• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was sceptical as well, listening to Jeff's impressions, but watching that 70 mins footage made me just really mess with it. Looks like a blast!

Luckily for me I don't care much for MGS V (After the disappointment that was 4) so the release date is perfect for me!

MGSV is like the complete opposite of 4 though.

So, real talk (/austin), Dan having a feud with a WWE Superstar has to be fantastic. I can't even imagine the feeling and I am very happy for everyone involved.

Awesome! BB-8 almost looks like it (he?) could easily exist within a Metal Gear game.

UjO5Ors.jpg

GVf2hHH.jpg

Patryn

After getting back into my GAF account, let me say the PAX Rumble was amazing live.

Sorry it was a lesser experience on stream.

Also Rich Gallup managed to hit me with stacks of fake bills twice. It was like he was aiming for my seat.

No_Style

I just watched MPP5. The crowd was incredible! I think they should save the rest for PAX events. The cheers and boos were great. Dan played heel like a champ.

Myggen

So I didn't see any GB content on the weekend. What'd I miss? Are there any videos up yet?

No archive up on the site yet. The MPP5 stream was fantastic and can be viewed on the Managed Livestream page. The small panel they did on Thursday was also really good. The main panel wasn't streamed, so we'll have to wait for the archive.

rumble's good but the camera stuff killed what was probably the best moment

also, the ILC thing's super lame for the same reasons New Day was lame; it doesn't really work unless they're heels

valeo

No archive up on the site yet. The MPP5 stream was fantastic and can be viewed on the Managed Livestream page. The small panel they did on Thursday was also really good. The main panel wasn't streamed, so we'll have to wait for the archive.

Cheers mate; have a lot to catch up on!

Alfredo

They've got a lot of stuff to quick look next week. Mega Man Legacy Collection(will probably get ignored), Stasis, Satellite Reign, MGS V, Disney Infinity 3.0, and so on.

Damn Pax throwing everything off *shakes fist*

Now that Patrick's gone, who's on Danganronpa duty? :p Will a Danganronpa game finally get a Quick Look? I mean, it's a shooter now, so...chances are slightly higher!

It's a vita game so sadly it won't get a quick look. Still don't understand that given the Soul Sacrifice test footage looked good but oh well.

They also need to quick look Odallus, someone should make Vinny and Austin aware of the game via twitter.

Jintor

i'm really into the way any time patrick attempts to dance he does this amazing hip gyration thing which combined with his hairstyle and facial hair and usual attire just make him look SEEDY AS FUCK

justjim89

I wonder if Rorie ever got back into Pillars of Eternity? He's probably the only one of the crew who would have any chance of getting through it, but it's such a great game. I've put like 12 hours in throughout the past couple of days, and it's such a great game. I don't even have any affinity for the Infinity Engine games, I've tried getting into Baldur's Gate 2 numerous times over the past few years but I never could. PoE feels modern in just enough ways, and is a lot less clunky. I'd love to hear the game get some kind of recognition at GotY time, but that probably won't happen on GB beyond a "Yeah, I wish I'd have had more time to play that."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i can't wait for cities: skylines - seasons and cities: skylines - pets

heck, someone get h&m and ikea on the line

i'll be really bummed if their next expansion isn't weather and season based.

but i also need them to either make a spiritual successor to The Movies or to Theme Park/Roller Coaster Tycoon

but i also need them to either make a spiritual successor to The Movies or to Theme Park/Roller Coaster Tycoon

The Movies was weird, but I loved it. And Theme Park is one of my favorite games I owned on Jaguar....yeah, you heard me. RCT is in my top 10 for sure too!

Check this out! Parkitect It's out in Early Access next month for $15. The $40 Kickstarter backers got the pre-alpha tests already: Let's Look At: Parkitect (Build-a-park Episode 1)

Also:

Roller Coaster Tycoon World is shaping up nicely. It was shown off at PAX.
Roller Coaster Tycoon World - Coaster Test Run
RollerCoaster Tycoon World Gameplay video from PAX Prime
Roller Coaster Tycoon World Real Gameplay Demo RollerCoaster Crash Pax Prime 2015 Atari

Theme Park Studio (not related to Theme Park) is another good theme park builder.

NoLimits 2 is awesome, but is a pure roller coaster simulator and is closer to a "prosumer" program then a game.

y'know i should try getting back into cities but in the free play mode

i stopped because i was too bad at managing traffic and i would grow my city faster than i knew how to deal with it. I'd be super down for season DLC, would love to look at my city in the winter and have to deal with increased power consumption due to AC in the summer or something.

City building games are too stressful for me. Everything is going fine but suddenly everything is on fire and oh my god it won't stop spreading.

daydream

Banned
now we just need someone to fill the hole left by the closing of impressions games and a new sim golf

this reminds me, i wonder what the final verdict on that new zoo tycoon was. it's pretty cheap now, i'd definitely give it a shot if i had an xb1

zoo FAME

Anyone have the link to Scoops at the Rock Band event handy?

https://youtu.be/3oinMU3iPxQ?t=61

now we just need someone to fill the hole left by the closing of impressions games and a new sim golf

this reminds me, i wonder what the final verdict on that new zoo tycoon was. it's pretty cheap now, i'd definitely give it a shot if i had an xb1

zoo FAME

I was going to get it but the building limit kinda killed any interest I had.

Megasoum

Banned
Whoever it was in this thread that was selling me on the Moto X battery life the other day... Holy shit you weren't kidding...

The last time I charged the phone was on Friday night. It didn't get super heavy use but it was still my primary phone (and I listened to a lot of music on it) throughout the whole week-end and right now (10pm on Sunday) it's sitting at 40% battery haha...

In comparison, I had to charge my old iPhone 5c twice since friday and I basically only use it to check my work emails a couple of times every day.

daydream

Banned
I was going to get it but the building limit kinda killed any interest I had.

yeah, it seemed extremely streamlined for consoles but i'm not necessarily opposed to that (see civ: rev)

Whoever it was in this thread that was selling me on the Moto X battery life the other day... Holy shit you weren't kidding...

The last time I charged the phone was on Friday night. It didn't get super heavy use but it was still my primary phone (and I listened to a lot of music on it) throughout the whole week-end and right now (10pm on Sunday) it's sitting at 40% battery haha...

In comparison, I had to charge my old iPhone 5c twice since friday and I basically only use it to check my work emails a couple of times every day.

which model did you pick up again, regular moto x or play? i'll probably seal the deal myself in a couple of days

Megasoum

Banned
yeah, it seemed extremely streamlined for consoles but i'm not necessarily opposed to that (see civ: rev)

which model did you pick up again, regular moto x or play? i'll probably seal the deal myself in a couple of days

Moto X Play 16gb. They only had that one but I think it comes in 32 also? Anyway bought a 20$ 32gb MicroSD and I'm golden. It was so tight on my 5c with only 16gb, I had to delete music to get enough room for the bombcast sometimes lol. Now I just put my whole music library on the SD Card and there's still plenty of space.

It's my first Android phone so I'm not necessarly the best hardware critic. So far it looks like it's a great phone.

There's only 2 things about the phone itself that I don't really like.

1-The side buttons (volume and power) are a bit flimsy. Like it looks like they are just a tad too small for the holes in the casing so they move around when you brush your fingers over them­. Really not a big deal but it feels cheap (but then again... I got the phone for free on contract so it's hard to complain lol).
2-The headphone jack at the top of the phone is just terrible design. I really don't see any real life scenario where this is better than having it at the bottom of the phone. Again, not a big deal but it's annoying. Especially since there's no physical buttons on the front (like most Android phones) I always end up pulling it out of my pockets upside down lol.

Well, I don't want to spoil you since you haven't watched it, but something happens that's partially out of their control (it may have been caused by them) that causes a delay. You may have seen the pictures on Twitter.

You can't spoil stuff you couldn't see
all the good moments were missed because they didn't cut away from the gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom