• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are fullscreen videos broken for anyone else? So confused. 60 FPS before expanding but once you go full screen it drops to a horrible, stuttering mess almost as if all games are running at 20 fps.

Edit: Using chrome

Vinny has limited time on his hands, and if anything he should play Witcher 3 cause god damn it someone is gonna need to fight for that game at GOTY time. I already know it's going to be below MGSV and that's disheartening.

I'm down for any open world game really, but then again i'm down with most of the stuff that beast is doing. Would just be happy to see the Friday show keep on going :)

Only reason I say MGS is because Vinny played Far Cry 4 for a while and it was really fun watching that, as some of those mechanics are present in this game as well, It would be at least interesting to see how he approaches it. In a way we've already seen most of the west crew play MGS in some way shape or form, but nothing from the east crew. Just a thought any ways. Could just as well be Austin, as we really haven't seen him in a giantbomb endurance run sort of thing yet (lest i'm mistaken).

HTML5 is a little better but it's still really stuttery. I mean, I have a PC with a 980ti and i53570K so I can play decent quality videos without issues so it's not that.

HTML5 is a little better but it's still really stuttery. I mean, I have a PC with a 980ti and i53570K so I can play decent quality videos without issues so it's not that.
try another browser?

if not, then maybe check your drivers. If youre overclocking your video card you also might be running into an issue where your card is overheating so perhaps try lowering your clock settings

I'm constantly running evga precision and there's little change except when first starting a video. High quality blu-ray rips work flawlessly so it's not the hardware at fault. Will try firefox and see if the situation improves.

I'm constantly running evga precision and there's little change except when first starting a video. High quality blu-ray rips work flawlessly so it's not the hardware at fault. Will try firefox and see if the situation improves.

that's an overclocking program. Overclocking can cause your card to overheat and the way you know that it's overheating is that things start running like ass. Your card is getting older every day, it's collecting dust, and some games and applications are more sensitive to overclocking than others. check the temps on your card when running videos.

I suggest you either crank things down a few notches or provide better cooling for your rig.

It's also a program that constantly measures your tempertures and lets you adjust your overclocking on the fly. I am not overclocking at the time but thanks. Didn't ask for an introduction to overclocking.

This is an issue exclusive to giantbomb, youtube 60 FPS streams work brilliantly and much, much, MUCH higher quality blu-ray videos run perfectly.

It's also a program that constantly measures your tempertures and lets you adjust your overclocking on the fly. I am not overclocking at the time but thanks. Didn't ask for an introduction to overclocking.

This is an issue exclusive to giantbomb, youtube 60 FPS streams work brilliantly and much, much, MUCH higher quality blu-ray videos run perfectly.

okay

i guess you got this or something

Curufinwe

I enjoyed the part where Danny thought Petr Cech, who plays for the team Danny supports, is Russian when he's actually Czech. If only there was an easy way to remember that...

This Fifa quick look is amazing so far. Danny with that deep Byker Grove reference...

Dan got a lot of heat in the comments, but I thought he was fine.

Can't wait for the Pro Evo quick look. Hopefully we'll see some goals in that one.

I can confirm that Giant Bomb's video player still sucks.

Progressive is unskippable garbage. Streaming has garbage quality. HTML5 can't maintain 60fps on fullscreen. All of them become stuttering messes if you pause or view other tabs while the video is playing, at which point only refreshing the page can fix it--and sometimes they become stuttery just for the heck of it. In all cases the 'resume last position' feature is unreliable at best, or absent at worst. YouTube is far and away the best option, free from all these problems, but of course premium videos aren't available there.

GB pls

so I'm the guy that made these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RvABX64hMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLuPIFjuwIY

ask me about em if you want

Second one is great. I don't even remember that part.

Using the Persona sketches was a brilliant decision. The TF2 ones are a little off-putting, somehow.
woof

I can confirm that Giant Bomb's video player still sucks.

Progressive is unskippable garbage. Streaming has garbage quality. HTML5 can't maintain 60fps on fullscreen. All of them become stuttering messes if you pause or view other tabs while the video is playing, at which point only refreshing the page can fix it--and sometimes they become stuttery just for the heck of it. In all cases the 'resume last position' feature is unreliable at best, or absent at worst. YouTube is far and away the best option, free from all these problems, but of course premium videos aren't available there.

GB pls

I dont suffer framerate issues but their servers are definitely slow enough that it's annoying at times. Youtube is where i go for non-premium stuff, too, because it buffers too often when watching from their site

Are fullscreen videos broken for anyone else? So confused. 60 FPS before expanding but once you go full screen it drops to a horrible, stuttering mess almost as if all games are running at 20 fps.

Edit: Using chrome

I have e same exact issue using Chrome when going full screen. Not just GB but any site. I looked up solutions l(like disabling flash through plugins or turning off hardware acceleration) but they didn't work either. Disabling flash plugin does but then you clearly can't use flash. When I play videos through Firefox full screen everything is fine, so that's been my route. It started happening a couple of months ago. Mac user.

AcridMeat

Banned
Do you guys have any games you're planning on playing for Halloween? I'm thinking of going through Costume Quest again. Not a huge fan of horror games mechanically but I may look up some Silent Hill 2 stuff as well, since a friend showed me just how damn good the soundtracks are last night.
This is phenomenal, especially answering the phone.
I enjoyed the part where Danny thought Petr Cech, who plays for the team Danny supports, is Russian when he's actually Czech. If only there was an easy way to remember that...
I thought that too. He actually had me second guess myself even though I've known of Petr Cech since I was like 10.

Dan got a lot of heat in the comments, but I thought he was fine.

Can't wait for the Pro Evo quick look. Hopefully we'll see some goals in that one.

What a surprise, everyone is so sensitive these days.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I died doing the exact same thing in Uncharted 2 with that truck.

Also saw a commercial for this game today on ESPN with an aerosmith song playing. Made me wonder what espn viewers would care about some uncharted collection

DamnBoxes

He was getting vocal about a lot of things towards the end. It was kind of awesome.

Also no problems with the video player on this Chrome user's end.

I know he said things like "Now we don't have to play Destiny ever again", were there some others? That stream is mostly a blur to me now...

SomberOwl

Finally got the MGSV Platinum yesterday. Word of advice if your going for it, don't develop a nuke last cause it takes 24 in game hours to complete. I had already done everything so I just had to leave my console on when I wasn't home for 24 hours.

It's doable Brad!

gVtOJSWl.png

I'll say this: I sure-as-shit would never EVER want to play that. I had a blast watching them fail over and over and over again (and then succeed).

I was checking in on them periodically whilst playing Elite, I couldn't believe they were still going every time I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom