• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. For example, it's becoming embarrassing to be a Witcher 3 fan. People are overstating it big time.

It is weird that people think they have to finish the game to appreciate it. The best thing about it is the random side quests and witcher contracts you find as you explore and once you get your fill of those, it's easy to feel done.

I love the Witcher 3 but I wish it was a bit less grimdark.

I feel like just about every "good choice" they go out of their way to make a total bummer somehow.

Hey remember that person you saved 30 hours ago? Turns out all you did was extend their agonising life and they probably would have been better off dead.

Hey go kill this demon. Oh wait. Turns out that was a mistake and you just got some kids eaten by monsters. You shouldn't have done that.

Want to do a quest about looking for someone in the woods? Well you might as well just tell the person they are dead because thats what happens 99% of the time.

I hear the DLC is a bit more light and fun though.

Hopefully they look at the Pathologic re-release with the new translation, one of the most unique games out there and a nice primer for the remake hopefully. Really excited to start it up.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I feel like just about every "good choice" they go out of their way to make a total bummer somehow.

Hey remember that person you saved 30 hours ago? Turns out all you did was extend their agonising life and they probably would have been better off dead.

Hey go kill this demon. Oh wait. Turns out that was a mistake and you just got some kids eaten by monsters. You shouldn't have done that.

Want to do a quest about looking for someone in the woods? Well you might as well just tell the person they are dead because thats what happens 99% of the time.

The DLC is really really good and kind of all the best parts of that game in microcosm. It's a better story than the main story. Although I think the game has really good endings. But yeah the DLC is tops, if it wasn't like level 32+ and more challenging than the main game I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to see all the best of TW3 without investing like 60+ hours.

I don't think TW3 is that grimdark though. It's not nearly as bleak as 1 and 2 iirc. Where the game does go really dark I find it to be pretty effective (some kind of, let's call it necromancy, comes to mind. That was fucked up.

LiK

there's plenty of humor and light moments in main game. most come from the sidequests. the main quest has some pretty laugh out loud moments.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which game being left out will leave better meltdowns, Witcher 3 or Bloodborne?

Because the Souls fanbase is as insane as the Naughty Dog fanbase

Alucrid

Banned
I so, so hope Witcher 3 doesn't even make the top 10. And I like that game. Nothing they said about it in this Bombcast was wrong, though. And I really just want to see the meltdowns.
If you're going to say that then you also want the taken king to be in the top 10 for a true meltdown

I'd be very surprised if Bloodborne gets left out considering how big of a factor Brad is at GOTY time. Everybody seemed to at least like it with a few loving it. I don't know that it will get top 5, but I can't see it missing the top 10. I think the potential snubs from the top 10 that will cause waves could be The Witcher 3 or Splatoon.

Patryn

I'd be very surprised if Bloodborne gets left out considering how big of a factor Brad is at GOTY time. Everybody seemed to at least like it with a few loving it. I don't know that it will get top 5, but I can't see it missing the top 10. I think the potential snubs from the top 10 that will cause waves could be The Witcher 3 or Splatoon.

Alex will ensure that Splatoon makes the Top 10.

He's going to advocate for the game.

The Witcher's problem is who's the advocate for it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, the personal lists are all I care about come GOTY.

Going by the reactions in this very thread, the real salt will flow when Fallout outplaces Witcher 3

Patryn

Going by the reactions in this very thread, the real salt will flow when Fallout outplaces Witcher 3

Hadn't thought about it, but yeah. That's going to lead to a few comments.

Throwing out a wild generalization, I have a feeling the most ardent Witcher fans will be those who will condemn Fallout (and all those who like Fallout) without ever playing it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't understand why people think the rankings matter. It is great fun to hear them argue but the rankings just don't matter to basically anything.

I don't understand why people think the rankings matter. It is great fun to hear them argue but the rankings just don't matter to basically anything.

They don't matter much but discussing them is fun. Last year was a bit boring because most of the games were shit yet people were still a bit bothered by Shadow of Mordor which is the most innocuous choice of a GOTY ever. I haven't played Bayo 2 to see if it deserved better though.

FStop7

Banned

Easily Bloodborne as it's a PS4 exclusive.

I mean people are STILL crying about mediocre-ass DriveClub a year later. That game would have been buried and forgotten faster than Split Second or Blur if it were multiplat.

Well most of the crew actually played, finished and enjoyed Bloodborne so it's more likely to be the witcher 3 than that.

Yeah I really do not understand the hate the Fallout games are getting in this thread. Bizzaro land.

I think Bloodborne has a shot at the top 10. Dan has said it's on his list during the LA podfest. Brad platinumed it, and it's the first *Souls game that Jeff seemed to not hate and sort of understood why people liked it.

Witcher 3 has a harder time as they mostly seem indifferent to it lately, none have finished it and people are already pestering them about it.

I wonder if Jeff will go hard for CoD:Blops this year as he seems to be the one that always gets CoD on the list.

I predict this year's throwdown is going to be Axiom Verge v. Ori and the Blind Forest.

Zornack

I think Bloodborne has a shot at the top 10. Dan has said it's on his list during the LA podfest. Brad platinumed it, and it's the first *Souls game that Jeff seemed to not hate and sort of understood why people liked it.

Witcher 3 has a harder time as they mostly seem indifferent to it lately, none have finished it and people are already pestering them about it.

I wonder if Jeff will go hard for CoD:Blops this year as he seems to be the one that always gets CoD on the list.

I predict this year's throwdown is going to be Axiom Verge v. Ori and the Blind Forest.

Austin played, beat and liked it too. I'd be super surprised if BB wasn't in the top 10.

Witcher 3 is the Bernie Sanders of Giant Bomb's GotY.

Yep, plus I think Jason, Vinny and Austin played it so there's atleast 5 people who played Bloodborne enough to form a good opinion on it.

Curufinwe

Austin finished it within a week of release, but that was before he got hired so I've never heard him talk about Bloodborne.

I think Jeff would have finished it as well if he hadn't been too stubborn to get help with the Rom boss battle that was too hard for him on his own.

As a pretty rabid souls fan, i love bloodborne to death but even it can't take my GOTY this year with MGSV also being released this year.

I'm still super hyped to dive back in though with the new DLC coming out and i hope the rest of the crew is too before JC3 drops.

Witcher can be no 10 like Destiny
What if TTK makes top 10 and Witcher doesn't?

Dan WWE2K16
CMl10UB.png

I imagine that expired soda would be kind of unpleasant.

It had a weird taste but I just assumed it was the mountain dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom