• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

fAkyKSH.png

1016.gif

Ketch

Mario Maker is cool....but i struggled to find half the enjoyment that Jeff Dan and Patrick have found playing it.

They are in the perfect environment.

My experience is you make levels that almost no one plays
You don't get to see people play your levels when they do.
Almost all the levels you can play are complete shit (either way too hard or way to easy).

I don't know. I can appreciate the quality of the product, and i think patrick dan and jeff are having a GOTY time with it. But no way it would even make my list.

I agree with this 100%. Work around a I've found is the featured list in the course world section. Also finding top creators you like and looking at stuff they've started also liking at the course created by and starred by people who star your levels.

The worst thing about the game is the 100 Mario challenge. I've done probably a dozen or so and have yet to see a single good level in there.

Zornack

Has anything been said about whether GBeast will be continuing their LiS playthrough?

Outside of them saying they'll post another thread next week to see what the community wants I don't think so, but the first episode was received well and it won last time so I don't see why it wouldn't win again.

TraBuch

Banned
As much as I try to convince myself achievements/trophies are pointless and don't mean anything and I don't care, I think a game like Mario Maker could really use them when you're not an internet celebrity. I feel like I'd play the game a lot more if I had something to play for. As it is, it's just a series of overly difficult levels with no end goal.

JonCha

Outside of them saying they'll post another thread next week to see what the community wants I don't think so, but the first episode was received well and it won last time so I don't see why it wouldn't win again.

So they're voting on doing more episodes? That's weird, I presumed they just voted on a series and then would play it until completion. I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't continue LiS: I thought the first episode (game and GB) was really good.

hamchan

Has anything been said about whether GBeast will be continuing their LiS playthrough?

On the Beastcast they said they enjoyed it and would like to see it continue.

So they're voting on doing more episodes? That's weird, I presumed they just voted on a series and then would play it until completion. I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't continue LiS: I thought the first episode (game and GB) was really good.

This too. Doesn't make sense to do another vote until the series is done really.

Zornack

Yeah, hopefully if it wins the second time around they'll commit to the series. I want Phantasmagoria 2 as much as the next guy but LiS seems cool too.

Fireblend

Banned
On the Beastcast they said they enjoyed it and would like to see it continue.

Oh cool. Yeah hopefully they'll go through with the rest of the game. It would be lame if the feature became "we play games and abandon them midway because our audience's attention deficit demands something new every other stream". Plus LiS is great. It should absolutely get the Until Dawn treatment.

Nero18

Tarsier did LBP Vita. Sumo Digital did LBP3. The former is damn good, the latter is widely regarded as the worst of the whole series (though I haven't played much of it myself).

I know the devs changed but Mm already set the tone with LBP2 and decided to make it more of a party game almost. The third game reflects those same ideas. Would like to se a new dev scale it back a bit and make the actual platforming not-shit. Build on the first game and instead of taking the same route as LBP2 go in a different direction.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If they don't do Bloodlines I'ma be pissed. Best OST in the series hands-down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb7Zfay0dY

Show-stoppers: Reincarnated Soul, Sinking Old Sanctuary, Iron Blue Intention, Calling From Heaven.

CV 4 has a decent soundtrack but not really any classics outside of Simon's theme imo.

And yeah I tend to judge a Castlevania game like 90% based on its soundtrack for real.

popo

Vinny needs to play an "easy" castlevania to wash the taste of 3 from his palette. CV4 is the sorbet of metrovanias.

Watching the Bond movie The World is Not Enough on TV, and it's crazy how much Robbie Coltrane looks like Ryan:

kinda, but it is only really the facial hair you are seeing. It is like how all ginger beardies with glasses look like Will Smith (not the actor).

It is why the police hate eye witnesses and identikits are often completely useless.

If they don't do Bloodlines I'ma be pissed. Best OST in the series hands-down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb7Zfay0dY

Show-stoppers: Reincarnated Soul, Sinking Old Sanctuary, Iron Blue Intention, Calling From Heaven.

CV 4 has a decent soundtrack but not really any classics outside of Simon's theme imo.

And yeah I tend to judge a Castlevania game like 90% based on its soundtrack for real.

It also had the upside down level, a pseudo-3D Greco-Roman tower, great bosses... it's definitely my favorite traditional Castlevania game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, hopefully if it wins the second time around they'll commit to the series. I want Phantasmagoria 2 as much as the next guy but LiS seems cool too.

Someone mentioned it before, but they should just keep going with LiS and keep the old pc stuff for an RPCG revival.

Think about it, Monday: RPCG, Wednesday: COOA, Friday: Beastcast & Playdate

I could live the rest of my life on those terms.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I have that Castlevania 3 final level music stuck in my head because I found the video to use to torment all of you. For all intensive purposes, I've been hoisted by my own Picard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom