• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think I've now come across more people talking about angry witcher 3 fans than actual angry witcher 3 fans.

Chuck

Still without luck
can someone tell me when I'm going to be done with MGS5? I played what has felt like 300 hours and am somehow 47% completed. I need to be done with it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What will really make everything wonderful is:
  • Fallout 4 makes the site list.
  • Witcher doesn't make the list.
  • A horrible game breaking, save deleting bug is found in Fallout (its a Bethseda game so this is possible)
  • No one on staff hits it, but it is common elsewhere.
  • All Fallout DLC is canceled for months (shades of Arkham Knight PC) to fix this horrible bug.
  • All of this happens after the site list is up.

This would create the ultimate storm of angry people on every side. People mad about DLC, People mad about the Witcher, People mad about Fallout, People mad about bugs, People mad about broken games, People mad about reviewer's privledge, all the anger focused on one really, really dumb thing (a list). I hope it happens.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
can someone tell me when I'm going to be done with MGS5? I played what has felt like 300 hours and am somehow 47% completed. I need to be done with it.

It's a spiritual question. You are done once you uninstall it (or threw the disc away) Like I did after ~20 hours. Only then will you truly be done.

• Bloodborne doesn't make the list
  • Taken King makes the list
  • A horrible game breaking, save deleting bug is found in Fallout (its a Bethseda game so this is possible)
  • All Fallout DLC is canceled for months (shades of Arkham Knight PC) to fix this horrible bug.
  • Fallout launches with paid Mods

This would create the ultimate storm of angry people on every side. People mad about DLC, People mad about the Witcher, People mad about Fallout, People mad about bugs, People mad about broken games, People mad about reviewer's privledge, all the anger focused on one really, really dumb thing (a list). I hope it happens.
I added a bunch of fun (and plausible) stuff

Good fanfic

Kelas

Hey man, you (didn't really) ask and I answered. If you want to read some essays about Witcher 3 you know where to find them!

I gotcha. Outside of skimming through gaming here on gaf, this thread is pretty much the only kind of gaming discussion I consistently follow any more so my view of the wider community is limited.

Nero18

People making Witcher sound like the perfect game. I ended up getting some enjoyment from it but more than most other top tier games this year, I had to look past through a lot of bullshit to eventually get there. As the other games in the franchise, the core is excellent if its your cup of tea, but even then would you need a lot of oversight.

I don't think the Witcher 3 has much bullshit at all. Fun, challenging combat that forces you to stay on your toes and allows for very diverse builds and some of the best writing in gaming. And if you like big action packed set pieces it has that as well, especially towards the end of the game. It's the only game I've played that I felt truly justified the size of its world with seemingly endless sidequests that actually have unique dialogue and multiple pathways through them. Or for example, coming off a random NPC in the world off the beaten path and then encountering him 20 hours later. Truly think it's a one of a kind game.

I haven't experienced many bugs either but I play on the PC. Only thing I can think of that was truly flawed was the abysmal launch inventory system with its nonsensical sorting system and throwing books on top of usable items. And while I'm very happy that so much of the game follows up on the first Witcher game it is odd that most of the Witcher 2 is just ignored, outside of a few big world context events(ie, did the prince die) And Roach can get stuck on the world when you call him which is annoying, but hardly a deal breaker. Very polished game overall, especially given the scale is unparalleled.

Think it's a bummer the crew don't dig the game, but they don't dig a lot of great games so I've come to expect that at this point :p

KingKong

its probably my GOTY but come on, at launch it had

- fairly poor movement
- poor horse movement
- really poor underwater movement
- bad inventory
- annoying crafting system
- no stash for some insane reason

Why do you need a stash? You're constantly changing your gear, there's no reason to hold on to anything outside of OCD. Books don't have a weight or if they do it's so small as to not be a factor. Even when it was patched in I haven't used it once in the 74 hours I've spent with the game. Inventory system was awful and there's no arguing that being an annoying flaw at launch.

I don't understand the movement complaints and I don't feel like it's changed at all since launch. Don't know what was patched. And swimming is perfectly fine for what the game requires you to do with it, at least with a mouse. Just point and go.

Can anybody link me to the videos on the site which show the video equipment setup they have at Giant Bomb? I know there are a few videos like this on the site but I can't find them. Thanks.

I don't understand the movement complaints and I don't feel like it's changed at all since launch. Don't know what was patched. And swimming is perfectly fine for what the game requires you to do with it, at least with a mouse. Just point and go.
If you didn't change it in the options then you wouldn't notice any change because it still defaults to the original movement.

If you didn't change it in the options then you wouldn't notice any change because it still defaults to the original movement.
Ah, well I guess I should try the revised controls one of these days but I'm not sure what it would change. Never felt like I didn't have control over my actions or movement. And given I played on death march which is the highest difficulty I would have been really frustrated otherwise :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I assume it's got something to do with Jeff hating everything that has any sort of animation priority which I never really understood either.

AcridMeat

Banned
mobile. android and ios! somehow more stable than the actual site!
Thanks, I'll mess with it later today.
4SAdZXx.png

Tagyhag

I know we shouldn't take the GOTY talks seriously, but I'll be really bummed if a lot of them dismiss Undertale because they didn't get the true ending or just outright didn't play it.

Also, I don't think we'll get a Brad filibuster this year unless he tries to get Destiny in the top 3.

jaina

Can anybody link me to the videos on the site which show the video equipment setup they have at Giant Bomb? I know there are a few videos like this on the site but I can't find them. Thanks.

I tried searching "gear" on qlcrew.com ... didn't help at all :D

Here's some videos I remember from their CBS setup:
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/how-to-make-a-tnt/2300-6967/
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/the-video-dudes-are-gone-today-live-stream/2300-10755/
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/behind-the-scenes-of-the-big-live-live-show/2300-10169/

FStop7

Banned
I know we shouldn't take the GOTY talks seriously, but I'll be really bummed if a lot of them dismiss Undertale because they didn't get the true ending or just outright didn't play it.

Also, I don't think we'll get a Brad filibuster this year unless he tries to get Destiny in the top 3.

A month ago it was unthinkable that TTK would make the list, now it's only a debate as to whether it makes the top 3.

Brad has won without firing a shot. TTK is good.

KingKong

Why do you need a stash? You're constantly changing your gear, there's no reason to hold on to anything outside of OCD. Books don't have a weight or if they do it's so small as to not be a factor. Even when it was patched in I haven't used it once in the 74 hours I've spent with the game. Inventory system was awful and there's no arguing that being an annoying flaw at launch.

A stash is just nice to have in a huge rpg. You dont need it as much as you dont need inventory sorting or categories. And its something they patched into Witcher 2 so there was no reason not to just add it from the beginning

Movement had too much momentum and it required constant small adjustments when you were near something interactive (not to mention those damn candles)

jaina

Thanks.

I might be wrong but I think there was another video recently that I can't think of.

Probably, maybe even in a mailbag.
Here's a Beast bonus as consolation: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/how-to-build-a-beast-episode-02/2300-9371/

I always miss so much of the extra life streams, but find it difficult to watch them after the fact. They feel like something I have to watch live or not at all.
Yes, it's similar for me. Another recent example are the 4-5 Mario Maker Morning videos by Patrick during the feud.

Kelas

I always miss so much of the extra life streams, but find it difficult to watch them after the fact. They feel like something I have to watch live or not at all.

I think the only stream that I really caught last year was Brads but I've never bothered going back to the others, hopefully this year I'm able to catch most of it live.

tuxfool

Banned
It's the only game I've played that I felt truly justified the size of its world with seemingly endless sidequests that actually have unique dialogue and multiple pathways through them. Or for example, coming off a random NPC in the world off the beaten path and then encountering him 20 hours later. Truly think it's a one of a kind game.

This part makes sense given that they designed the world around the quests instead of designing a world and filling it with quests.

FStop7

Banned

Last year's Alex/Drew stream was pretty good except Ian kept fucking with the site code in the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom