• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

Home sick today, maybe I should rewatch a couple of Random PC Games?
Sounds like the best possible cure
The game also needs to be bought from that account you buy the dlc from i believe. What i meant is i play said game on my main after ii installed everything. Never tried to combine a game from a different region with dlc bought from another.
Aaaah gotcha, sorry, it's been a long day

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
One of my favourite rpcgs is the ripper. So many great moments, perhaps the best of which being the bartender who can't pour a fucking beer to save his life and chad kroeger's look of mild disbelief/trying not to laugh at said beer pouring.

The phantasmagoria endurance run was great too, as was the attempted endurance run of blade runner that was scuppered by the save file loss. They need to finish that game. I would trade half a year of demo derbys for beast to do a playthrough of that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah.

I would trade literally any feature for more demo derby.

Demo Derby is such a surprisingly amazing feature for something that seemed so limited in scope.

demo discs were a big deal for me for a really long time (pre-broadband anyway) so it's just the best kind of nostalgia for me.

I need a new episode

Bladelaw

I just became a premium member thanks to the $35 sale they're running. I can confirm Myggen's guide to quality content is awesome. I had trouble finding Mario Party Party on the site but the links here were spot on so thanks for that too.

I tend to put GB content on as background noise while I'm doing something not terribly taxing (playing Destiny, Marvel Heroes, or other grindy non-story focused game). Is MG: Scanlon something that can be listened to as background or is there anything can't miss in the videos?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Nah.

I would trade literally any feature for more demo derby.

Demo Derby is such a surprisingly amazing feature for something that seemed so limited in scope.

I like demo derby a lot

I just really want to see more blade runner. Maybe the moment's gone

I just became a premium member thanks to the $35 sale they're running. I can confirm Myggen's guide to quality content is awesome. I had trouble finding Mario Party Party on the site but the links here were spot on so thanks for that too.

I tend to put GB content on as background noise while I'm doing something not terribly taxing (playing Destiny, Marvel Heroes, or other grindy non-story focused game). Is MG: Scanlon something that can be listened to as background or is there anything can't miss in the videos?

MGS is fun to see because of how Drew plays the games. If you don't care for that it might not be a great background watch(Unless you've never played MGS and want to hear the story)

Myggen

I think MGScanlon can be put in the background. Also, welcome to the Premium club!

Bladelaw

MGS is fun to see because of how Drew plays the games. If you don't care for that it might not be a great background watch(Unless you've never played MGS and want to hear the story)

I've played MGS 1, 2, and 4. Watched a let's play of 3 so I know the story, just curious if most of the content is Drew and Dan talking to each other and watching the cutscenes or Drew quietly playing.

The former is what I'm expecting with bits of the latter as Drew tries to figure something out. I can work with that as background.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Besides, you always know that shit is going down when either Dan burst into fits of laughter or if drew keeps yelling "Oh come on!".

Man, this Nvidia business is messed up. Starting to really regret getting a 970. I don't know if you guys remember, but when DX12 benchmarks were run, AMD cards got a massive boost, but Nvidia cards actually had a performance downgrades. Nvidia fired at the dev/company doing the benchmarks saying something like they weren't representative, blah blah blah.

Turns out, Nvidia was full of shit, and it's down to their cards architecture. Turns out their cards can't even utilize one of DX12's main features very well at all. So until they come out with new cards, NVidia owners seem like they're stuck with cards that aren't going to be doing their best on DX12.

One of my favourite rpcgs is the ripper. So many great moments, perhaps the best of which being the bartender who can't pour a fucking beer to save his life and chad kroeger's look of mild disbelief/trying not to laugh at said beer pouring.

The phantasmagoria endurance run was great too, as was the attempted endurance run of blade runner that was scuppered by the save file loss. They need to finish that game. I would trade half a year of demo derbys for beast to do a playthrough of that.

As much as I'd like to see them finish Blade Runner, it wouldn't be the same without Dave there.

MGS should be fine to watch in the background, it's primarily how I watched it.

The production this year was worse than before. Didn't even see any of the shenanigans that happened during the Rumble.

In previous years I feel like it was mainly a lot of issues with audio being all over the place but this year it was pretty much a shit show all around, and not in an entertaining way.

bigkrev

So, are they in the office today? I know Dan is staying for the final day of PAX (He's on an anxiety panel), so I really hope they don't record the Bombcast till tomorrow, because what is the point of hiring Dan if you aren't going to have him on for Metal Gear release day?

Robin Ross, who appeared in one video with Alex and Vinny, and knows nothing about games, is leaving TV Guide. The podcast dream is dead! :/

DamnBoxes

I have to say, I think this rumble was a work. I don't think that final match was real, it just seemed heavily scripted now that I've seen the replay.

It's still real to me damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64qHyjz.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I have to say, I think this rumble was a work. I don't think that final match was real, it just seemed heavily scripted now that I've seen the replay.

There was something suspicious about the Austin Creed interference too. How exactly did Dan getting distracted lead to his character standing on the apron, hmmm?

We're about to blow open this whole amateur pro wrestling thing.

So, are they in the office today? I know Dan is staying for the final day of PAX (He's on an anxiety panel), so I really hope they don't record the Bombcast till tomorrow, because what is the point of hiring Dan if you aren't going to have him on for Metal Gear release day?
Considering how little time he'll have had with the game, if any, it might not be the biggest loss until all of them get some time with the game.

I'm surprised they are bothering with a MGSV review when Bloodborne and Witcher 3 didn't get reviewed.

I get that they're good games and I get that they seemed to like them but thinking that either of those series mean even a fraction of what Metal Gear means to basically any member of the staff is silly

I get that they're good games and I get that they seemed to like them but thinking that either of those series mean even a fraction of what Metal Gear means to basically any member of the staff is silly

Yup. I dont think anyone finished witcher 3, and only Brad/Dan finished Bloodborne. I always found it funny they reviewed Captain Toads game and not Bloodborne. Wonder how they decide what to review...?

I always found it funny they reviewed Captain Toads game and not Bloodborne. Wonder how they decide what to review...?

For that specific case it's because you can finish like four Captain Toads in the time it takes you to finish Bloodborne. Dan could pump out a Captain Toad review in like 3-4 days.

For that specific case it's because you can finish like four Captain Toads in the time it takes you to finish Bloodborne. Dan could pump out a Captain Toad review in like 3-4 days.

I imagine length is the deciding factor then? By the time Dan/Brad were done with BB there was no point in reviewing it.

Yup. I dont think anyone finished witcher 3, and only Brad/Dan finished Bloodborne. I always found it funny they reviewed Captain Toads game and not Bloodborne. Wonder how they decide what to review...?

In general quick looks have just taken over for reviews, since there much easier to do and I don't think they often feel they're worth the effort it takes on behalf of one of the crew members. It seems to me, that reviews in that last couple of years have been mostly based on 2 things:

1. Somebody actually wants to it.
2. It's possible to finished a game and write a review within a reasonable time frame of release.

A review only really makes sense if both of these are present (meaning long games are generally out) and since GB don't really go to reviewer events or get very early review copies like some other sites, I can see why thry just don't write a lot of reviews anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom