• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

He spent 30 mins before the stream 'testing theories' aka looking at the editor. No way he learned his new theories off stream without some assistance.

or maybe he's just that good
kappa

I wouldn't be surprised if he was testing mechanics/how different mario items interact with each other out more than anything off stream

KLEPEK AIN'T NO CHEATER I'LL CUT YOU

Nah, looking in the editor is cheating if you ask me. The whole point is figuring out for yourself how it all ties together within the constraints of trying to actually complete the level.

like he could have cheated but I don't know

dan acted like he wanted patrick to realize that the sub-level was a troll, and there doesn't appear to be anything down there once you get far enough, and how much extra stuff there is on the top part

"grab a thing and use it as a platform" was what the last stage used, and they made a big deal about how funny it was that patrick thought you'd have to carry something all the way back through a stage

90% of this comes down to "there's something here that I found by trying to fly around, and I guess it's probably significant because of the way it's laid out in a conspicuous way but I don't know how" while the real nightmare of the stage is the exact stupid order you have to do things while knowing about stuff that would require trial and error while dodging a bunch of stupid shit

Lijik

I wouldn't be surprised if he was testing mechanics/how different mario items interact with each other out more than anything off stream

i wanna believe. the whiplash of how the last stream was going to suddenly doling out anything he might found off screen one after the other probably made his discoveries come off as more suspicious than they really are

tchocky

Yeah the only worthwhile thing to do off stream is to explore and test mechanics since you wouldn't want to try and complete the level in case you finished it and then had to do it again on stream.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've started drawing my Patrick Klepek conspiracy chart, I'll get back to you!

Meanwhile...

tumblr_lqcwarmhBs1qkhk6do1_500.png

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I want to see patrick complete an all note block level

Just single note blocks all over the place

Zabant

Haha he figured out the cape flying technique and found the hidden cloud platform off stream..

Shame we didn't get to see that. He said he didn't know how to do it on this mornings stream, would have been a cool 'A-HA!' moment to see.

Largo

Not to get too meta on this, but he just hit a spot where he knows the overall concept, but not how to finish the stage. I think he spent a lot of time offline working on this.

tchocky

Haha he figured out the cape flying technique and found the hidden cloud platform off stream..

Shame we didn't get to see that. He said he didn't know how to do it on this mornings stream, would have been a cool 'A-HA!' moment to see.

In the morning stream he said he was going to test how to use the cape off stream.

what, so you don't want this to be a nightmare for patrick

would the lord of the rings be better if they just had an escalator to that volcano or whatever

Dan crowded sourced his level bugs, yet Patrick can't even look at or twitter for mere hints.

It's just an obscure level for the sake of being obscure, Patrick was smart enough to figure out an exploit in one of the other levels. Taking those out is kind lame I think.

Patrick deserves a chance to outwit Dan in his own level.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a video of how to complete this level that isn't on twitch? Someone must have uploaded this monstrosity to youtube by now. I know I can't do it myself, and I need to see the resolution.

either patrick's become a much better actor than I remember, or, if he has gotten illicit advice, it was not much because he doesn't seem to understand a key part of the stage at all

ArjanN

In the morning stream he said he was going to test how to use the cape off stream.

This, he figured out two kinda obvious things by experimenting, if you actually think he cheated I've got a bridge full of chemtrails to sell you.

Patrick "working from home but really playing mario maker in secret so Kotaku don't find out" Klepek

Honestly he should just do this on company time, I'm sure it's getting way more eyes on than regular Kotaku stuff.

repeater

I think this new development in the story has all been rigged
This way Patrick technically "wins", but Dan can save face by claiming that Patrick cheated. No one is a clear winner, and no one is a clear loser, and they can reignite the rivalry for some other game down the road.

mintyice

This way Patrick technically "wins", but Dan can save face by claiming the Patrick cheated. No one is a clear winner, and no one is a clear loser, and they can reignite the rivalry for some other game down the road.

Welcome to every John Cena match ever.

Myggen

This way Patrick technically "wins", but Dan can save face by claiming the Patrick cheated. No one is a clear winner, and no one is a clear loser, and they can reignite the rivalry for some other game down the road.

So you're saying it won't be a clean victory? Truly an event scripted by Dan.

This will all end when the Johnny V podcast comes out. Somehow.

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

you know, it makes sense that patrick covers this game extensively, because mario maker and kotaku have a lot in common

you gotta wade through endless bullshit to get to the good stuff

tchocky

So you are saying Dan is going for a Dusty finish in tribute to the late Dusty Rhodes.

Largo

Ryckertning update (or however you spell that)

I don't think Patrick is cheating since he's legit stumped on the execution of the rest of this. I'll uh, stop bugging you guys now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom