• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

If they continue to play this game I think the title of the video series should be "Vinny Gets Some Strange". You can have that one for free GBeast.

If they continue to play this game I think the title of the video series should be "Vinny Gets Some Strange". You can have that one for free GBeast.

I want Life is Strange to be in a Humble Bundle so they can advertise it as "a lil' Life is Strange for a piece of change"

That's like their one saving grace. And maybe Phil Kollar for old times sake.

he sucked the life out of every episode of Replay he was in

Anjin M

Whoa, he was on Game Informer? I only went back to their stuff when I found Dan so great. I was talking about the 1UP days when Phil was a relative newbie and hosted Rebel FM with Nick Suttner.

I went back to listen to the first Rebel FM and was shocked to hear Phil hosting. I knew that someone different had hosted the show at first, but I didn't realize it was him.

it's really cool how the two indisputable Game of the Year candidates for this year are also the two games Giant Bomb are most likely to land on

no strife from me, Mario Maker and Metal Gear are incredible

neshcom

Banned
Watching Jeff trying to break open the cracked wall during the lego dimensions quick look was like watching game grumps ._.

Lego games are obtuse like that, though. It was saying how to take down a cracked wall, but that was a cracked floor (in the promo videos they looked at, you see cracked walls glow red), so the game is telling you either a) the wrong thing or b) not explaining an intricacy of the Super Strength trait for Homer. You'd think this was Tt's first video game ever, but this is so commonplace for LEGO games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ive never played a lego game. But i've always loved legos and the lego movie was great. I'm honestly tempted to get this ish.
Just play one of the 900 Lego games. They're all the same, plus they're all probably about 5 bucks by now.

The only issue I have with Lego Dimensions is that they turned, what would be a simple button press into Go to the store, buy a dumb lego pack for a couple characters for $30, come back home, build it, and then put it on a portal, then pause the game, move the character to another part of the portal, then press a button, pause the game, then move the character off where you just put it and put it back into the original space.... I'm sorry but that totally isn't fun at all and way more tedious and time consuming than it needs to be. I'd probably play the game to see the Portal/Simpsons/Scooby-Doo/Back To The Future/Ghostbusters stuff. But it isn't worth the amount they are trying to sell it for when its basically the same as every other Lego game before it with just different IPs intertwined.

Alex and Austin letting Vinny control LiS...

1SdePSU.gif

Bacon

Just play one of the 900 Lego games. They're all the same, plus they're all probably about 5 bucks by now.

So true. Just find the brand you're invested in and grab that one. They're not crazy deep or anything but they can be pretty charming

This will be another GBeast series I can't watch.

I only started Until Dawn tonight and knew I didn't want spoilers and I will definitely be checking out Life Is Strange too.

danm999

Life is Strange spoilers -
WOW that line in the beginning by the teacher, that's some fucking foreshadowing.

There were some YouTube theory videos put together that Jefferson was a super creepazoid who was only at Arcadia Bay so he could practice his fucked up art that were basically dead on the money. I also like how Max sees a bunch of stuff Nathan has throughout the game and is like "wow this is so, so good but super creepy how did he do this?" not realizing its Jefferson's stuff he's sharing with Nathan.

There were some YouTube theory videos put together that Jefferson was a super creepazoid who was only at Arcadia Bay so he could practice his fucked up art that were basically dead on the money. I also like how Max sees a bunch of stuff Nathan has throughout the game and is like "wow this is so, so good but super creepy how did he do this?" not realizing its Jefferson's stuff he's sharing with Nathan.

LiS Spoilers
If I had probably thought more about it, Jefferson being the super creep kidnapping murdering the girls wouldn't have seemed too out there, but the game did a pretty great job of swerving me into not thinking too deeply about it. That episode 4 ending was too insane.

That's enough spoilers out of me though. Don't wanna fill the page with black bars lol.

tchocky

LiS Spoilers
If I had probably thought more about it, Jefferson being the super creep kidnapping murdering the girls wouldn't have seemed too out there, but the game did a pretty great job of swerving me into not thinking too deeply about it. That episode 4 ending was too insane.

Lis Spoilers
Just as you are leaving the party and he stops you I guessed he was with Nathan, but I had no suspicion of him before that

I'm sure Jeff wouldn't have given a shit if it wasn't a franchise he has routinely shit on year after year

Kind of not OK with someone using something similar to my likeness to promote a franchise that has been so terrible for so long.

Yeah, between this and one other time he mentioned something like this, it seems to be how shitty these games are that might bother him the most. It's definitely bad that they didn't ask him, but the vibe I get is that the crappiness of the series is the bigger sticking point.

I empathize with the guy who thought this would be a fun, cool easter egg. Not to say I blame Jeff for his reaction, he's justified in all of that. Just kind of a bummer all around.

Edit: Realized that the developer/journalist relationship makes this a little weirder. (After reading the post of Jeevesmeister).

Given the awkwardness on twitter since the trailer and initial reaction I wonder if something else is going on. Maybe a CBS manager yelled at them.

Anyway clearly someone at 2k was just trying to have fun and didn't think it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom