• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

Brad is going to meet his match at deliberations when Dan is on an opposing end. Not that either will have amazing material for their arguments. More that Dan is the only other person that will refuse to concede.

Nah, Dan is way too humble and respectful of others opinions. Brad is much more confrontational and is willing to do whatever it takes to win the argument, which makes him more persuasive.

Ex: Look at the Destiny discussion vs the Donkey Kong discussion from last year.

Not gonna buy Mario Maker any time soon because I don't think I'm going to get any proper longevity with it, but I should probably rent it so I can get some time with it before the end of the year.

That's actually a brilliant plan, I hope someone (Jason) utilizes it during the GOTY deliberations

When Brad nominates the Taken King because there's enough new content for it to be a new game for GOTY 2015, someone else can nominate DOTA 2 Reborn as a new game since it runs on a totally different engine now.

Brad will have to choose between Destiny and DOTA and neither will make the top 10.

justjim89

I just finished Undertale for the first time and hoo boy, that game goes places. Certain parts of it got really meta and crazy. Definitely one of the 10 best games of the year.

Sans or Papyrus for best new character.

crypt of the necrodancer and undertale must be locks for the soundtrack category, right?
Brad said last year that Necrodancer would be a lock for this year and Austin has mentioned that he loved the music in Undertale so I'm sure they'll make it onto the initial list.

Then Undertale wins.
I just finished Undertale for the first time and hoo boy, that game goes places. Certain parts of it got really meta and crazy. Definitely one of the 10 best games of the year.

Sans or Papyrus for best new character.

What ending?

Patryn

No one here seems to really think Fallout 4 will be a major contender?

I honestly don't think it has a chance in hell of being in top 5, and a decent chance of not being in the Top 10.

I think it will be crucified as just being "more Fallout." The backlash to the game is already in full force.

If there's any game that hasn't come out that will place high, it will be Just Cause 3.

why would i avatar bet against the clear winner of the category

tumblr_m5bxbvyJor1ruw3edo1_500.gif

yami4ct

the remixes are hit-or-miss, imo

not sure if it's eligible but i doubt it'd rank either way

We can disagree on the remixes (I adore them), but if you don't disqualify it based on being pre-existing, I'd certainly say it's GOAT level. Just an amazing group of tracks.

Noaloha

I look forward to the closing moments of this year's GOTY deliberations, where Rocket League'll take the crown in a surprise last minute group revelation of glorious insight.

daydream

Banned
We can disagree on the remixes (I adore them), but if you don't disqualify it based on being pre-existing, I'd certainly say it's GOAT level. Just an amazing group of tracks.

i'm not disqualifying it, i'm saying i don't know whether they will

personally, i'd take the original soundtrack or the never more album over the dan renditions, even though i do like a lot of tracks including the opening

yami4ct

i'm not disqualifying it, i'm saying i don't know whether they will

personally, i'd take the original soundtrack or the never more album over the dan renditions, even though i do like a lot of tracks including the opening

Are you talking Nevermore: Reincarnation? That album is incredible. Easily the best renditions of those songs.

I wouldn't say DAN is the best version of the P4 stuff, but what I will say is that is the best grouping to actually appear in a game. It beats P4 Vanilla for me because the extra tracks are fantastic.

justjim89

I honestly don't think it has a chance in hell of being in top 5, and a decent chance of not being in the Top 10.

I think it will be crucified as just being "more Fallout." The backlash to the game is already in full force.

If there's any game that hasn't come out that will place high, it will be Just Cause 3.

There's no way I see "more Just Cause" beating out "more Fallout" if either of those are even fair characterizations.

Neutral. Killed Toreil and like one other monster.

That was my first ending as well, ended up having to make friends with one other character to get the true ending. I'd advise looking up the other endings if you haven't already done so because they are also great.

I wouldn't say DAN is the best version of the P4 stuff, but what I will say is that is the best grouping to actually appear in a game. It beats P4 Vanilla for me because the extra tracks are fantastic.
I feel like it missing some of the actual original versions of the songs makes it a bit weaker for me, plus it entirely misses out a few great songs. Thankfully the remixes are good for the most part, I'll take the bad ones if that means I get the Time to make History remix and the Backside of the TV remix.

yami4ct

They disqualify stuff that's mostly good because of licensed tracks, right? If not, MGSV is pretty special. It's sad on the original music side, though. Probably one of my least favorite MGS OSTs aside from stuff like Quiet's Theme.

I think Galak-Z will be on my personal favorite soundtracks, but I will admit that one is hit and miss. I also will surely dig the Tales of Zestria OST, but that's clearly not for everyone.

daydream

Banned
actually, now i wonder how that danganronpa another episode soundtrack turned out

they still got takada to do it so it's probably pretty good

yami4ct

actually, now i wonder how that danganronpa another episode soundtrack turned out

they still got takada to do it so it's probably pretty good

I was almost done with it before I accidentally broke my Vita. It's good. I don't think it's as memorable as previous DR stuff, but still good.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 also surely has a good OST. I haven't listened to it yet, but no way it isn't great.

daydream

Banned
I was almost done with it before I accidentally broke my Vita. It's good. I don't think it's as memorable as previous DR stuff, but still good.

yeah i listened to some tracks and there don't seem to be many stand-outs

i do like the 'wonderful dead' variations. not exactly box15/ikoroshia tier, though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's not much hype because they haven't shown it since the reveal. It'll come out and outsell everything else this year handily.

I'm working on a nice, big write-up of it, but let me just say this:

I don't think I've ever been as sad playing a video game as I have playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom