• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentyn

I really need to get back to Life is Strange and play Episode 4 this weekend. I got sidetracked with Tales of the Borderlands, which is way better than it had ever any right to be. They actually managed to make likeable characters in the Borderlands universe, which I never thought was possible. I hated everyone and everything in Borderlands 2.

I really need to get back to Life is Strange and play Episode 4 this weekend. I got sidetracked with Tales of the Borderlands, which is way better than it had ever any right to be. They actually managed to make likeable characters in the Borderlands universe, which I never thought was possible. I hated everyone and everything in Borderlands 2.

That's a game I'm really interested in. Heard people say it was much better than they thought it'd be, especially coming off a game like Borderlands 2. For someone who really likes the borderlands artstyle and world, finally having a game with good characters and strong writing sounds great.

repeater

Uhhh.. so a couple of days ago Dino fucking Dini was in the Playstation blog railing against triple-A publishers and pimping his own indie (hobby-grade?) reboot of Dino Dini Soccer..?!?

Video games got weird, man. And life is strange.

Jothel

A bunch of us fucked around with SynchTube tonight as a makeshift chat for the Halo 5 Unfinished, and we ended up having a pretty good time shooting the shit and watching a bunch of classic Giant Bomb clips (as well as some decidedly less-classic non-GB stuff), so I went and made something a little more permanent:

https://synchtu.be/r/GiantSync

For those unfamiliar, this is simply a chatroom where people can cue up YouTube clips (including live content, which I can imagine could become pretty handy in the future) that play in sync with everybody else. I'll try to plug it whenever there's a live YouTube stream going on, but for now I'm loading it up with old GB clips.

If anyone else wants to put Quick Looks, Best-Of clips, or any other GB YouTube videos they like up there, feel free.
Bookmarked! Awesome

That's a game I'm really interested in. Heard people say it was much better than they thought it'd be, especially coming off a game like Borderlands 2. For someone who really likes the borderlands artstyle and world, finally having a game with good characters and strong writing sounds great.
I played the first episode a couple of days ago and thought it was great, they really nailed the humour. I thought it was a dumb idea when it was announced but it might actually end up being one of Telltale's best games.

Quentyn

If you want to check it out, the first episode is now free on consoles, iOS and Android. No idea why they don't also do that on PC.

Jintor

part of the reason i liked halo was that it was really simple storywise

these guys are bad. these guys are good. these guys are zombies. now have fun

even when it was, like, halo-2 'these guys are the good bad guys' it was still really simple

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Am I the only one somewhat turned off by halo 5 with that opening cinematic thing?

I somehow feel that they're almost trying too hard to make them look too badass and are not really succeeding.

part of the reason i liked halo was that it was really simple storywise

these guys are bad. these guys are good. these guys are zombies. now have fun

even when it was, like, halo-2 'these guys are the good bad guys' it was still really simple

Thankfully 5 seems more simple than whatever was going on in 4.

Am I the only one somewhat turned off by halo 5 with that opening cinematic thing?

I somehow feel that they're almost trying too hard to make them look too badass and are not really succeeding.
I thought that it was pretty rad, Spartans are supposed to be kind of overpowered so I'm all for a ridiculous representation of that.

A bunch of us fucked around with SynchTube tonight as a makeshift chat for the Halo 5 Unfinished, and we ended up having a pretty good time shooting the shit and watching a bunch of classic Giant Bomb clips (as well as some decidedly less-classic non-GB stuff), so I went and made something a little more permanent:

For those unfamiliar, this is simply a chatroom where people can cue up YouTube clips (including live content, which I can imagine could become pretty handy in the future) that play in sync with everybody else. I'll try to plug it whenever there's a live YouTube stream going on, but for now I'm loading it up with old GB clips.

If anyone else wants to put Quick Looks, Best-Of clips, or any other GB YouTube videos they like up there, feel free.

This was amazing last night. "DEAL WITH IT BEAR!"

Ken

Comparing the intro cinematics of Osiris with Blue Team, I thought it was a nice contrast of two totally different generations of Spartans.

justjim89

Just marathoned through the first two LiS episodes. Man, that game really starts to pick up after the intro. Really hoping GBEast plays the whole thing.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Is everyone having a problem loading avatars or it is just me. Some eventually load, some don't.

Nero18

If the whole Locke vs Chief thing in their marketing is as aggressive in the game then that's pretty disgusting. Felt super fake.

That thing's open source, I wonder how difficult it would be to modify it to pull videos from giantbomb.com instead.

Having a 24/7 stream of Giant Bomb videos available sounds a bit dangerous for my mental health, to be honest

That thing's open source, I wonder how difficult it would be to modify it to pull videos from giantbomb.com instead.

Having a 24/7 stream of Giant Bomb videos available sounds a bit dangerous for my mental health, to be honest

We've mostly been watching YouTube clips because they're more concise. Like classic Bombcast segments and that. Plus the fantastic SFM animations.

Myggen

i wish myggen would change his avatar

image.php

Gandie

Am I the only one that is very wary of Halo 5 because of the MCC? Not in a boycott sense, but I honestly don't think 343 has it in them to deliver a working and actually good Halo game. 4 was mediocre and the MCC a clusterfuck of technical issues.

Xater

Am I the only one that is very wary of Halo 5 because of the MCC? Not in a boycott sense, but I honestly don't think 343 has it in them to deliver a working and actually good Halo game. 4 was mediocre and the MCC a clusterfuck of technical issues.

I am wary of every AAA release these days. It's a good attitude to have.

danm999

I was impressed with what I saw but I'm definitely at a wait and see place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom