• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a different issue. You are simply buying pointless plastic crap. That is a whole other fight to have!

BTW, my opinion on CEs is to avoid them completely. but if I really like a game I will buy some well made wall art or prints down the like. This currently works well for me, as even Raiden had more stuff on his walls that I do right now

Your room is as empty as your heart, Keyser. Man people would hate me, I have the Destiny Ghost collectors too....I have a dinklebot!

That's a different issue. You are simply buying pointless plastic crap. That is a whole other fight to have!

BTW, my opinion on CEs is to avoid them completely. but if I really like a game I will buy some well made wall art or prints down the like. This currently works well for me, as even Raiden had more stuff on his walls that I do right now

I like some Collector's Editions. Bioshock 2 came with the vinyl soundtrack to the first game, which was awesome. Alan Wake also had a great CE.

What I don't like is the cookie-cutter CE. You know the ones, they come with 1. Shitty tiny art book, 2. Shitty "steel" case, 3. Shitty, low quality art or postcard or some other crap you'll throw away.

Example:
7Fxeryi.jpg

This is Gears 2, but many other games had this awful kind of Collector's Edition.

now, i'm not getting it myself BUT the MGS3 Subsistence and MGS4 limited editions were actually small limited runs. So, I managed to flip both of them for a comfy premium a year or so later. The MGS3 one was especially rare for some time, i made +$100 on my sale of it a year later.

Not to say that this special edition will net the same type of premiums but the Metal Gear limited editions have actually been kind to me in the past.

but yeah that shit is pretty dumb. Especially some of the stuff theyve done with the COD games over the years

I feel like the COD special editions are the right kind of stupid, if you're buying dumb plastic garbage then you might as well go all the way.

I feel like the COD special editions are the right kind of stupid, if you're buying dumb plastic garbage then you might as well go all the way.

yeah, the NV goggles and the remote control car are the highlights of their nonsense. It's dumb in a way i can get behind.

I gotta admit that I totally get jeff's interest in limited/special edition consoles though. those darth vader and mgsv PS4 look slick as hell. I kinda like the halo xbone too. Must be fun to pick those up when getting your current gen console of choice

ahh, so the reason the MGSV spoiler thread is on fire right now is that guides for the game are out in the wild.

well shit, now i have to hope some jerk doesn't spoil the thing from here to launch

whatever happens, please rudds don't spoil it for us. Let us enjoy our japanese anime sneaking mission games.

Anjin M

ahh, so the reason the MGSV spoiler thread is on fire right now is that guides for the game are out in the wild.

well shit, now i have to hope some jerk doesn't spoil the thing from here to launch

whatever happens, please rudds don't spoil it for us. Let us enjoy our japanese anime sneaking mission games.
That's going to make the Internet a minefield for a while. Good luck, everyone.

I wonder if they will do an MGS V spoiler cast. I bet Dan would love the opportunity to talk about it.

Zaph

Goddamnit, what a stupid reason to have leaked spoilers out there.

For those who care, I'd keep this bookmarked if you haven't already. http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/embed/8635/?allow_gb=yes

Patryn

Don't worry, nobody will spoil the major revelation that Big Boss has actually been
three little kids on each other's shoulders in a trench coat[/spolier] this whole time.

EDIT: Oh shit, my spoiler tag didn't work! Sorry that I ruined the major revelation that changes everything about the series!

Xater

Don't worry, nobody will spoil the major revelation that Big Boss has actually been
three little kids on each other's shoulders in a trench coat[/spolier] this whole time.
You know you have watched too much Bojack Horseman when...

Are there actual real spoilers in the wild now? Going in there yesterday was real disappointing because it was a whole lot of nothing.

Are there actual real spoilers in the wild now? Going in there yesterday was real disappointing because it was a whole lot of nothing.

duder i dont know, i'm not taking a step into that thing until i see all 7 endings for MGSV

Also, another Extra Life-Metal Gear idea: MGS2's Snake Tales, where you do missions as everyone's favorite Big Boss clone, Solid Snake!

Xater

Yes, because the strategy guide is out. Saw earlier on Twitter that the MGS subreddit is apparently full of spoilers, so be wary.

Dragon

Banned
Too bad Life is Strange won't be discussed for GotY for GB.

I do wonder how they're going to do it, would the Beasters fly out to San Francisco for all the end of the year stuff?

Myggen

Giant Bomb's GOTY stuff really compliments my already merry December. Such a fun time of the year!

Until Brad's filibuster, and then ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE in the GAF thread :p

Nah, kidding. GOTY is great with all the lists, videos and podcasts. I wonder if some of the sites with smaller editorials, like Gametrailers, will ever attempt something similar to the GOTY podcasts. Polygon kind of did, but not really. I'm surprised every year that no sites try to copy that, given how popular it is on the site.

Until Brad's filibuster, and then ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE in the GAF thread :p

Nah, kidding. GOTY is great with all the lists, videos and podcasts.

I was fully on board with Brad's Minerva's Den filibuster, but I know at some point he'll take a stance against something I like and I'll have no choice but to turn on him.

Xater

lost vikings a character in hots?

alright, blizzard, i'll try your silly dota-like

That is still not well known? Has been around for so long. They even talked about adding stuff from other old games like Blackthorne or Rock'n Roll Racing.

Zaph

lost vikings a character in hots?

alright, blizzard, i'll try your silly dota-like

You actually play all three at once and deaths are scored differently. Have to hand it to Blizzard for putting in so much mechanical work for 'one' hero.

There wasn't a Beastcast last year.

Sure, but they could still do a full cast and then do a regular smaller Beastcast on a Friday. The Beastcast generally covers different news so it's not like they will run over topics already covered or anything. It's just a matter of if they want to record two separate podcasts that week or just one.

daydream

Banned
That is still not well known? Has been around for so long. They even talked about adding stuff from other old games like Blackthorne or Rock'n Roll Racing.

You actually play all three at once and deaths are scored differently. Have to hand it to Blizzard for putting in so much mechanical work for 'one' hero.

i might have just forgotten about it. it's cool that there's room for that kind of throwback (and commitment to the throwback) in there.

hamchan

Man the Internet will suck to be around for the next week as MGSV spoilers come out. I can even foresee someone suiciding their account and putting huge spoilers in a thread title or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom