• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan and patrick (or somebody) should match donations to give to the losing charity

I always thought the idea of playing for a charity in a game show or something and having that charity get nothing out of it when you lose was a fucked concept

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
dan and patrick (or somebody) should match donations to give to the losing charity

I always thought the idea of playing for a charity in a game show or something and having that charity get nothing out of it when you lose was a fucked concept

Those sick kids need to learn that there are winners and losers in life, and they need to associate themselves with more winners. Like America. And Dan Ryckert.

I'm just assuming that's going to happen but the loser won't mention it until afterwards to keep the "stakes" high.

Odd, Pat called the boo block a callback to dans previous level but he never actually found it.

I think he was talking about the first one. It's the level that has two pipes at the end (the real one and the one that brings you back to the beginning). You need to go through a circle of Boos just prior to the end.

Myggen

what's Patrick doing that's considered cheating?

It's all in good fun, I don't really think he cheated and if he did I don't really give a shit (it's a dumb thing for charity, everyone wins!). He might've gone into the editor to figure some stuff out or something like that, but there's no way of knowing.

We've entered frustrated Patrick mode!

He figured out how the cape worked offscreen (like he said he would) and explored the level a bit more. So just the chat being paranoid and shit as usual.

It was more than that and you know it. However the rest of this is making it less suspicious.

repeater

It's like a perpetual motion machine of sadness.
Is that from Jeff's THPS5 review?

It's all in good fun, I don't really think he cheated and if he did I don't really give a shit (it's a dumb thing for charity, everyone wins!). He might've gone into the editor to figure some stuff out or something like that, but there's no way of knowing.
Though as Piston Hyundai astutely points out, Patrick cheating would in this case equal stealing money from brain people (yes, that is the preferred medical nomenclature).

As someone from a family of heart people, I wholeheartedly approve of this.

tchocky

When Patrick finishes with Dan he will graduate to new WiiU/ Mario Maker owner Austin Walker

It was mii, Austin ‏@austin_walker
Knowing that @patrickklepek might one day overcome the terrible level that @DanRyckert has designed...
It fills me with determination.

danm999

When Patrick finishes with Dan he will graduate to new WiiU/ Mario Maker owner Austin Walker

Knowing that @patrickklepek might one day overcome the terrible level that @DanRyckert has designed...

!!!

Also is that totally an Undertale reference?

The solution video really doesn't do justice to how ruinous some of these note block jumps are.

To paraphrase Dave Lang, this level is all kinds of fucked.

ArjanN

Jason is in the chat

Heh.

Seriously though, given that knowing how the cape works is just basic mechanics he could have just googled it and that would still in no way be cheating.

It was more than that and you know it. However the rest of this is making it less suspicious.

No it wasn't. It was all basic stuff he could have easily figured out while experimenting with the level a bit during work. No need for dumb conspiracy theories..

Austin is just too nice to come up with a level like this. If he does it will haunt him for the rest of his life like a modern day Mario Maker Oppenheimer. Dan is more like the Unabomber.

Zabant

Looking at Pat having so many problems with the basic platforming, never mind if he cheated and looked up the method. I don't think he will be able to execute.

Myggen

Should we make a separate thread for this?

Might be a bit too late for it now? Anyways, I think it's fine for this thread myself, maybe not "big" enough to warrant its own thread?

Extra Life will get its own thread for sure though. I might claim it if no one else has!

Patrick has the most Mario Maker viewers.

This has all been collusion to get him that youtube money

#followthemoney
#hitthemusicblock
#galoombanotgoomba

there were people in the chat saying that throwing stuff upwards isn't one of the basics of Super Mario World as if the game doesn't teach you that in the very first level

Dartastic

Goomba friend dying to the chain chomp. Amazing moment of the series.
For real. I almost lost my shit laughing. I'm supposed to be working. -.-
Should we make a separate thread for this?
I kinda think it'd be okay.

Personally, I think he can do it now if he follows through with this strat. I hope he follows through with this strat. I also don't think he would try and cheat, at least on purpose. Patrick doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

tchocky

Later today is the return of one of the best quick look series

Quick Look: Arcade Archives: Round 06
Video - Today at 2:00 PM

Zabant

If Pat isn't cheating, then ostensibly he doesn't actually know why he's taking the goomba to the right of the level where he actually needs to take it.

If he uses it for it's intended purpose when he gets there, I call shenanigans.

He had looked at a walkthrough and that is why he wasn't finding the game that difficult.

For real? I feel like most Dark Souls players use a walkthrough at least partially, even if it's just to get oriented as to where you are and what you should do next. Part of that game/Bloodborne's appeal is the community sharing info about locations and mechanics. People will bitch about anything, especially when it comes to Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom