• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Lego Dimensions just feels like the worst parts of legos (licensing, making stuff that isn't from your own imagination) slammed into the worst parts of 3d platformers (collecting a bunch of things, super linear level design) and really bums me out.

It's like the anti-Nuts&Bolts.

Brashnir

Jeff always describes the wrestling game he actually wants, which seems to be a Pro Wrestling management sim, and I can't believe that no one has created it yet. Manage talent and create story lines and what not, instead of having it play like a weird fighting game. Management sims can actually be quite popular.

I'd buy Wrestling Tycoon.

Jeff is the only reason I know it's coming out next week.
Before Unity I had finished all the console AC games, now I really don't care for the franchise.
Haven't heard the Bombcast yet, but wow. I had no idea ACS was releasing this month. What happened?

I'm turning in my gamer cred.

Heimbeck

Banned
Haven't heard the Bombcast yet, but wow. I had no idea ACS was releasing this month. What happened?

I'm turning in my gamer cred.

They seem to be doing a very bad job of letting people know the game is out soon.
I haven't actually heard or seen anything about it since E3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan only half-backing down about his AC statement was great. "Okay, in my subjective opinion, they suck"

That's right. A giant pile of expensive garbage is still garbage.

tumblr_nw7tr9u62g1rys6fno1_r2_540.gif

HOLY SHIT lmao!!! There's even an M.D. on the track jacket, wow that's insane.

No one can blame you because who gives a shit about Assassin's Creed after that disaster last year.

i feel that even if it had been good, the series is suffering some major fatigue issues. They need to come up with new IPs for this gen because they can't keep pushing the same exhausted bullshit from last gen and hope that it sells. COD and AC might still push copies but nowhere near what they have in the past.

I imagine that BLOPS3 will do okay since it's practically a series on its own but I really look forward to seeing what Activision comes up with next year. It's Infinity Ward's turn and aint nobody looking forward to Ghosts 2.

louiedog

Man, Lego Dimensions just feels like the worst parts of legos (licensing, making stuff that isn't from your own imagination) slammed into the worst parts of 3d platformers (collecting a bunch of things, super linear level design) and really bums me out.

It's like the anti-Nuts&Bolts.

I'm like half-way through the quick look and so far it just looks like the Lego Movie Game but much, much more expensive.

Xater

No one can blame you because who gives a shit about Assassin's Creed after that disaster last year.

And some people have been over it even before that. It's just serious fatigue kicking in at least from gamers. I am sure it will still sell a couple millions to the larger market.

demidar

i feel that even if it had been good, the series is suffering some major fatigue issues. They need to come up with new IPs for this gen because they can't keep pushing the same exhausted bullshit from last gen and hope that it sells. COD and AC might still push copies but nowhere near what they have in the past.

I imagine that BLOPS3 will do okay since it's practically a series on its own but I really look forward to seeing what Activision comes up with next year. It's Infinity Ward's turn and aint nobody looking forward to Ghosts 2.

I would be totally down with a full-fledged, stand-alone COD Zombies game.

BearPawB

Banned
The Desmond stuff was stupid. But it gave me a reason to go through those games.
I even really liked Revelations.

As soon as those games lost that aspect. As soon as I realized Assassins Creed 3 wasn't going to be a Desmond modern day awesome game, I lost interest. I realize Watch Dogs was a disaster, but had it been desmond vs modern day templars, i might have played it more than 2 hours.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What's this live show coming up in an hour? I hope it's the result of that poll Vinny did on the forums!

kAmui-

I skipped Unity so I kinda could go for a new Assassin's Creed game. Then again Fallout 4 is coming soon...

The Desmond stuff was stupid. But it gave me a reason to go through those games.

As soon as those games lost that aspect. As soon as I realized Assassins Creed 3 wasn't going to be a Desmond modern day awesome game, I lost interest. I realize Watch Dogs was a disaster, but had it been desmond vs modern day templars, i might have played it more than 2 hours.

This is also one of the reasons I haven't been as excited about the AC games. Although I really liked Black Flag.

Xater

Same. The zombies mode is probably what interests me the most in Black Ops 3 but that is probably not enough to justify a purchase. The campaign so far looked boring and the MP beta bored me after 30 minutes.

demidar

Same with me. As dumb as it was, I wanted to see the arc come to a close with Desmond, and I even liked the dumb conspiracy stuff. Now that it's been seemingly dialed back I don't really care about the series anymore as all it has left is its braindead combat and traversal.

Same. The zombies mode is probably what interests me the most in Black Ops 3 but that is probably not enough to justify a purchase. The campaign so far looked boring and the MP beta bored me after 30 minutes.

I'd like them to take it to "the next level" complete with an open world with base management and zombie horde simulation aspects, but that's a far cry from what is ostensibly an arcade sideshow (though it is still more appealing to me than both the campaign and the MP).

Yeah, the complete abandonment of the Desmond stuff, after all that obvious build up to a modern-day game, was such a complete mishandling of the situation. The future/past dynamic was to me such a crucial part of what made the series unique, and they've sort of just thrown it all away in awful mismanagement of the storyline.

i wish they would just spin that off already because i cant stand that mode. They tend to put one zombie map into every bit of dlc too so i never pick it up because i dont want to pay for shit i wont play.

to each their own but forcing people to pay for zombie maps when they dont want them is fucked. So i just never buy them. yet they never learn

Splatoon and Crypt of the Necrodancer.
Wow, I honestly can't think of much else, the FF14 Heavensward soundtrack was good but that's all that comes to mind. Hopefully there's some good stuff in these last few months.

I won't be surprised if BLOPS3 sells better than the last two, but the series as a whole is definitely down in sales and will probably continue to go down with occasional spikes from Treyarch games.

daydream

Banned
What's this live show coming up in an hour? I hope it's the result of that poll Vinny did on the forums!

my guess is it's gonna be an austin thing but we'll see

years of gb taking forever to decide on a game for a premium feature make me sceptical that it's 'the new thing' but who knows, maybe beast is quicker on the draw

kAmui-

Same with me. As dumb as it was, I wanted to see the arc come to a close with Desmond, and I even liked the dumb conspiracy stuff. Now that it's been seemingly dialed back I don't really care about the series anymore as all it has left is its braindead combat and traversal.

At this point many games have done this stuff so much better that it just isn't enough to play a AC game for combat and traversal. It used to be so much fun to run around the large cities, climb the roof tops and beat people up.

my guess is it's gonna be an austin thing but we'll see

years of gb taking forever to decide on a game for a premium feature make me sceptical that it's 'the new thing' but who knows, maybe beast is quicker on the draw
They were real quick with Blight Club, they did an episode alongside it's announcement.

Then it died

BearPawB

Banned
Was wondering if it could be a Japan travelogue thing with Alex, regarding Japan.
But the wizard photo makes me think otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom