• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red UFO

SUPER CASTLEVANIA MUSIC

goodjob.gif

Super Nintendo is a huge hole in my gaming knowledge. All my Super Nintendo experience came from playing at friends and family members houses or much later in my life.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
After playing the Blade & Soul Alpha, I can tell what the next monster factory is going to be

How is it? I bought the most expensive pre-order package because I'm an idiot who shouldn't be trusted with money and this game seemed super dope when I heard about it literally like 5 years ago.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Does the difficulty ramp up or is he literally going to be half done with this game by the end of today's stream?

The game is basically designed the same as the earlier games as far as layout goes, but it gives you much more control and is more generous with the weapons. Whip and air control would trivialize large parts of the NES games too. Enemy placement isn't nearly as much of an asshole either so the "Hah! Gotcha!" first time deaths through an area aren't as common.

So not really. It gets harder obviously, but I'd be surprised if this lasts more than two streams.

The game is basically designed the same as the earlier games as far as layout goes, but it gives you much more control and is more generous with the weapons. Whip and air control would trivialize large parts of the NES games too. Enemy placement isn't nearly as much of an asshole either so the "Hah! Gotcha!" first time deaths through an area aren't as common.

So not really. It gets harder obviously, but I'd be surprised if this lasts more than two streams.

That's cool with me. Those older games felt like such a slog.

I know they won't, but I wonder if they'll ever go back and look at the Japanese version of CV3. The synthy music and lower difficulty (enemies do way less damage, if you die to Dracula you start right at a checkpoint right outside like in other games instead of having to do the whole level again, Dracula himself doesn't attack as much and his attacks aren't as bad, and Grant DaNasty has a much stronger weapon) might make them like it more.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Super Castlevania IV does not seem like a great game at all actually. Just impressive at the time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It won't take them long to beat this game. I wonder if they will play SotN since that game will be muuuuuch longer.

I also think they should complete Life is Strange Episode 1 and then move on to Phantasmagoria 2.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
They should play the whole series. I really want to see them do that. They should anyway since they all enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom