• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I've done a really hard turn over the last year or two from anime (which I pretty much always liked more in concept than execution) to manga, which largely alleviates most of my complaints

even watching anime as an exercise in self-hate is losing its appeal to me

my main deal is time investment. it's just not feasible for me to pour in the amount of time it takes to watch a mediocre anime than it is for me to skim a mediocre manga and decide whether I care or not

my main deal is time investment. it's just not feasible for me to pour in the amount of time it takes to watch a mediocre anime than it is for me to skim a mediocre manga and decide whether I care or not

yeah also this.

and holy crap this Dan CAW is killing me

Terra Formars. But man, sometimes it's really nice to see an anime. KLK and One Punch, Jojo of course. It's best to just wait for opinions to start coming out.

Gnome

So true. I actually stopped with anime altogether about 5 years ago, I'll still read the occasional manga though.

kanuuna

Dan 'hating' on talented people who didn't have a rough time getting to the top and calling out a name like Sebastian or Valtteri as snobby makes me want to tear my head apart.

I already miss Drew. That GP deserved a better podcast.

Tubobutts

If the community upload stuff in WWE is anything like it is in NBA2k there was a very good chance GBEAST could have showed everyone nudity for a second time this week.

Jintor

Terra Formars. But man, sometimes it's really nice to see an anime. KLK and One Punch, Jojo of course. It's best to just wait for opinions to start coming out.

i have a large enough backlog and low enough time i can afford to just watch stuff animeGAF consensus/people i trust says are good/spectacularly bad (whatever falls into the venn diagram)

Nero18

Dan 'hating' on talented people who didn't have a rough time getting to the top and calling out a name like Sebastian or Valtteri as snobby makes me want to tear my head apart.

As a long time F1 fan i thought that was very valid point from him. The sport definitely has an upper class attitude even though it historically wasn't always like that. One of the reasons i dislike Rosberg.

Myggen

In general I think that's a pretty valid point about the sport even if it obviously doesn't apply to everyone. It's an expensive sport to get into.

Sounds like you have a problem

TraBuch

Banned
A TellTale wrestling game is something I didn't know I wanted until Vinny brought it up. I would so get into that if they laid on the cheese thick.

kanuuna

As a long time F1 fan i thought that was very valid point from him. The sport definitely has an upper class attitude even though it historically wasn't always like that. One of the reasons i dislike Rosberg.

In general I think that's a pretty valid point about the sport even if it obviously doesn't apply to everyone. It's an expensive sport to get into.

Not being able to relate to the person(s) who come from that background I can understand, but I'm not sure that coming from a good place is a good sole reason to dislike someone for. Also Rosberg wanting to grow up to be a racing driver and to surpass his father's achievements (Keke, 1982 WDC) I think is a pretty good story to itself.

And Valtteri is definitely not a snobby name. Unless Walter is consider a snobby name in Americas.

demidar

A TellTale wrestling game is something I didn't know I wanted until Vinny brought it up. I would so get into that if they laid on the cheese thick.

It would be really easy to make a very divergent story, since the only settings you need are the ring and the backstage.

... how did you know?

for some reason I kept reading just because of how stupid it was when the only people left alive were immortal. every chapter is someone getting limbs chopped off and immediately regrowing them. goddamn that's a dumb series

It had started so strong too. I think if they had ended it with the escape back to Earth, it would have been fine. But it's like the creators started to jerk themselves off over all the combinations of animals and humans they could make (while really fucking up how the animals function in the first place), while somehow constantly jumbling the string of the plot up worse and worse with each chapter.

It's the definition of "this is wasting my time."

DamnBoxes

that one punch man is pretty great, though. had some problems with the first episode but the last three have been fantastic

Hell yeah.

wLzTRC.gif

Zaph

Classism in sport is a big topic, and can understandably get a lot of people's backs up. In the UK 50% of our 2008 Olympic medallists attended public school (confusingly what we call private schools), and it didn't get much better in 2012, which isn't great when only 6% of children attend public schools http://www.channel4.com/news/olympic-chief-slams-dominance-of-private-school-medallists

Patryn

Hey yo. Wrestling fans. Whatever happened to Shane McMahon?

From what I understand, power struggle with his sister. He was also a vanguard in pushing the web side, which didn't go over well with Vince.

When it became clear that it would be Stephanie and Triple H who would take over from Vince, Shane left to go do his own thing. He's working with a streaming company in China, I believe.

fleck0

Oh Boy I just found out Missing was a thing last week, I thought about GBeast a lot when playing it. I suspect they'll get through it all pretty easily today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom