• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to ever play a MOBA, it'd probably be HotS. Game looks fun and is much quicker than Dota.

Though honestly, I'd rather just stick with MMOs and fighting games.

He did a good job on Psych. That's all I know. Cena did, too, so he's also okay in my book.

Cena has been great recently. He's been putting on a show on RAW ever since Wrestlemania with how good his matches are, and how strong his promos are. He's probably been in like 3 of the best 5 matches I've seen this year.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
HotS is pretty good. It's worth checking out. I played a bunch during the beta. I dipped out after a reset. Maybe I will have to reinstall it.

I'd like to see the guys get out of the office more for video content, as fun as some of the current can be it's nice to get some content beyond just different variations of them commentating over gameplay. Not even talking big hour long E3 floor videos or foreign country remotes.

I think modern GB could use more videos like this California Extreme visit, checking out smaller niche gaming events in the area outside the big expo shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCMFQ_BZtms

Or some more stupid randomness in the same vein as the Rollercoaster video.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to see the guys get out of the office more for video content, as fun as some of the current can be it's nice to get some content beyond just different variations of them commentating over gameplay. Not even talking big hour long E3 floor videos or foreign country remotes.

I think modern GB could use more videos like this California Extreme visit, checking out smaller niche gaming events in the area outside the big expo shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCMFQ_BZtms

Or some more stupid randomness in the same vein as the Rollercoaster video.
They didn't even do E3 showfloor videos this year, despite having three video editors with them. Hugely disappointing for me, but they must have their reasons.

demidar

If I were to ever play a MOBA, it'd probably be HotS. Game looks fun and is much quicker than Dota.

Though honestly, I'd rather just stick with MMOs and fighting games.

Cena has been great recently. He's been putting on a show on RAW ever since Wrestlemania with how good his matches are, and how strong his promos are. He's probably been in like 3 of the best 5 matches I've seen this year.

I actually quit HotS because I couldn't stand the playerbase.

And I play Dota 2.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wait, you don't go shopping during summer? Shopping is when I do most of my podcast listening too :)

Well, during the summer months I visit my parents which means I don't need to worry about starving, so that kills 95% of the time I usually spend shopping.
However having a bunch of podcast might be really helpful during the flight to the US next month. And back if I survive.

The GB Unarchived channel is linked, I count that as linking all the Periscopes :)

Haha those are really archived?

Hadn't seen this before, thanks for sharing!!

5nbOtDz.jpg

squadr0n

On the latest bombcast Brad and Jeff were talking about some game on Desura that wasn't on steam and they thought it was in beta now but after Jeff bought it he realized it wasn't. What game were they talking about? They said it looked really good and also mentioned a new game like Windjammers was on Steam around the same time.

I wonder what is the stupid embargo on Mario Maker that GB has decided not to put out a video for it?

Seems some sites are producing stuff, but GB are not, and that usually means an embargo of some kind is in place

First thought is only 30 mins of gameplay is allowed

neshcom

Banned
I wonder what is the stupid embargo on Mario Maker that GB has decided not to put out a video for it?

Seems some sites are producing stuff, but GB are not, and that usually means an embargo of some kind is in place

First thought is only 30 mins of gameplay is allowed

Jeff mentioned that the embargo is specific items/costumes, but because there's a random element to the online(?), it would be tough to make a video cutting around those things.

danm999

Cool new thread.

I worried that there weren't enough Austin photos for these OTs but I'm sure that problem will take care of itself in time.

Jothel

After not having played a COD since MW2, I got the beta for Black Ops 3 and I am baaaaaaad

also I have two codes for that beta if anyone wants them

Cronen

After not having played a COD since MW2, I got the beta for Black Ops 3 and I am baaaaaaad

also I have two codes for that beta if anyone wants them

Oooo, may I have one please? Are they region locked? I am in the UK.

EDIT: I've read it's live until the 23rd? This weekend is pretty manic for me, probably best it goes to someone with more free time! :)

Thanks to giant bomb finally not uploading midnight content, I can finally be productive on my backlog again so i finished Witcher 2. Great game, but it definitely feels like just a big prequel to witcher 3.

Definitely gonna get around to playing witcher 3 after i play MGSV and a bunch of Mario Maker.

Jeff mentioned that the embargo is specific items/costumes, but because there's a random element to the online(?), it would be tough to make a video cutting around those things.

In particular, the embargo's likely related to the Amiibo costumes contained in the Mystery Mushroom. The Mystery Mushroom picks a costume at random, so it's possible to accidentally get an embargoed costume. Of course, the costumes are pretty much widely-known now anyways (
Sonic, Waluigi, Ashley, etc.
), but the embargo still stands.

Heimbeck

Banned
Listening to the podcast it's weird how Brad reads the e-mail asking why Red dead is so good, only for Brad to claim it's GOTG and not give any reasons why.
I don't see why he would even pull that e-mail just to say that.

King Jeff would be a much better host.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm pretty sure it was a podcast somewhere along the line. But I can't imagine finding that again.

It's probably one with an inordinate amount of comments. I remember a lot of people being real mad about pat's antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom