• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet this is all one huge social experiment to Konami. They're done with gaming so they decided "hey, let's see how far we can go." What's the worse that'll happen, it's not like they'll be releasing other games it can impact the sales of.

daydream

Banned
maybe they're just taking a break to rake the cash they lost on kojima back in with pachinko before their grand return to video games with pooyan II

#foodforthought

I think Castlevania IV is the only main entry in the series I haven't played for some reason, not sure how I've missed it. Incredibly ugly though, those sprites seem like something out of altered beast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wooly World seems like it's completely come and gone.

I don't understand the appeal of these 'casual platformers' like this and Kirby

yami4ct

Wooly World seems like it's completely come and gone.

I don't understand the appeal of these 'casual platformers' like this and Kirby

I really enjoy them. They are really nice pallets cleansers. It's a nice break from hardcore mechanics based games or all the pretty dark stories we get all the time.

okay keep talking and nobody explodes is really fun. playing with some friends over voice chat and it's a blast. I can see it getting kinda boring if you know what to do though. I hope they keep up with releasing different modules or different manuals or something.

Man, to come back and defend MGSV, that postgame loop is just as addicting as going through it the first time, which took me about 100 hours to get to 75% completion. They very intentionally give you gear to R&D that straight up breaks the systems and very much want you to experiment as much as you can. Also it's a 100 fucking hours in and I'm still discovering new mechanics and stuff, which is more than you can say about 99% of games coming out nowadays - those highs from the initial 20-30 or so oughta solidify its spot.

And with all the secondary mission tasks you get after being a mission for the first time, going back and replaying them with stuff like the stealth generator that has a battery as long as the fully upgraded NVGs or the
infinite ammo bandana
or the
Fulton
gun for D-Walker which yeah, restrict you to an A-rank, but still a thrill to use and fuck around with getting that completion number up, then its just a matter of making S-ranks happen.

I still really, really like Witcher 3, and its certainly GOTY material, but towards the end I started growing disappointed with how pointless the open world felt when there was no point to the loot outside of making the Witcher gears, and the main story falls back on that "evil bad guy opens portals to bring all the evil monsters through to our world" thing that I've seen a billion times before in worse games like Oblivion and Inquisition that it honestly bummed me the fuck out.

They're both super long games with super high fucking highs that if you're willing to dump the full 100+ hours can certainly wear out their welcome, I get that, but maaaaan. Man! The highs in both of those games are so fucking high I could see arguments for both winning GOTY.

- J - D -

I foresee a grand return of the Northies awards for outstanding Nolan North performance. This year for his role as Peter Dinklage in the hit video game Destiny.

Also an anticipatory honorable mention for next year's Nathan Drake performance.

I foresee a grand return of the Northies awards for outstanding Nolan North performance. This year for his role as Peter Dinklage in the hit video game Destiny.

Also an anticipatory honorable mention for next year's Nathan Drake performance.

Would have been hilarious if he could be nominated for all three main Uncharted games for the Nathan Drake Collection.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
MGSV and Witcher 3 aren't true open world games because you don't climb any towers to reveal things on the map.

D-Dog is like a portable tower that is constantly revealing things on the map.

~Greatest open world game of all time~

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played Witcher 3 when it came out on PS4, bought a PC inbetween those times, and returned to the game just now when the expansion came out.

I went to Oxenfurt and Holy fuck has the framerate always been this terrible? I've never been a nitpicker about this stuff, but this is so unpleasant. It's like Unity bad except with less lows but still the consistently under 30 performance.

I played Witcher 3 when it came out on PS4, bought a PC inbetween those times, and returned to the game just now when the expansion came out.

I went to Oxenfurt and Holy fuck has the framerate always been this terrible? I've never been a nitpicker about this stuff, but this is so unpleasant. It's like Unity bad except with less lows but still the consistently under 30 performance.

Didn't they just release a patch and was tested on PS4 to run at almost a consistent 30? Is your game patched and up to date?

hamchan

Yes, it's always been terrible. Especially if you've been playing PC games at 60fps, going back to sub-30 makes it look extra terrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yes, it's always been terrible. Especially if you've been playing PC games at 60fps, going back to sub-30 makes it look extra terrible.

You know, I've been playing Mad Max and Metal Gear at 60 and then I went to Dragon Quest Heroes and Lego Dimensions at 30 on my PS4 and it wasn't a problem

but this was whooof

Been playing a bunch since the last patch.

It is still a bit unstable in cities. Not as bad as it was when it would hard lock to 20fps in the rain but now you have a near constant judder in taking areas.

Would recommend going into the options and disabling post processing (Yes they let you do that on PS4). The camera blur they use looked pretty terrible anyway and turning it off smooths out the framerate even more according to DF.

I can understand why people don't like the combat when they have to play it at 20 fps and not glorious 60.

Games like the The Witcher 3, Unity and the Evil Within are literally different experiences on the pc.

I can understand why people don't like the combat when they have to play it at 20 fps and not glorious 60.

Games like the The Witcher 3, Unity and the Evil Within are literally different experiences on the pc.

As much as I love my fighting/character action games running at 60, I don't think AC:Unity running at 60 is gonna make that game any less of a mediocre experience than it is.

How are there no Frog Fractions videos on the site. They keep talking about it in the Dad quick look but I can't then go and see them play it :/

As much as I love my fighting/character action games running at 60, I don't think AC:Unity running at 60 is gonna make that game any less of a mediocre experience than it is.
It's a lot more fun to play with the crowds and just run around the city when you're not doing it at 15 FPS.

Jothel

How are there no Frog Fractions videos on the site. They keep talking about it in the Dad quick look but I can't then go and see them play it :/

It's a lot more fun to play with the crowds and just run around the city when you're not doing it at 15 FPS.
I was sure they did something? Or it may just be 5 seconds from the GOTY video for Best URL? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom