• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Killer7? Listen guys, I like seeing them suffer as much as the next guy, but after Castlevania 3 I thought we'd recommend a good game for Vinny to play, y'know?

Wow, I honestly can't think of much else, the FF14 Heavensward soundtrack was good but that's all that comes to mind. Hopefully there's some good stuff in these last few months.

I won't be surprised if BLOPS3 sells better than the last two, but the series as a whole is definitely down in sales and will probably continue to go down with occasional spikes from Treyarch games.

There is no telling who wins SOTY there. Its literally up for grabs for the one person willing to fight for one (ala Luftrausers last year). And Dan dont count. :p

There is no telling who wins SOTY there. Its literally up for grabs for the one person willing to fight for one (ala Luftrausers last year). And Dan dont count. :p
Hopefully Austin decides to be the main person rooting for Undertale as SOTY and not Dan, I would like for it to actually win.
Oh, duh, the Transformers Devastation soundtrack is pretty rad.
Ehhhhh, it's ok I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even with tempered expectations going in, after the last podcast, there is no way Tony Hawk doesn't win biggest disappointment. Even though the hopes were never too high, Robomodo's lows were so spectacularly low that they compensate for it.

They should probably play the first 6 killer games before playing 7.

2665537-jeff+laughed.gif

Quentyn

Even with tempered expectations going in, after the last podcast, there is no way Tony Hawk doesn't win biggest disappointment. Even though the hopes were never too high, Robomodo's lows were so spectacularly low that they compensate for it.

I think it has a legitimate chance of winning both worst game and biggest disappointment. I don't think that has ever happened before.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they do Age of Decadence or that new Heroes of Might and Magic game. I need a laid back game so Vinny can do Vinny things as much as possible.

I think it has a legitimate chance of winning both worst game and biggest disappointment. I don't think that has ever happened before.

to give you an idea of how bad 2014 was, Destiny almost made both the top 10 list and Most Disappointing Game of the Year.

fuck 2014. Except for Shovel Knight, though, that shit was raw

Did we ever find out what the Midway Arcade stuff in Lego Dimensions was?

it's literally in the quick look: GAMER KID with Spy Hunter vehicles and a transforming Defender cabinet

oh and something which could just be from the Chima or Ninjago stuff but sure LOOKED like the arena stage from Mortal Kombat 9

It's really a shame that we'll likely never get a sequel to Lego City Undercover, because every other Lego game seems really, really repetitive, while LCU is still my favorite Wii U game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
to give you an idea of how bad 2014 was, Destiny almost made both the top 10 list and Most Disappointing Game of the Year.

Have you played that new Shovel Knight update? Shit is awesome. Flying around everywhere throwing bombs. So good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
All of Konami's FOB fuckery is going to rob MGSV of its rightful number 1 spot, I can just feel it. The purity of Mario Maker will win over Konami's bullshit.

All of Konami's FOB fuckery is going to rob MGSV of its rightful number 1 spot, I can just feel it. The purity of Mario Maker will win over Konami's bullshit.

Yep, combined with the success of the Mario Maker chat stuff and the Dan v. Patrick storyline, I'd be pretty surprised if anything knocked out Mario Maker as #1.

Have you played that new Shovel Knight update? Shit is awesome. Flying around everywhere throwing bombs. So good.

nope, but not because i dont wish to. Just rather finish other games before i play DLC for something i feel like i finished already.

Whatever, MGSV maybe deserves #1 and Most Disappointing this year.

Yep, combined with the success of the Mario Maker chat stuff and the Dan v. Patrick storyline, I'd be pretty surprised if anything knocked out Mario Maker as #1.

While i have enjoyed MGSV more than MM i wouldn't mind if either took it. Both are stellar games, both have my double thumbs up.

Feel bad for anyone playing MGSV on consoles with that shit. Cheat Engine is the purest fuck you to Konami for their horrible FOB shenanigans.

Heimbeck

Banned

Honestly, Giant Bomb is the last place I would go to hear there opinions on whether I should buy a game or not.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
nope, but not because i dont wish to. Just rather finish other games before i play DLC for something i feel like i finished already.

I just want to encourage you to go back. It isn't just Plague Knight copy-pasted onto the original campaign. Almost everything outside of the levels is new. New towns, new upgrades, etc. It really feels fresh. One of the best updates to a game ever IMO.

Heimbeck

Banned
Ironically, GB is pretty much the only place where I go to hear those opinions.

I always like hearing there opinions on a game, but I never use it to decide if I should buy a game or not.
The quicklooks are more useful because I can see the game and hear one of them explaining what it's about.

justjim89

Guys, I went ahead and bit the bullet for all of us and I can confirm Deus Ex is still an incredible game.

Revision is familiar but weird, wearing socks bottom-side up. Also it's dark as fuck. Had to really bump up the brightness.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Stream is up

I spoke too soon. It's replaced the last stream, but it's not streaming yet. Chat's not up

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, SPliter Cell Chaos Theory is super cheap on steam today, worthwhile to buy for 2.49?

Dunno how it holds up, but I was eyeing Blacklist, which is 5 bucks, and which I enjoyed a lot on 360 when it came out. I'd recommend that one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom