• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having demo'd Metal Gear to a friend in a bar, that's a real fuckin' hard game to play and talk at the same time - I'm pretty pro at it and when I was showing it off I was making a hell of a lot of stupid mistakes.

Zaph

Having demo'd Metal Gear to a friend in a bar, that's a real fuckin' hard game to play and talk at the same time - I'm pretty pro at it and when I was showing it off I was making a hell of a lot of stupid mistakes.

Gaming while trying to listen to someone is tricky, but having to talk and engage back? Surprisingly difficult.

Funnily enough, if it's a game where you need to get "in the zone", like a racing game, I'm usually better when talking about something unrelated. Maybe it stops you from overthinking?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think he's mistaking Dan with jeff saying that he had only used the starting pistol.

Dan was talking about using sleep airstrikes and various other stuff.

ArjanN

Went back and listened to GB GOTY 2014 discussions again in the background and overall it was better than I remember.

The main issue was people arguing against games they hadn't actually played much of/at all. And I can totally see that happening again this year. :p

Couldn't be.

Why is he tweeting about late game unlocks and how they improve the game, if he isn't using anything?

He probably did try some stuff, but I definitely also got the impression he largely just powered through that game in short time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
With the amount of people on staff now I think they should change the whole GOTY process. Just have everyone submit a 1-10 list with points, number 1 gets 10 points, number 2 9 etc, and just put together the final list that way. Then on the podcasts they can go through the top 10 and everyone can say their piece without turning it into a goddamn bloodbath and focusing on the positives and not having dumb arguments like "it's a left trigger/right trigger" or whatever the fuck bullshit Brad (and Jeff) comes up with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
With the amount of people on staff now I think they should change the whole GOTY process. Just have everyone submit a 1-10 list with points, number 1 gets 10 points, number 2 9 etc, and just put together the final list that way. Then on the podcasts they can go through the top 10 and everyone can say their piece without turning it into a goddamn bloodbath and focusing on the positives and not having dumb arguments like "it's a left trigger/right trigger" or whatever the fuck bullshit Brad (and Jeff) comes up with.

But that's not fun.

Zaph

If GB took on that philosophy, yes, it would probably be a lot more pragmatic, but awfully boring too.

Embrace the chaos, this year has the potential to really get under a lot of people's skin.

Herbs

Banned

that's boring as shit and not why their GoT process is so good.

Myggen

The whole fun of the GOTY process is the arguments. Your suggestion would make it really boring and more "objective", which is not what I come to the site for.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

At that point they might as well not record a podcast and just post the list.
The funny thing is, I wouldn't care AT ALL if they just posted a list. Making this a podcast was a genious idea.

omgkitty

Their GOTY podcasts really bring the worst out of all of them, and I usually never finish them because of this. By the end, it's no longer fun and I just hate them all.

Xater

The funny thing is, I wouldn't care AT ALL if they just posted a list. Making this a podcast was a genious idea.

Yep, I listen to it for the stupid drama. In the end these lists are always pretty dumb.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Couldn't you just derive an "objective site top 10" by taking all their personal top 10s and doing some points tallying yourself? Surely someone already does this.

Myggen

Yeah, I only care about the process. I couldn't care less about any GOTY list from anyone, so the result doesn't matter to me at all.

Couldn't you just derive an "objective site top 10" by taking all their personal top 10s and doing some points tallying yourself? Surely someone already does this.

Someone always does this to compare the lists and point out which games DIDN'T DESERVE TO RANK THAT HIGH!!!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Someone always does this to compare the lists and point out which games DIDN'T DESERVE TO RANK THAT HIGH!!!

Yeah, this is always hilarious. It's so funny to me every year how serious people take those lists. I mean, I talk a lot about their GotY, but I actually really don't care what it's going to be in the end. I just like the speculation.

ArjanN

The whole fun of the GOTY process is the arguments. Your suggestion would make it really boring and more "objective", which is not what I come to the site for.

I think the best parts are them actually discussing the games and their merits. The part where they just try to snipe at each other with poorly thought out arguments to get game A in over game B honestly kind of sucks.

danm999

Yeah, this is always hilarious. It's so funny to me every year how serious people take those lists. I mean, I talk a lot about their GotY, but I actually really don't care what it's going to be in the end. I just like the speculation.

It's like (I assume) wrestling.

Be amused by the spectacle. Don't get overly invested in the result.

Jothel

So I got the Mortal Kombat Premium Edition on PS4 but all of the DL characters are locked and it's making me purchase them? I thought the point of the Premium Edition was them being there?

tchocky

The only thing it would have changed last year would have been adding Wolfenstein to the top 10 and removing COD and a few games moving up or down 1 or 2 spots like Destiny going up to 9.

repeater

So I got the Mortal Kombat Premium Edition on PS4 but all of the DL characters are locked and it's making me purchase them? I thought the point of the Premium Edition was them being there?
Description on EU store says "Premium Edition includes the game and Kombat Pack. Kombat Pack grants early access to 4 upcoming playable characters from Klassic Kombatants to Iconic Guest Characters with a 25% discount." :/

Happy birthday BTW, and #fuckwarnerbros!

danm999

Drew really seems to be getting into a groove with the mechanics the past episode or two.

And wtf at his Sahelanthropus being so nice!

Jothel

Description on EU store says "Premium Edition includes the game and Kombat Pack. Kombat Pack grants early access to 4 upcoming playable characters from Klassic Kombatants to Iconic Guest Characters with a 25% discount." :/

Happy birthday BTW, and #fuckwarnerbros!

hahaha fuck, really? I mean the game was on sale so it wasn't that much more expensive than the normal version but fuuuuuck man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom