• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

Dawn of Sorrow is the best Castlevania game.
I am looking forward to play the GBA Castlevanias I missed out on when I buy a New3DS this holiday season.

Random question: did any of the GB crew hint about covering the PGW Sony press conference live? Those "We are talking over X" videos are always so enjoyable.

fAkyKSH.png

Holy shit. I can't wait till Vinny plays SOTN, gonna be damn good.

I am looking forward to play the GBA Castlevanias I missed out on when I buy a New3DS this holiday season.

They are also on the WiiU VC store which is how I played them, damn good stuff.

daydream

Banned
out of the classic lineage, i'd put iv behind 1, 3, rondo, bloodlines and adventure rebirth, maybe even dracula x

game seems to be unusually popular in this thread which i get, of course - it is pretty flashy and crazy and a lot of people remember it fondly

can't argue against whip physics, of course

Man VinnyVania has the potential to devolve into nonsense (if it hasn't done so already). I can't wait for the triple banger of Castlevania 64, Lament of Innocence, and Curse of Darkness!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So what's the endgoal of VinnyVania? Is he going to play all console games until Lords of Shadow 2? (Don't know if he finished that one)

I really hope they change their mind on the DS(and maybe Aria of Sorrow) given they're all great games on par with some of the best in the series. Zero reason to skip them if the idea behind the series is to go through the main entries.

Myggen

So what's the endgoal of VinnyVania? Is he going to play all console games until Lords of Shadow 2? (Don't know if he finished that one)

They mentioned at one point that they didn't know, but that they were at least doing the NES and SNES ones. Probably also SOTN I would guess. I highly doubt they'll do any of the 3D ones.

I really hope they change their mind on the DS(and maybe Aria of Sorrow) given they're all great games on par with some of the best in the series. Zero reason to skip them if the idea behind the series is to go through the main entries.

Aria is easy since it's on the Wii U shop anyway. They shouldn't skip it :(

daydream

Banned

well, only wanting to do the classic games would be a valid reason, though i too would like to see them go the distance, obviously

if they don't wanna get into igavania, they should play bloodlines, rondo, adventure rebirth and delve into some n64 and maybe gameboy as bonus episodes, that's how 'project classic castlevania' would ideally go, imo

Xater

out of the classic lineage, i'd put iv behind 1, 3, rondo, bloodlines and adventure rebirth, maybe even dracula x

game seems to be unusually popular in this thread which i get, of course - it is pretty flashy and crazy and a lot of people remember it fondly

can't argue against whip physics, of course

I think 4 is really good design wise, the whip is fun, it has some nice sprite work and good use of Mode 7.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Vinny plays Dracula X in whatever form. The OG was godlike for the time, and the PSP remake was pretty great as well. And if he plays the Dracula X Chronicles version, you actually unlock a version of SotN as well. GOTTA FOLLOW THE STORY! See Richter before he becomes evil! Etc.

daydream

Banned
I think 4 is really good design wise, the whip is fun, it has some nice sprite work and good use of Mode 7.

sure, it does well with the things it wants to show off but like with my nes -> snes transitions a lot of the finesse in design pertaining to the platforming and combat was let go of in favour of more bulky, sprawling sprite work. it's definitely a fun ride, though!

A few minutes of the Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! QL makes me really wanna play this with more people. It's a lot of fun even with just my girlfriend and I, but the pure chaos of seeing new players trying to figure out what the fuck is going on is pretty amazing.

KingKong

it looks fun but it seems like once you know the types of elements its a lot easier, ie you could tell people how many batteries there are right away or start reading the morse code as soon as you see it

Lijik

A few minutes of the Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! QL makes me really wanna play this with more people. It's a lot of fun even with just my girlfriend and I, but the pure chaos of seeing new players trying to figure out what the fuck is going on is pretty amazing.
i played it at a pathfinder session with friends and it was def a lot of fun shuffling people into and out of the game as more people showed up to keep things chaotic

Game looks like a lot of fun, but I feel it's one of those things that loses its value once you've played a good number of the different bomb types over & over again.
i think theyre going to be regularly updating the game with different manuals to combat this

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Have you ever noticed how much GB seems to promote Konami games?
Drew plays all of Metal Gear, Vinny plays all of Castlevania and....is that a Pachinko machine in the latest mailbag?
Just asking questions here people #followthekonami

Does anyone have a link to that acapella VinnyVania music they used previously? I waited all day to hear it and now they're using something different. I need to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom