• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

I'd love to be able to get Fallout 4, and I could totally do that, but given Bethesda and the wider industry's track record of shipping rather buggy games probably means I'm gonna wait a few weeks, if not a few months. I still have The Witcher 3 to play, after all.

Crazy that game will be coming out in a few weeks. There really hasn't been much coverage I've seen at all since E3.

I hope Besthesda has picked their game up a little in terms of writing.

Xater

What the hell is Dan talking about in regards to Strong Guy vs Smart Guy stat allocation on random dudes? I did not notice one iota of this. Is he misinterpreting that or did I totally miss it?

Since Then am not watching can you clarify what he was talking about?

Descent was great. That is likely the game I played the most on our family IBM Aptiva 486. That's right mother fuckers, no IBM compatible in our household. Only the real deal International Business Machines allowed.

Joeku

Crazy that game will be coming out in a few weeks. There really hasn't been much coverage I've seen at all since E3.

I hope Besthesda has picked their game up a little in terms of writing.

I wish there was a gif that represented Bethsoft's writing as well as there are gifs that represent their engines and animations.

It's probably going to be laughable. I anxiously await another case of clearly good vs. clearly evil in the established shades-of-grey universe of Fallout.

Yay, moral absolutism!

Since Then am not watching can you clarify what he was talking about?

In MGSV stats for dudes you pick up, he's effectively saying that an npc that has a high ranking in one "smart guy" stat (intel, R&D, medical) is going to have high stats in smart guy stats collectively, whereas npcs that have high stats in the "strong guy" stat (combat unit) will not have high stats in the smart guy categories. I don't even know where Base Development stands in terms of either of those, and characters aren't rated on Security Team...so...what?

Unless I'm terribly misremembering, I don't think his thinking is true.

I'd play Fallout 4 mainly for a playground to explore but if the interiors are separate loaded areas, it'll be a turnoff for me. It may seem picky but at this point that just damages the little I get out of those games at this point.

daydream

Banned
Giant Bomb makes Mario stream on Wednesday (Patrick will probably die a lot on thursday).

glad they're doing this again!

qloVyHR.jpg

Patrick has been promising to create a level for them to play too. If he does it on stream (which is about 40 mins a day), he would have close to an hour and a half to work on a level before GBs stream.

stump please explain

I was super confused until I realized I've given away my tumblr before

五五七二三二〇 (5572320, pronounced "go go nana ni san ni rei") is a secret/not secret alternate persona for (notoriously goofy) idol group Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku. This persona was formed solely for the promotion 50th anniversary of a freaking cookie/biscuit. For some reason, they were all taught how to play instruments for it and the single was a math rock song of all things.

Yesterday, apparently unnanounced, they put out a second single, and it's one of the most gloriously bonkers videos of the year. And, by the way, it was composed by the lady who did the original music for Cowboy Bebop.

Remember, this is because of a cookie.

Mature

What the hell is Dan talking about in regards to Strong Guy vs Smart Guy stat allocation on random dudes? I did not notice one iota of this. Is he misinterpreting that or did I totally miss it?
Hmm, I'm pretty sure this is the case in Peace Walker, and I thought it was for TPP too, but looking over my staff I don't really see that pattern at all.

SomberOwl

I'd play Fallout 4 mainly for a playground to explore but if the interiors are separate loaded areas, it'll be a turnoff for me. It may seem picky but at this point that just damages the little I get out of those games at this point.

I couldn't stand entering and exiting / fast traveling through 4 load screens in Skyrim just to get to where I was going. After 200 hours it's what made me stop paying.

Xater

In MGSV stats for dudes you pick up, he's effectively saying that an npc that has a high ranking in one "smart guy" stat (intel, R&D, medical) is going to have high stats in smart guy stats collectively, whereas npcs that have high stats in the "strong guy" stat (combat unit) will not have high stats in the smart guy categories. I don't even know where Base Development stands in terms of either of those, and characters aren't rated on Security Team...so...what?

Unless I'm terribly misremembering, I don't think his thinking is true.

That might be more common early on but is totally untrue later on. You get people with multiple S-Ranks and quite often they have combat abilities equal to some of the other stats.

danm999

Yeah I didn't notice a combination of smart or strong guy stats. I've got guys S+ in one thing and D in everything else. I think it might be totally random.

This doesn't surprise me at all in a world with computer generated music idols. Thanks!

it's actually super common for even legit performers to get offers to do stuff like this (although rarely this weird). Instead of in the west where ad agencies tend to pay bands to use their existing music, there they'll actually pay them to write and record the song. so the group/performer gets a new single, the advertiser gets a new song for their ad campaign, etc. Sometimes it's hilariously blatant advertising, sometimes you'd never know if you weren't told.

daydream

Banned
I was super confused until I realized I've given away my tumblr before

五五七二三二〇 (5572320, pronounced "go go nana ni san ni rei") is a secret/not secret alternate persona for (notoriously goofy) idol group Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku. This persona was formed solely for the promotion 50th anniversary of a freaking cookie/biscuit. For some reason, they were all taught how to play instruments for it and the single was a math rock song of all things.

Yesterday, apparently unnanounced, they put out a second single, and it's one of the most gloriously bonkers videos of the year. And, by the way, it was composed by the lady who did the original music for Cowboy Bebop.

Remember, this is because of a cookie.

i sure wish that video wasn't blocked for me

that sounds all-around pretty stupid/fun, though. and they got yoko kanno for that?

daydream

Banned
they sure did. I didn't realize how prolific she was until I was looking at her wikipedia pages today. I wish I knew who directed the video, having trouble finding info.

the cowboy bebop and napple tale soundtracks have ingrained the name into my head, i would not hesitate to call her one of the most talented composers alive

Joeku

oh shit, they're doing another mario maker stream

Like, I dig your avatar and whatnot, but more than Evangeline Lily cradling her boobs I see her ridiculously small hands doing so and it keeps weirding me out. Those are her actual baby-like hands, right?

kAmui-

Do you guys think that the second level they/we make will be similar to the first one where the idea is to make a level that is kinda tough and full of dickish tricks? Or would it be possible to make more of a "traditional" Mario level? Personally I'd prefer a level that would require more of good ol' platforming skills, but when the levels are sort of a collection of random ideas that could be hard. I'm not sure what to expect. Other than a fun stream!

Like, I dig your avatar and whatnot, but more than Evangeline Lily cradling her boobs I see her ridiculously small hands doing so and it keeps weirding me out. Those are her actual baby-like hands, right?

God dammit

popo

Jeff should make the mario level this time and maybe the chat could try to make a clever level rather than just an asshole level - asking a lot I know. If Dan drive it is sure to be an asshole.

Also, I clicked on this headline thinking they were getting weirdly personal, but it turns out they were not talking about Dan. Although they could have been.

Hero Player Outsmarts Mario Maker Troll, Saves All The Yoshi

Lelcar

I removed my ability to play P.T. like a week or so ago by upgrading my hard drive. It wasn't worth limiting myself to 500 gigs just to have P.T. I was already having to delete game data all the time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I removed my ability to play P.T. like a week or so ago by upgrading my hard drive. It wasn't worth limiting myself to 500 gigs just to have P.T. I was already having to delete game data all the time.

you could have transferred the data.

popo

I bet Alex will do the Rock Band 4 QL

He's in Japan though.
I think it will be Jeff and Dan.

maybe not

Anonymous asked: Hey Jeff! It seems like Harmonix is okay with people streaming press/road crew copies of Rock Band 4 prior to release. Do you guys plan on having any kind of stream/quick look of the game up before release? Thanks!

Jeff : I’m not sure that we’ll post any further video coverage of Rock Band 4. We already ran a bunch back at PAX and there really isn’t much else to show.

Zornack

It's not cross gen but looks it so I hope they're doing something interesting, be it with the number of characters on screen or getting rid of loading interiors.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed as a cross gen game then dropped last gen at some point. After The Witcher 3 and MGS V I don't want to go back to a constant barrage of load screens.

What are you guys planning on getting for the rest of the year?

Right now I'm just getting Disgaea 5 and the new Tales game. I'm thinking about Just Cause 3 but I haven't decided yet.

D5

P4D

new tales game

DQ Heroes

fallout 4

Just Cause 3

Yakuza 5

Sword art online lost song

i just got home from work and im going to do it.

im going to go to a store, and BUY DESTINY. i'm going to pick up a box, hand it to the cashier, and say "this, please, I am a person that wants to play this." the box will say "destiny" for the play station 4.

then im going to buy PS Plus so I can play it online. then i'm going to pick up a controller to play a first person shooter at 30 frames per second, and i am going to scream the whole time. just holler my lungs out.

im going to go to a store, and BUY DESTINY. i'm going to pick up a box, hand it to the cashier, and say "this, please, I am a person that wants to play this." the box will say "destiny" for the play station 4.

then im going to buy PS Plus so I can play it online. then i'm going to pick up a controller to play a first person shooter at 30 frames per second, and i am going to scream the whole time. just holler my lungs out.

Pls stream all this. Thanks.

God Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom