• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They should play the whole series. I really want to see them do that. They should anyway since they all enjoy it.

But what is there after SotN? They won't play the handheld games and I doubt they will play the N64 games (although I really want to see those) and Vinny already finished Lords of Shadow 1 and 2.

There's no reason they shouldn't play the handheld games unless as Daydream mentioned they're only going to go through the "classic" style games.

Even then Dracula X Chronicles is grand.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't talking about Castlevania! Life is Strange, of course. I don't give a fig if they continue Vinnyvania, I like that series more for the banter than the games.

HOLY SHIT - that Ohio church congregation gave a pizza delivery driver a HUGE TIP! How much? Cash or check? If it was a check, was it one of those giant ones? I need to know more, why are they wasting time on some silly video game story? Tell me more about this HUGE TIP!

repeater

This rotating level stuff must have been mind blowing back then.

It actually was.
Yeah, as hard as it might be for the millenials on GAF to believe
:p
, the Mode-7 stuff was actually mindblowing (and not only in the barf-inducing way it might blow your mind today) around the launch of the SNES. Stuff like Super Castlevania 4, Super Probotector
or Contra III as the heathens know it
, Pilotwings etc looked SO GOOD. For me, on a non-rational level at least, SNES era is still where videogames peaked graphically, although non-Mode 7 games are usually better examples of that.

repeater

us3OHD2.jpg

Those pictures were chosen with great care.

Lelcar

Damn man, once they beat that ghost skull in level 4, almost literally every screen had completely different level design. Also, the music in this game is really cool. I'm so happy that Castlevania 3 is over with and we're all excited about VinnyVania again. Feels like we're making progress through this series again!

popo

There's no reason they shouldn't play the handheld games unless as Daydream mentioned they're only going to go through the "classic" style games.

Even then Dracula X Chronicles is grand.

I don't think GBE has a ds capture kit, which would be a very good reason. You could emulate I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom