the latest Beastcast that he's put almost 60 hours into MGSV.

Yeah, and he's referenced on various Quick Looks and such that he's really liking it. So, if anyone thought it would be East vs West for MGSV, nah, East has come to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom