• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I played like 2-3 hours of the Destiny beta and bailed when I heard there wasn't much more content than that. I think I ultimately came out better off in that scenario.

Anyone know if steam auto-downloads pre-purchased DLC as soon as it launches? I won't be around my PC when LiS Episode 5 launches and I'd still like to play it tonight. Hoping if I just leave my PC on and Steam open, it'll just start itself.

justjim89

How has Dan played 100 hours of MGSV and who knows how much Ground Zeroes, yet he still didn't know you can interrogate during a holdup? That's day 1 stuff!

I've long given up on any of them knowing that "Get down!" is the best method of pacification.

Did any of the crew actually like Arkham Knight enough for it to appear on an end-of-year list somewhere? It was just such a non-event, aside from the PC-side debacles. You know--another one of those.
Yeah but between podcast discussion and Giant Bomb videos you've probably spent somewhere around 45-50 hours on the game.

I don't like this. Not at all.

yami4ct

How has Dan played 100 hours of MGSV and who knows how much Ground Zeroes, yet he still didn't know you can interrogate during a holdup? That's day 1 stuff!

I've long given up on any of them knowing that "Get down!" is the best method of pacification.

Did you actually find holdups that useful? I never used them. I either took someone out from afar or grabbed them and dragged them where I couldn't be seen if I need to interrogate. Never found a niche for holdups.

I put 41 hours in and feel like I've seen pretty much everything the game had to offer besides the Vault of Glass and Crota raids. Both of which are pointless at this stage since they're not balanced to drop any kind of decent loot.

I had a lot of fun with it though.

Brashnir

yami4ct

Did any of the crew actually like Arkham Knight enough for it to appear on an end-of-year list somewhere? It was just such a non-event, aside from the PC-side debacles. You know--another one of those.

I would bet my avatar that AK doesn't make the Top 10 GB list. There's not a chance. I might even be convinced to bet that it won't make any staff personal Top 10's either. No one really seemed to dig it all that much. The best we got was 'it's ok'.

I put 41 hours in and feel like I've seen pretty much everything the game had to offer besides the Vault of Glass and Crota raids. Both of which are pointless at this stage since they're not balanced to drop any kind of decent loot.

I had a lot of fun with it though.

I figured that out around the same time, I still clocked 112 hours for some dumb reason.

I would bet my avatar that AK doesn't make the Top 10 GB list. There's not a chance. I might even be convinced to bet that it won't make any staff personal Top 10's either. No one really seemed to dig it all that much. The best we got was 'it's ok'.

Hmmm

Zaph

The vodka would kill the nacho cheese though, so nothing toxic would be left.

Anyways, speaking of MGSV(?), I found this pretty incredible:

Odd that the New Yorker would give such prominence to a meaningless numeric comparison, you'd think they'd know better. No doubt it's there to give their mostly non-gaming audience perspective, but still, so incredibly meaningless.

Yeah but between podcast discussion and Giant Bomb videos you've probably spent somewhere around 45-50 hours on the game.

That's a sobering thought.

Myggen

Odd that the New Yorker would give such prominence to a meaningless numeric comparison, you'd think they'd know better. No doubt it's there to give their mostly non-gaming audience perspective, but still, so incredibly meaningless.

Probably just an easy way of showing how big gaming is, they write to an audience that mostly aren't very familiar with the medium.

StoveOven

Banned

Idk, the podcast right after the game came out was incredibly positive on it. However, I think popular opinion has changed the more time passes

LiK

Axiom Verge and Life is Strange are the best game soundtracks of the year so far.

i thought i knew what was the best until i played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. incredible OST. but since most of the guys probably skipped the game, not sure it'll be discussed much.

Zaph

Life is Strange patch today with this included:

New improved lipsync for all episodes.

Shame that couldn't have been done a lot earlier, might have helped the game stick the landing on some of the more emotional parts.

LiK

Life is Strange patch today with this included:

Shame that couldn't have been done a lot earlier, might have helped the game stick the landing on some of the more emotional parts.

this is great for my Platinum trophy playthrough.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did you actually find holdups that useful? I never used them. I either took someone out from afar or grabbed them and dragged them where I couldn't be seen if I need to interrogate. Never found a niche for holdups.

The act of tranq'ing someone, kicking them, pointing a gun at the immediately and interrogating him, acts the same as "holding them up", just without the need to sneak up on him.

I'd put regular old "holdups" 3rd of the ways to do that (behind the above, and then the CQC hold).

SMG rubber gun seems to pesky to ever use, sad that Dan talked Drew into going with it. Can you eventually attached the better silencers from the pistols to it? SMG silencer just doesn't last long.

About GOTY stuff: I would have put MGSV #1 right after I finished the game, but these strange Patches and FOB changes, make it impossible for me to think the same. Every time I think about booting up the game, I'm thinking "well, if I log online, I'm not 2 million in the red and 1/2 of my army." While now, if I never log on, sounds like I'm just losing similar amounts to Online Escrow accounts :lol

Playing the Witcher 3 DLC reminds me of how good that game was, and it might be my current #1.

About GOTY stuff: I would have put MGSV #1 right after I finished the game, but these strange Patches and FOB changes, make it impossible for me to think the same. Every time I think about booting up the game, I'm thinking "well, if I log online, I'm not 2 million in the red and 1/2 of my army." While now, if I never log on, sounds like I'm just losing similar amounts to Online Escrow accounts :lol

I logged on last night just to see how bad it got after not playing for a few weeks. Got invaded so many times, but I won like half of them so I got a shit ton for GMP for it lol. Lost some resources and nearly all of my security team members were in the sick bay, but then everyone came back like 10 minutes later since my med team's level was so high.

Storing stuff online on the FOB almost seems like a non issue as well. Had a bunch of vehicles and stuff, and I went offline just to see what I was missing and it was just a portion of my unprocessed resources that were still online as well as me missing some GMP (went from about 800,000 to 500,000 I think?). Still had like 9 of each vehicle that I could have sold if I wanted to and all my plants and other stuff.

I can definitely see where the grossness comes from though with the new "hey pay to finish this online deployment right now" but that stuff seems laughable where I'm at since GMP is a non issue and S rank soldiers come easy by the end game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That's a sobering thought.

I was mostly joking but QLCrew.com has approximately 30 hours of Destiny videos not including the multi-hour stream that Jeff and Brad did on the launch day. Combined with podcast discussions, 40 hours might be right if any of you lunatics actually watched all of the Destiny coverage.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for the follow! i blocked another Gaffer who unfollowed me, haha. eat it.

Wow you really showed them, blocking them after they decided they weren't interested in reading your tweets anyway

Lelcar

I have not given Warren any indication that Max even remotely likes him in my game, so if Max somehow ends up with Warren in this final episode I will be so mad.

Zaph

I have not given Warren any indication that Max even remotely likes him in my game, so if Max somehow ends up with Warren in this final episode I will be so mad.

My theory [Life is Strange ep 4 spoilers]:
So it's obvious that selfie Warren took at the party will be used by Max to time travel to save Chloe, but the consequence of it (similar to Chloe paralysed vs dad dead) will be Warren dies instead. Final choice will be which friend you let die. Sorry Warren, but at least a bullet to the head is painless.

Axiom Verge and Life is Strange are the best game soundtracks of the year so far.

i thought i knew what was the best until i played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. incredible OST. but since most of the guys probably skipped the game, not sure it'll be discussed much.

Crypt of the Necrodancer was this year, wasn't it?

Undertale is missing so this can't be correct.

Hotline Miami 2 easily has the best soundtrack of the year.

Prove me wrong.

Seriously.

No, really.

I guess it took the absence of the Old Games Show to bring back Encyclopedia Bombastica. That's awesome, it has been one of my favorite features on the site.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
My theory [Life is Strange ep 4 spoilers]:
So it's obvious that selfie Warren took at the party will be used by Max to time travel to save Chloe, but the consequence of it (similar to Chloe paralysed vs dad dead) will be Warren dies instead. Final choice will be which friend you let die. Sorry Warren, but at least a bullet to the head is painless.

Yep, I think something like that will happen. Anyway, it's probably going to be a bummer ending. Unless you
saved that bird in episode 1
. Then he is going to save everybody

kAmui-

No contest. It's always Rorie.

tumblr_inline_mjn0o4igfkjl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom