• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

"giant black suit" also has no footsteps which makes it more efficient. if you like the challenge or daytime in general, good for you. but enemies have better line of sight during the day and you need to crawl more to sneak around. trying to figure out which camo to use for which area is just busywork to me. whatever floats your boat.

but if Drew wants to be sneaky without as much hassle, just do nighttime. Drew did his best in GZ which was at night. he should try it more.

I'm not against the idea of wearing it in certain situations since it's a foolproof way of getting around. My problem comes when he groans at enemies being able to see him during the day when logically he must realise that wearing a black suit during the day.. isn't very stealthy.

It's good to see him playing at night in the most recent episode, if he's going to continue blindly listening to Dan.

Nero18

I'm not against the idea of wearing it in certain situations since it's a foolproof way of getting around. My problem comes when he groans at enemies being able to see him during the day when logically he must realise that wearing a black suit during the day.. isn't very stealthy.

It's good to see him playing at night in the most recent episode, if he's going to continue blindly listening to Dan.

There is a weird physiological effect with the sneaking because of its name and just the way it looks giving it the appearance of being superior. Had the same effect one me.

LiK

it's funny tho, I use the sneaking suit in the day in the Side Ops missions and it still works to some extent. must be the inherent ability in programming, I guess. I just like the no footsteps perk of it for easy takedowns.

and yea, Dan said he played like Rambo only during the day. he even said he never saw what the missions were like at night. good ol' Dan.

kiyomi

But you get a badass scarf with one of the normal ones!

Scarf!

LiK said:
it's funny tho, I use the sneaking suit in the day in the Side Ops missions and it still works to some extent. must be the inherent ability in programming, I guess. I just like the no footsteps perk of it for easy takedowns.

and yea, Dan said he played like Rambo only during the day. he even said he never saw what the missions were like at night. good ol' Dan.

I guess I liked the challenge of getting the right camo and crawling around, it's just a philosophical difference in the way I approach games, I suppose. Think someone ITT said this before but some kind of Subsistence/OSP modifiers would've been RIGHT up my alley.

DamnBoxes

Haven't listened yet but here it is: Episode 58 – Team GFB Welcomes John Vignocchi

Darryl and Dave welcome Disney Infinity’s mouthpiece, John Vignocchi, to the show. Dave and JV talk a lot about their Midway days, and digress into a brief discussion regarding doxxing (purported) dear friends.

Outside of that stuff, Dave finishes up the Asia trip, and Dave and Darryl talk about their night out on the town in Orlando.

10334401_10203022198827814_6667880607933857250_n-e1445170978724-640x510.jpg

LiK

But you get a badass scarf with one of the normal ones!

Scarf!

I guess I liked the challenge of getting the right camo and crawling around, it's just a philosophical difference in the way I approach games, I suppose. Think someone ITT said this before but some kind of Subsistence/OSP modifiers would've been RIGHT up my alley.

yea, I have no qualms with other methods of sneaking. I know some other people who like the daytime challenge. I do hope Drew plays nighttime more just to show Dan alt methods for his playthrough.

killroy87

I've found myself skipping almost all the GBeast content lately, and I think I've found the reason why. For some reason almost all (not 100%, but almost all) of their content involves all three of them, and I'm finding it a bit repetitive. I'm not really a fan of these constant three person videos, it seems like a lot, and it takes away the variety of them mixing and matching personalities.

I understand they simply don't have as many people as GBWest, but I appreciate how they constantly mix it up with who is doing the quick looks and what not.

Anywho, I was just thinking.

I've found myself skipping almost all the GBeast content lately, and I think I've found the reason why. For some reason almost all (not 100%, but almost all) of their content involves all three of them, and I'm finding it a bit repetitive. I'm not really a fan of these constant three person videos, it seems like a lot, and it takes away the variety of them mixing and matching personalities.

I understand they simply don't have as many people as GBWest, but I appreciate how they constantly mix it up with who is doing the quick looks and what not.

Their 3 person QLs are the best on the site. I'm actually disappointed if it's ever just 2 of them.

omgkitty

I find they all complement each other well. Vinny is usually goofy, with Alex being cynical and Austin balancing out the two. Maybe just don't watch all of them? I usually just watch stuff I find interesting or know will be funny. I can't imagine watching every single thing GB puts out.

killroy87

I find they all complement each other well. Vinny is usually goofy, with Alex being cynical and Austin balancing out the two. Maybe just don't watch all of them? I usually just watch stuff I find interesting or know will be funny. I can't imagine watching every single thing GB puts out.

Yeah, true. I feel like they also cover a lot of games I couldn't give two shits about, so that probably compounds it haha. But that's not their fault.

Their 3 person QLs are the best on the site. I'm actually disappointed if it's ever just 2 of them.
I still enjoy the 2 person quicklooks but I definitely prefer the 3 person ones. GBeast has a great dynamic that leads to some great content when you have all 3 of them together in a room.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anyone else think Until Dawn will make a dent in the goty list? I feel like it has a good shot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just noticed like 80% of the games on my Steam wishlist are published by Devolver Digital. Good job, guys.

Now put out a Steam sale.

You gotta watch Liam on Two Best Friends play it. Dude is unreal.

He's put more hours into Ground Zeroes than anyone I know of, so him being great at the mechanics isn't surprising. He adores these game.

What is kick-gun-interrogate?

Edit: Wow the end of that Rebel Galaxy QL. So good...

Knock em out -> Kick em awake -> Aim at them while on the ground to hold them up -> Hold L1 (or LB) to open up the interrogation menu.

killroy87

Anyone else think Until Dawn will make a dent in the goty list? I feel like it has a good shot.

The mor eI think about it, the more I do. I feel like it will just always dodge bullets in the elimination process until people realize "hey, this game is actually better than a lot of other stuff"

erawsd

Going back to the Witcher 3 after a sojourn with MGS and MM... guys it is the best. This has been a great year hasn't it? But the Witcher 3... it is sublime.

Totally. For my money this has been an amazing year for games. I feel like every since March I've just been floating from one great game to the next. Even games I was a bit disappointed with were still really enjoyable.

Unless we see some major bombs in the next couple months, I doubt it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Could definitely see it making the 8 or 9 spot.

The mor eI think about it, the more I do. I feel like it will just always dodge bullets in the elimination process until people realize "hey, this game is actually better than a lot of other stuff"
I'm assuming stuff like Axiom Verge, Galak Z and Until Dawn will make it on there, it's probably gonna be a good year for the scrappy underdogs on their list.

He's put more hours into Ground Zeroes than anyone I know of, so him being great at the mechanics isn't surprising. He adores these game.

Knock em out -> Kick em awake -> Aim at them while on the ground to hold them up -> Hold L1 (or LB) to open up the interrogation menu.

Oh that's not a bad strategy, though I usually just choke them out after waking up instead. I've found that the interrogate stuff is way too inconsistent.

killroy87

Axiom Verge might squeak on, but I don't think Galak-Z has a chance. They stopped talking about that one almost instantly, and it never seemed to hit the highs for them that Axiom did.

I just hope MGSV, Bloodborne and Life is Strange all make it in.

Didn't care much for Until Dawn or Undertale, but I wouldn't be surprised if both squeaked their way into the bottom half of the list.

Oh that's not a bad strategy, though I usually just choke them out after waking up instead. I've found that the interrogate stuff is way too inconsistent.

Interrogating when you're looking for a specific prisoner/guard/etc. is very useful. But when you have D dog, I agree that it kind of loses its biggest positive and the only real reason left to use it are for finding blueprints.

mattiewheels

I don't believe either Axiom or Galak-Z will make it to top 10.
Well, probably right about Galak Z but I really think Jeff will use his free slot on AV.

Zornack

You guys think Galak Z really has a shot? I feel like the fire burned hard and fast on that one. It plays great but then you come to the realization that its randomized missions are severely lacking in variety and complexity.

kAmui-

Until Dawn is better than Witcher 3 though
wtzgU.gif

Cities Skylines has a better chance than Galak-Z or Axiom.

I really hope Cities Skylines gets at least a mention.

I could see Galak Z making it to the list. Did any of the crew enjoy Ori that much? I recall Alex not being into it.

Didn't care much for Until Dawn or Undertale, but I wouldn't be surprised if both squeaked their way into the bottom half of the list.

Interrogating when you're looking for a specific prisoner/guard/etc. is very useful. But when you have D dog, I agree that it kind of loses its biggest positive and the only real reason left to use it are for finding blueprints.

Yeah sorry I meant I grab them to interrogate rather than do a hold-up. You always get 20 hero points for it if you interrogate and ask where the other soldiers are.

mattiewheels

Brad was really into Ori when it came out, could be his Dust 2015...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just to add my 0.02 GMP to the night-time/sneaking suit thing, I only ever used the sneaking suit and mostly deployed at night, but even during daytime I never found it to hold me back, I just maintained more distance. Within 50 meters I'd always crouchwalk or crawl, depending on the situation, which is usually enough to not get noticed. In nighttime you can come within maybe 25-30 meters before you're noticed in darkness. You don't HAVE to deploy at night, and you don't HAVE to use camo, just use some common goddang sense - you're gonna get see running around in broad daylight.

Patryn

MGSV is an absolute mortal lock.

Bloodborne has better than decent odds.

I think Life is Strange is unlikely barring GBeast playing a lot more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom