• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Getting carded when you're well over 21 is great.

The terrible part is when they look at your ID and go "Oh, shit, yeah nevermind"

I found the terrible part to be some places in the US reject foreign licenses unless it says you're over 30, so you need to go get your passport.

Bacon

I work at whole foods and we are required to check everyone's id when they buy alcohol. Gotta put your birthday into the register to even sell the stuff. It's always funny when I have to card someone who looks like they could be my grandfather.

My face makes me look younger than I am, probably why I now hide it in a thick beard :p Gain ten years.

Edit: Edited because I think baby face means chubby cheeks and that's not what I meant.

santeesioux

I just can't grow a beard... The best I can do is a Michael Cera 'stache

I can grow a pretty mean goatee with the cheeks coming in a little pubey and with no thickness thanks to my Native heritage. It looks pretty good If I keep it down to stubble length though.

Anjin M

No carding stories myself. Instead, the kid at the counter of the local Del Taco gave me the senior discount one time. I was not amused.

daydream

Banned
i swear mpp5 was slated for 4pm my time at some point, dunno if schedule-kun was playing tricks on me or what

no chance i'm catching it midnight unless i pay for extra bytes on this wifi stick

CNdg2UVUYAA8Uoq.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/637084363910283264

daydream

Banned
i hope they don't change the lighting one bit and jeff just does a dramatic reading of the space jam novel

What all are they livestreaming over the course of PAX? Is tonight being streamed?

it's all on the site schedule. tonight + mpp5 + live beastcast (not streamed) is what we're getting out of pax. maybe some rock band night leaks, too

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
it's all on the site schedule. tonight + mpp5 + live beastcast (not streamed) is what we're getting out of pax. maybe some rock band night leaks, too

Awesome. Are they back in a conference room that doesn't live stream via twitch or something similar this year? The panel is usually my favorite part. I suppose I can wait until they edit it. If I have to. I guess.

Lunar FC

i hope they don't change the lighting one bit and jeff just does a dramatic reading of the space jam novel

So are they not doing a panel this year?

Anjin M

Awesome. Are they back in a conference room that doesn't live stream via twitch or something similar this year? The panel is usually my favorite part. I suppose I can wait until they edit it. If I have to. I guess.
The panel is in a non-streaming theater. It will likely be filmed. I'm hoping for a ghetto mixlr stream.

I'm going that route, as I deleted Flash from my computer (this was the last straw: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/03/hackers-exploit-flash-vulnerability-in-yahoo-ads/?_r=0). Since the Giant Bomb player relies on Flash for livestreams and YouTube is HTML5, YouTube is my only choice. Come on Giant Bomb, fix your player and allow for HTML5 livestreams!

CNdgfeNVEAAuzjH.jpg:small

Second billing to the edgy, next-gen reboot of Gamespot.

They do have this new black and white logo on YouTube. No more black and yellow?

Ruuawd5.png

daydream

Banned
I'm going that route, as I deleted Flash from my computer (this was the last straw: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/03/hackers-exploit-flash-vulnerability-in-yahoo-ads/?_r=0). Since the Giant Bomb player relies on Flash for livestreams and YouTube is HTML5, YouTube is my only choice. Come on Giant Bomb, fix your player and allow for HTML5 livestreams!

yeah, yt's player is all around very reliable, plus you have the instant rewind

might as well use the chance to watch a yt stream without a vpn connection since i'm on vacation, hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom