• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oh, I love the game but it's not great to watch. Episode 1 especially. Nothing happens in EP1. And also I already know it.

I wouldn't say nothing happens but it's definitely mostly a lot of exposition and setup. Also, there's basically constant voiceover which isn't really ideal to talk over.

I like that they're exploring stuff form this year they missed though. kinda feels like most of the Giant Bomb guys finished like 4 games this year.

Just FYI for you guys who haven't played it, 1 is pretty slow compared to how the rest of the game gets going. Basically it's all set up and terrible, terrible lingo that no one in their right mind uses. Like saying that "Final Fantasy Spirits Within is one of the best sci-fi films ever made."

Yeah that's hella ridiculous

Myggen

Just FYI for you guys who haven't played it, 1 is pretty slow compared to how the rest of the game gets going. Basically it's all set up and terrible, terrible lingo that no one in their right mind uses. Like saying that "Final Fantasy Spirits Within is one of the best sci-fi films ever made."

I loved the QL for that game because of Jeff's reaction to all that stuff.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I've been using "Go fuck your selfie" ever since, so you are W-R-O-N-G

Heimbeck

Banned

I think episode 1 is still great.
I would agree it is the weakest of them all (so far) but it's still a great episode.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Why is Austin pushing the whole Free aspect so hard?

Because the next game they'll play will be Freespace. that's why he left a space after free.

I think episode 1 is still great.
I would agree it is the weakest of them all (so far) but it's still a great episode.

It's the pilot episode, where all the exposition has to happen. That's why only playing EP1 is just not a great choice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is GBEast's new thing going to be full playthroughs on games that make their money off narrative?

zWVbK.gif

neshcom

Banned
Is GBEast's new thing going to be full playthroughs on games that make their money off narrative?

zWVbK.gif

Well, the finale episode is coming out in a week. If anything, Life is Strange is too long to kill in a couple of streams and there's still unreleased story. I do think it really made me decide not to buy Contradiction.

daydream

Banned
It's not though, cause if you ever play it you will know everything about EP1 and it'll be a slog.
Anyway, this is a good way to play Undertale. LiS on one side, Undertale on the other.

eh i don't really care, if it's good, i'll have a fun time replaying it

and i'd probaby go for different choices, anyway

It's been like 9 months.

some people wait till the entire game is all out before playing it. So depending on how you play your games, it's still not fully out yet.

They also played through Until Dawn and Contradiction, which were fresh releases on their platforms. I'm not saying that i dislike this because of it might hurt sales or something, i dislike it because i haven't played them yet and want to so i wont watch these features. meh

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I could frame any one of you in a dark corner

So don't cross me motherfuckers

Nugg

zWVbK.gif

A GBE playthrough of a game with multiple choices and branching is pretty great, and won't spoil anyone's playthrough. Until Dawn was perfect for this, and so is Life is Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom