• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

The reaction to MGS V's micro transactions is, in my opinion, totally overblown. People talk about them like they are a huge stain that ruin the game when they are actually completely missable and totally inconsequential.

MM's garbage sorting and sharing features are much more of a nuisance than V's micro transactions.

I think people should speak out against micro transactions and DLC practices they feel are bullshit regardless of what perceived impact they may have on the game's design (we really dont know).

My experience with bocce in the US is that it's the game that families play like one time when the mom decides that everyone should go out and do something as a family for once

And then like three turns in even the mom is thinking "Oh man, what have we committed ourselves to here"

Zaph

Lang throwing shade at Jeff on GFB radio "what are we going to do again, when Jeff says he's do it but never follows up on anything?"

JV laughs it off saying jeff's currently "in a moment right now". Hope everything's cool.

AcridMeat

Banned
The Quick Look for Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is one of my favorite quick looks they have done in a long time. That game is genius, would love to play it, as well as see the crew play it more.

Myggen

I finally finished last week's bombcast. I found it funny that they discussed 'jumping the shark' in the context of games since I made a thread about that very topic here on gaf about a year and a half ago:

Moments When A Game or Game Series “Jumped The Shark”

We concluded that 'Punching the Boulder' was the 'Jump the Shark' of gaming, referencing Resident Evil.

Heh yeah, that seemed to be the consensus in the GAF thread for that episode too.

Rebel Galaxy looks really fun. I think I would use a custom soundtrack with tracks from Firefly, though.

Is it modable? I'd love to play in a Firefly-class ship while I'm at it.

I like Firefly

GOTY: Life is Strange

Seriously though I'm hyped as fuck for the finale tomorrow. Really hoping the game sticks the landing.

Or at least puts Max and Warren together as the canon ending just to see how many people it pisses off.

Will turn from being in my top 5 to most disappointing if that happens lol.

Also. punching the boulder in RE5 is easily the best video game moment of all time.

Fjolle

Also, the vodka GB got in the mail now looks like a crime against humanity:

CRsipfDVAAA9C5s.jpg
A couple of weeks ago I had a shot of vodka with Carolina reapers in it. That might have been the worst thing I've ever consumed.

justjim89

Dan might be followed by big poppa pump but I am followed by Domino, one one half of 2006 Smackdown tag team Deuce and Domino.

1ce10c3d2e6ba07f306afd7c7db329c6.jpg

I dont know how that happened. I dont tweet often and I unfollowed almost all wrestlers because they never shut up.

Oooooh Cherry. I miss her.

I think Domino followed me too at one point. He seems to cast a wide net in hopes of getting people to talk about him.

Myggen

The vodka's less toxic than the nacho cheese.

The vodka would kill the nacho cheese though, so nothing toxic would be left.

Anyways, speaking of MGSV(?), I found this pretty incredible:

The game, which takes place in mid-nineteen-eighties Afghanistan and Zaire, made a hundred and seventy-nine million dollars on its launch day, in September—more than the two highest-grossing films of the year so far (“Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “Jurassic World”) combined.

So I've been working my way through all the episodes of "the point" from gamespot and I think the show is fantastic with great production and personality,
Anyway this video popped up on my recommended videos
If Gamespot Were 100% Honest With Us...

. . .and woof
is this what gamergate believes?
Has Jeff seen the video?
Do any of the "gaming wildlife" post on gaf?

Myggen

Wow, didn't know they already had his going away party and he's officially gone. Thought his contract ran through the end of the year.

Best to him on whatever he wants to do next.

And of course Gamespot rewrites the articles and gets the clicks from places like GAF instead of the original source.

So I've been working my way through all the episodes of "the point" from gamespot and I think the show is fantastic with great production and personality,

. . .and woof
Has Jeff seen the video?

I remember that we laughed at that video a few months ago. Totally clueless.

When my roommate moved out they left me a bottle of 'Fresh cut Grass' vodka.

I figured 'what the hell' it's alcohol.

You know what it tasted like? Fresh cut grass..

It was the worst thing I've ever tasted. I could taste it the next day.

. . .and woof
Has Jeff seen the video?

I got all the way through that thinking it was a joke video until it hit credits and realized it was serious.

62 hours in Destiny for me.

Not even sure how that happened. I guess I did get into the PVP for a little while there. I remember being around 30hrs when I gave up last year. Then I playted a bunch again a few months ago to give the DLC a fair shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom