• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Shooting things (particularly from the first person perspective) as a core mechanic has never made for a compelling or satisfying gameplay loop. That's a minor problem that stands between me and enjoyment of almost any FPS. All I can say about Destiny is that it's mindnumbingly boring to even hear people talk about the game, so I can assume the game itself isn't very interesting.

Just a cheap joke about how I literally have no idea what the fuck is going on in Destiny. I didn't realize how on-point the story jokes were until I played it. It's basically incoherent.

Joeku

Man, I'm not knowledgeable on the Rock Band custom scene but I would hope that a bunch of the Persona 4 soundtrack would be inserted into it. I've heard it all so much that I know I'd enjoy each instrument to some degree if the charting was good.

Teddified

What are you guys planning on getting for the rest of the year?

Right now I'm just getting Disgaea 5 and the new Tales game. I'm thinking about Just Cause 3 but I haven't decided yet.

you might say it looks... dicey?

4Qfw6EK.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Right now I'm just getting Disgaea 5 and the new Tales game. I'm thinking about Just Cause 3 but I haven't decided yet.
I'm waiting for Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition, but I'll play on PC.

Apparently I'm looking at getting around 10 new games for the rest of the year. That's far more than I expected.

Transformers, maybe Fatal Frame, Xenoblade X and the two Legend of Heroes games whenever they come out.

Lingitiz

In terms of AAA stuff:
Tales
Halo 5
Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Maybe Starcraft Legacy of the Void - I have two other campaigns to get to so this one's up in the air
Maybe Transformers - depends on reviews really
Maybe Battlefront - biggest chance this year to be a dumpster fire, but hey I'm hopeful.
Maybe Xenoblade X - still curious if it's as grindy as it seems to be

And DLC stuff:
Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone
Bloodborne The Old Hunters
Pillars of Eternity The White March 2
Life is Strange Part 5

And whatever other surprises that manage to slip their way through. I could do with more Undertale style surprises to round out the rest of the year. I still want to catch up on Mad Max, Shadowrun HK, and Stasis.

It's been a really good year. I finally just finished Shadow of Mordor yesterday and I'm still wondering how that managed to be their top game last year. I don't think it would even rank in a year like this one.

Teddified

Yeah plenty of good stuff still coming out. I probably wont buy most till next year. Like with Fallout 4 I'll wait for the GOTY edition before I buy it on PC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Yakuza 5
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fallout 4
Blade and Soul beta

Nothing else is really jumping out at me. Not anything that I'd use my sparse free time on at least.

Lunar FC

Probably just Star Wars: Battlefront

I can wait to get Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 and sadly TrackMania Turbo got pushed.

Hopefully going to use winter break to finish Witcher 3 and MGSV

demidar

Undertale giveaway click here!

The only things I'm looking forward to is Tales of Zestiria, Xenoblade Xhronicles X, Yakuza 5 and maybe Transformers. I took a rain check on Fallout 4 after seeing what they did to the skill/perk/SPECIAL system. Maybe in a year or two it'll be good?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm more excited about Persona and South Park for next year than anything else right now. Xenoblade could hook me bad though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Xenoblade Chronicles X. It looks "grind-y" in the same way that Xenoblade 1 was. Which is to say, a fun grind (IMO).

I do need to get around to playing the Witcher 3 at some point now too. Maybe I wait for all this DLC stuff to finish up then jump in?

Lingitiz

Yeah Xenoblade Chronicles X. It looks "grind-y" in the same way that Xenoblade 1 was. Which is to say, a fun grind (IMO).

I do need to get around to playing the Witcher 3 at some point now too. Maybe I wait for all this DLC stuff to finish up then jump in?

The DLC is all optional stuff and it requires an end-game level to even start it, so I would just play the hundred or so hours of base game for now.

Yakuza 5, Fallout 4, and Just Cause 3. Spent over 150 hours across Yakuza 4, Fallout NV, and Just Cause 2. It is overwhelming to think the sequels can match that. Zelda Triforce Heroes is up in the air, waiting to hear if it is worth playing solo.

Glancing at what early 2016 offers, hell, there is no quiet period to tackle a backlog.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC is all optional stuff and it requires an end-game level to even start it, so I would just play the hundred or so hours of base game for now.

They'll prolly end up doing a GOTY version or whatever down the road, I'll just wait. I don't have time to play 100+hour thing atm anyhow, MGSV is almost done, then XCX right around the bend. I need to play more Mario Maker, the new Shovel Knight expansion (really fun so far) and oh yeah Pillars of Eternity put out that expansion that I didn't touch yet.

This thread reminded me of a handful of games, so I guess in terms of bigger titles my list for the rest of the year is:

Transformers
Superbeat:Xonic
Halo 5
Black Ops 3
Fallout 4
Tomb Raider
Just Cause 3
Xenoblade
Yakuza 5
Tales of Zesteria (maybe)

I also need to get an EU copy of Persona 4 Dancing all Night. This year has been a really good year and next year is shaping up real nicely as well.

Persona releasing this year. Ha ha what a joke.

Rtd0qf0.gif

Definitely:
Xenoblade X
Yakuza 5
Firewatch

Maybe:
Undertale
Mario Maker
Fatal Frame
Corpse Party
Dragon Quest Heroes
Yoshi's Wooly World

Never:
Destiny

kiyomi

I'd love to be able to get Fallout 4, and I could totally do that, but given Bethesda and the wider industry's track record of shipping rather buggy games probably means I'm gonna wait a few weeks, if not a few months. I still have The Witcher 3 to play, after all.

Aside from that, I guess Just Cause 3? Although I didn't really love JC2, I'm keen on seeing what happens with that game. Not really a whole lot else I can mention PC-wise that interests me.

Joeku

What the hell is Dan talking about in regards to Strong Guy vs Smart Guy stat allocation on random dudes? I did not notice one iota of this. Is he misinterpreting that or did I totally miss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom