• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

Heh, that might've been too much. Better to spread it out like this. We'll probably get plenty of Extra Life content regardless I reckon. The team goal is $250 000 this year I think.

I assume Jason and his wife will be mighty busy this year, I wonder if Jeff/Dan or Gbeast is gonna fill in.

Brashnir

I assume Jason and his wife will be mighty busy this year, I wonder if Jeff/Dan or Gbeast is gonna fill in.

I think Dan has done Extra Life for many years, but last year had something else to attend to. He will probably be there for that slot this year. Hopefully he can find some interesting guests to fill in since, yeah - Jason and Lisa will probably be preoccupied.

justjim89

Not gonna lie, seeing so many people talk about Patrick here again is great. It's like he never left.

It's good to have him back in the fold.

On my tumblr, every post involving him I tag with "youtube's Patrick Klepek" and I'm honestly surprised I haven't yet received a message informing me he used to work for Giant Bomb.

Jothel

Not gonna lie, seeing so many people talk about Patrick here again is great. It's like he never left.
Must be super nice for him too. I can't imagine he has this much community interaction etc as much at kotaku, due to not being a personality driven site

Myggen

Dan talked about doing a solo thing when he and Jeff did that stream without the video guys, but didn't seem like they had put much thought into it yet. I'm hoping for a GBEast and a GBWest stream, maybe also a Brad solo stream if he decides that last year wasn't so bad for his sleep schedule after all.

daydream

Banned
the brad streams are always super good

they also provide opportunities for sleep when he busts out that one game or that other game

Yeah, I'm really glad how everything has worked out, Patrick was someone I didn't like when he first joined the site and now he's one of my favorite gaming journalists out there. Happy to see he's still a part of Giant Bomb in a way.

Zabant

Dan talked about doing a solo thing when he and Jeff did that stream without the video guys, but didn't seem like they had put much thought into it yet. I'm hoping for a GBEast and a GBWest stream, maybe also a Brad solo stream if he decides that last year wasn't so bad for his sleep schedule after all.

This is GB we're talking about, they don't plan their friday live show till half an hour before it happens.

I kid because I love.

So I'm going to be driving myself from NY to TX. What are the best Bombcast episodes to load up on for the trip (as many as you can think of), and alternatively what podcasts in general should I be listening to?

Bacon

So I'm going to be driving myself from NY to TX. What are the best Bombcast episodes to load up on for the trip (as many as you can think of), and alternatively what podcasts in general should I be listening to?

The one with boyes and johnny v. The one with sess. The numbers station one

justjim89

In my recent attempt to get healthier I've had to exponentially increase my podcast intake. May I recommend My Brother My and Me, The Adventure Zone, and The Comedy Button?

Also you should download all the best of's off of This Year Collection, those lasted me a 5 day bus ride from Indiana to the West coast.

VoAm4ER.jpg

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/lexicon_valley.html

Anjin M

If you need general podcast recommendations, I always go with Hardcore History. His latest series, Blueprint For Armageddon, ended up being an audio book length history of World War I.

danm999

Demo derby is the greatest feature on the site and its infrequency is sad. GBeast Playdate is #2.

It's a crime. It's some of the best content and it's too infrequent. Some of the best one liners too.

I'm surprised nobody made the super obvious joke of "I'm already a Code Demon Kaz" in the latest episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom