• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

tbh friends i've totally abandoned mgsvscanlon. i played 120 hours of mgs and have no desire to watch other people play it and frustrate me, unless xpanther does another supercut.

godspeed you x panther you

justjim89

Dan just said that Drew's watching a PPV and doing the Powerbombcast since Dan watched a race and plans to do a Alt-F1 talking about it.

I wonder if Drew will watch it on his own or with Dan.

Y'all remember how crazy excited Dan was to tell Drew all about Metal Gear when he first started? Imagine him doing that but with wrestling.

Funny moment from Playdate.

Just like my slash fanfic.

whsW0cp.gif

tbh friends i've totally abandoned mgsvscanlon. i played 120 hours of mgs and have no desire to watch other people play it and frustrate me, unless xpanther does another supercut.

I have stopped as well. I'll start watch after they finish chapter one in Q4 2016, since that is where I stopped playing and all that stuff will be new to me.

Alfredo

Dan just said that Drew's watching a PPV and doing the Powerbombcast since Dan watched a race and plans to do a Alt-F1 talking about it.

...this is what I've always wanted.

Though considering how infrequent the Powerbombcast has been, I hope it isn't so long that they forget about this!

Let's just have Drew watch and talk about World War 3.

OH MY GOD

MAKE DREW DO LEGENDARY GUNSMITH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HE CAN ADD SILENCERS TO SNIPER RIFLES

OH MY GOD

I legit got triggered during the bear talk

Pretty sure this is the website of one of the Phantasmagoria 2 writers. They still post to IMDB about the game here and there. It's exactly what I wanted to see, including the covers of their novels.

http://www.psychenoir.com/

I never thought I'd find myself writing this, but Uwe Boll has some talent. Yes, the man who brought us "House of the Dead" and "Bloodrayne" (shudder). Turns out he should stop making crappy video game movies and write more comedy. This flick is gross and over-the-top silly. If you like Trey Parker, you'll probably get a kick out of "Postal."

I thought it was really funny when all those kids got shot

jgminto

Well, hopefully they'll return to Phantasmagoria 2 eventually in some form, maybe after they finish LiS. The more people that get to see how much better it is than the original, the better.

Same for me, I haven't watched like the last 3 or 4 episodes. I guess it's a combination of still having the game be super fresh in memory since I just beat it, but also b/c of the nature of the game's mis sion structure. Add to that, that they've barely been listening to the tapes at all, to decipher & talk about what story is there (however miniscule of it) and I just really have lost most of my interest in it. I'll pop in here there for the bigger missions, but overall: meh.

I think what kept past MGScanlons entertaining for me was partially the fact that I hadn't played the respective games in the series for quite a while, so it was a nice bit of nostalgia with the added factor of someone completely new to the franchise getting to experience the craziness for the first time.

MGSV is a great game, but it definitely doesn't have the same sort of touch of whimsical to it that 1 through 4 did for me. I already traded my copy of it in and don't see myself having any interest in playing anymore MGSV for at least a year or two. I feel like MGSV will be remembered fondly for its fantastic sandbox gameplay that really took the MGS mechanics of the past and opened them up to a new arena, but will also be marked as having the weakest story.

yeah, MGScanlon 1-4 had the allure of watching drew and dan react to all the dumb metal gear stuff.

All V has to offer is watching drew sneak into his 5,000th afghani village.

Moaradin

I've enjoyed most of MGSV so far. I just like Dan and Drew talking about random shit while weid moment to moment stuff happens.

Part 11 was infuriating to watch though.

Frenden

Banned
I'm a couple of episodes behind on MGScanlon, but it's fine for background fodder. I enjoy it, but it's not as minute to minute interesting and it's not their fault. It's just the nature of open world games--it'd be the same if they were playing Far Cry or an Elder Scrolls game or whatever.

Blastoise

Banned
I've listened to Dan enough now that all his stories are repeating, making his input predictable and boring. He relies too much on randomness for humour, which was awesome when he started, but now he's becoming DJ Repeat.

I only criticise the guys at GB because I love them so much.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
This phantasmagoria cooa is pretty great. Hopefully they get bakalar in on more video stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom