• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised none of these Toys to Life games have tried a subscription model. Something like Loot Crate where you pay something like $15 a month and get a few new toys each month for the respective game.

Neat idea, but the random roll of such subscriptions would put me away from it since I want to get the models I care about.

Also the market for second-hand loot crate goods is insanely huge so I'd get what I want anyway off of ebay.

a66be535952b84fd6a09eaeae84060d2.png

Xater

I honestly get how it happened.
It is an incredibly stupid, but supremely human, error

I don't know. If you have played the game you should know. Also you are at a fair where the name of what you are playing is plastered all over as well. It's very hard for me to comprehend how such a thing can happen.

What's this VG247 thing?

VG247 person goes to TGS, plays Uncharted 2 on the UC Collection, sees a PS4 and is at TGS and surrounded by Japanese writing, so assumes it's Uncharted 4, writes a preview of "Uncharted 4" that's all "this is oddly familiar to an Uncharted veteran like me, and it doesn't look that amazing," somehow nobody notices for three weeks that a single site managed to get an exclusive U4 hands-on. The first time 99% of people heard about it was an apology that they put up yesterday.

Sylas

They wrote a critical article about what they played of Uncharted 4.
Turns out...they actually played remastered Uncharted 2.

The apology: http://www.vg247.com/2015/10/14/letter-from-the-editor-an-apology-to-naughty-dog-and-uncharted-fans/

VG247 person goes to TGS, plays Uncharted 2 on the UC Collection, sees a PS4 and is at TGS and surrounded by Japanese writing, so assumes it's Uncharted 4, writes a preview of "Uncharted 4" that's all "this is oddly familiar to an Uncharted veteran like me, and it doesn't look that amazing," somehow nobody notices for three weeks that a single site managed to get an exclusive U4 hands-on. The first time 99% of people heard about it was an apology that they put up yesterday.

Holy shit. That's, uh. That's incredible. Kinda at a loss for words at how big of a fuck up that is.

killroy87

Somewhere in here, knowing that absolutely no one (even the staff) noticed, there's a commentary to be made on how meaningless traditional website previews have become.

BearPawB

Banned
I think lego dimensions is really cool and makes me wish i had children. Well not yet. But i can't wait to see where toys to life is in 10 years

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think lego dimensions is really cool and makes me wish i had children. Well not yet. But i can't wait to see where toys to life is in 10 years

Eh, I feel like it's the same as old LEGO games, there's just more franchises in one now and they segmented it over hundreds of dollars of toys instead of one purchase, without it actually being significantly more content. I'm staying far away.

But I've always found the LEGO games aggressively boring anyway so no loss.

BearPawB

Banned
That is the reason i can't get too up in arms about this vg247 thing. It isn't like it is a site i have ever heard of someone actually going to.

Everyone says "lolz games journalism" but like, it is a site no one cares about for a reason. It would be another thing if IGN made this sort of fuck up

Eh, I feel like it's the same as old LEGO games, there's just more franchises in one now and they segmented it over hundreds of dollars of toys instead of one purchase, without it actually being significantly more content. I'm staying far away.

But i like that you can actually do something with the toys. You can create them. You can take them and play with them.
Skylanders are just figurines. At least the legos are still legos.

And legos WITHOUT a video game component are super expensive too.

killroy87

That is the reason i can't get too up in arms about this vg247 thing. It isn't like it is a site i have ever heard of someone actually going to.

Everyone says "lolz games journalism" but like, it is a site no one cares about for a reason. It would be another thing if IGN made this sort of fuck up

VG24/7 might not be IGN/Gamespot/Kotaku, but it sure as shit isn't in the lower tier of games websites. It's definitely been around, and is much more than a little blog.

but that's gotta be less than 30% his likeness right?

also how the hell do you replay something like UC2 and not notice it? It's not like it's some sort of obscure PS1 game from 20 years ago. It's a GOTY from the previous generation.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait until the lawsuit where the plaintiff, Mr Gerstmann, alleges that the accused, 2K, has co-opted the likeness of Dr Tracksuit, an intellectual property of Mr Gerstmann, in promotional materials of its video game, WWE 2k16

I can't wait until the lawsuit where the plaintiff, Mr Gerstmann, alleges that the accused, 2K, has co-opted the likeness of Dr Tracksuit, an intellectual property of Mr Gerstmann, in promotional materials of its video game, WWE 2k16

Kayfabe is dead again

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It sure would be funny if jeff was legitimately angry about it, and then it turned out it was dan's idea that he pitched to his roommate

Wait that wouldn't be funny

This could be the end of giant bomb as we know it.

Jeff always describes the wrestling game he actually wants, which seems to be a Pro Wrestling management sim, and I can't believe that no one has created it yet. Manage talent and create story lines and what not, instead of having it play like a weird fighting game. Management sims can actually be quite popular.

Jeff always describes the wrestling game he actually wants, which seems to be a Pro Wrestling management sim, and I can't believe that no one has created it yet. Manage talent and create story lines and what not, instead of having it play like a weird fighting game. Management sims can actually be quite popular.

I agree. 2K should really just expand on their story/character creators and make it one huge fleshed out system and cut out all the terrible fighting mechanics.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

There are pro wrestling management sims out there, but Jeff has also said that's not what he wants. What he wants is some vaguely cooperative spectacle fighter where the people fighting are actually working together which (by his own admittance) would probably make for a terrible game.

What Jeff wants is complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom