• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tuned into the Bob Ross stream. I don't get it the dude's just painting.

But I can't stop watching.

There used to be a channel that aired four episodes of Bob Ross back to back between 11PM to 1AM every night. It was great to fall asleep too - although the adverts kinda ruined it.

I have seen 200+ episodes of the show over the years, but still think it is great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Phantasmagoria 2 stream reminded me of why I'm not interested in a FMV revival. You can't do that shit now because it's all 'Haha wink nod you get it we're quirky!' Where as shit like Phantasmagoria and Harvester and all that is so fucking batshit with its sex and random senseless murder. It's so of its era and you can't get away with that nowadays because everything is always done so ironically with such a heavy shoulder nudge

Lunar FC

The Phantasmagoria 2 stream reminded me of why I'm not interested in a FMV revival. You can't do that shit now because it's all 'Haha wink nod you get it we're quirky!' Where as shit like Phantasmagoria and Harvester and all that is so fucking batshit with its sex and random senseless murder. It's so of its era and you can't get away with that nowadays because everything is always done so ironically with such a heavy shoulder nudge

I thought Contradiction walked the line super well. And I don't even like the concept of FMV games.

AcridMeat

Banned
you using DS4windows to play by chance? having the hardest time and there's no OT for the pc release.
Old 360 pad. It's going okay, but I'm forgetting about the strafe and sometimes my timing on the dodge is awful, also forget about the cooldown a lot.

There used to be a channel that aired four episodes of Bob Ross back to back between 11PM to 1AM every night. It was great to fall asleep too - although the adverts kinda ruined it.

I have seen 200+ episodes of the show over the years, but still think it is great.

It is super relaxing. Definitely the kind of thing you can fall asleep to.

I just loaded the SynchTube up with a fuckload of videos, if you want to watch 34 hours of Giant Bomb, check it out.

Made an account for later. Used to instasync with some friends and this seems pretty cool.

i9qmUJx.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was watching Metal Gear Scanlon 12 yesterday and I was surprised that Dan didn't strongly suggest doing the Gunsmith's sideops.
Drew could have a sniper rifle with a suppressor.

Also, a matter of opinion, but I found the stun assault rifle to be a better alternative than the regular one. You don't have to kill even when the alarm goes off.

I was watching Metal Gear Scanlon 12 yesterday and I was surprised that Dan didn't strongly suggest doing the Gunsmith's sideops.
Drew could have a sniper rifle with a suppressor.

Also, a matter of opinion, but I found the stun assault rifle to be a better alternative than the regular one. You don't have to kill even when the alarm goes off.

He sorta tried, but his description might've scared Drew off. He said it opened up a whole new thing. Maybe Drew is content with what he has in the game now.

Oh god.

Drew is going to have to do that mission with the truck and the skulls soon. That thing was a pain unless you cheese it and go directly to the airport.

Also the way Bob Ross always said "my Almighty knife. My Almighty Brush, My Almighty easel" always made me wonder of "Almighty" was a brand of art supplies he was shilling.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
He sorta tried, but his description might've scared Drew off. He said it opened up a whole new thing. Maybe Drew is content with what he has in the game now.
I bet that if he said "you'll be able to add a suppressor to your sniper rifle" Drew would be all over that.

jaina

Oh god.

Drew is going to have to do that mission with the truck and the skulls soon. That thing was a pain unless you cheese it and go directly to the airport.
That's where I got annoyed and stopped playing 3 weeks ago. Read up on the airport hint, but still played 2,5 other games instead.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh god.

Also the way Bob Ross always said "my Almighty knife. My Almighty Brush, My Almighty easel" always made me wonder of "Almighty" was a brand of art supplies he was shilling.

Considering how easy the supposedly tough missions have been for him(whether through luck or playstyle), I imagine he'll wreck that mission.

Ketch

I'm really loving it too, but I think it's problem, which will become more evident, is short shelf life.

yea I was kind of thinking this too. I was wondering what it was missing and I realized (as far as I know anyway) it doesn't have like the secret hell level or the daily challenge equivalent from spelunky. Like imagine if spelunky was just mines, jungle, caves, temple and that was it.

But this game is a lot more about combat though, and man is that combat good.

You ever play the battle tech game on PS2? It reminds me of that so much. That game had vs multiplayer, Imagine if this game had vs multiplayer.

edit: not battle tech, sorry. Robotech: Battlecry for ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom