• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really see the relevance of people showing up with signs at WWE, or doing WWE content on the site. It's still his likeness, which might be covered in some way by his contract with CBSi, being used by a major company in one of their ads. I can understand him at least wanting to get asked before they do something like that.

Yeah it's really at the very least common courtesy to ask someone something like that, in addition to possible being grounds for legal action. I wouldn't advocate legal action in this case but it's kind of poor form. I can totally understand Jeff being peeved that they did this because the optics of it are pretty bad. Jeff's "character" appearing in a game's marketing materials? That's kind of unfortunate. I'm always wary of press outlets that have their branding or image appearing in games. It's just skeezy.

FStop7

Banned
not sure this trend of playing recently released adventure games that I haven't had a chance to play is what i want from my live streams.

I think it's fine, or at least I appreciate them trying new things. UPF is pretty much dead on its feet. Ranking of Fighters and Old Games Show don't seem to have gotten traction.

JonCha

I think it's fine, or at least I appreciate them trying new things. UPF is pretty much dead on its feet. Ranking of Fighters and Old Games Show don't seem to have gotten traction.

Without Mario Maker recently UPF would've been really boring. There are so many episodes where I don't find what they are showing entertaining at all.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think kate does drugs

Report her to the principal too, nark

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I am only now realizing this game has Twin Peaks stuff, and am suddenly compelled to play it.

There are very overt Twin Peaks references in this game. The setting is definitely inspired by it.

I really like the atmosphere in this game. It feels kinda cozy.

Atmosphere and setting are the game's strongest suits. There's an attention to detail and little environmental touches that give the environments a sense of verisimilitude I haven't experienced since Shenmue 1 back in the day. Just a sense of everyday normality that's so rare in games.

Yeah it's really at the very least common courtesy to ask someone something like that, in addition to possible being grounds for legal action. I wouldn't advocate legal action in this case but it's kind of poor form. I can totally understand Jeff being peeved that they did this because the optics of it are pretty bad. Jeff's "character" appearing in a game's marketing materials? That's kind of unfortunate. I'm always wary of press outlets that have their branding or image appearing in games. It's just skeezy.

Huh, I thought this whole time it was just some dumb thing that a fan made. If its used in the game's marketing promotion without Jeff's permission, then yeah I can see how that's kind of gross.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Huh, I thought this whole time it was just some dumb thing that a fan made. If its used in the game's marketing promotion without Jeff's permission, then yeah I can see how that's kind of gross.

No, that was the new trailer for the character creator.

I'd actually like to know more about this, as unlikely as it is that we will. It's most likely that it was a fan of the site or somebody who knows Jeff and put it in there because they thought it would be funny. But that person would also have to know that Jeff hates this series. And probably know that he isn't altogether fond of WWE right now. And it just seems like the sort of thing he'd turn down even if he was asked and even if it was a series he likes. Not like I expect an expose on the great WWE trailer scandal of 2015, it'd just be fun to ask the person responsible what they were thinking.

And there's the smallest of chances that this was done by somebody out of spite because he's been so vocally negative about the franchise. Or that it's Dan Ryckert's fault, which would increase the chances of the whole spite thing by about 10000%.

Well I'm glad they finally checked out LiS, of course I hope they play more of it but I would also love to see Phantasmagoria 2 as well.

ArjanN

YES VINNY.....I LVOE VINNY PLAYING

Honestly I'm finding it a bit annoying, trying offbeat stuff and and actively working against the game works in something like Sleeping Dogs, but in a story/atmospheric based game it kind of just detracts from it.

so you just wanna go through all the options with every decision, anyway?

that's weird

Not really. I think these types of game work better if you just stick with your decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom