• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I doubt he watched a video or anything but hundreds of people must be tweeting hints at him and even if he is trying to ignore them all, he is going to remember seeing the odd word or two. If his brain registers words like goomba and pow block being said enough times he will start to put it together - on a subconscious level if nothing else.

For real? I feel like most Dark Souls players use a walkthrough at least partially, even if it's just to get oriented as to where you are and what you should do next. Part of that game/Bloodborne's appeal is the community sharing info about locations and mechanics. People will bitch about anything, especially when it comes to Patrick.

It wasn't people complaining that he had used a guide. It was that Patrick said that he hadn't looked at any faqs or anything and yet he somehow ended up with all the armour sets and weapons and items etc. Personally I don't see how you could even find that fucking DLC without a guide or someone telling you.

Tubobutts

Austin is just too nice to come up with a level like this. If he does it will haunt him for the rest of his life like a modern day Mario Maker Oppenheimer. Dan is more like the Unabomber.

Austin hasn't played Crusader Kings on the site since that one time he did. He is the meanest!

Zabant

You're being sarcastic, but you can't monetize Mario Maker on YouTube due to Nintendo restrictions.

you need to have views in the millions to make any real money from YT anyway, I have several vids in the 50k mark like Pat, you earn roughly $5 from those.

The fact that Patrick was 90% of the way there and has now spent 10 minutes fucking about should put any cheating accusations to rest.

so patrick acknowledges that he was glancing at the chat to keep eyes on the moderation and then he turns his webcam off

The webcam was off for no more than 20 seconds...what could he have possibly done in that time?

Austin hasn't played Crusader Kings on the site since that one time he did. He is the meanest!

I imagine every time he brings it up he's too nice to fight for it.

"Hey guys can we continue Crusa-"
"NO AUSTIN IT'S TIME FOR UNTIL DAWN"
"oh...ok..."

"Hey guys how about cru-"
"I REALLY GOTTA FINISH UP CASTLEVANIA"
"Oh...ok..."

"Hey Vinny let's do Cru-"
"I'm going to Comic Con!"

"Hey Alex want to-"
"JAPANNNNNNN"

See, Austins far too nice.

i've noticed patrick breathing at times

could he be absorbing secret mario chemical cheats via aerosol particles

edit: have i mentioned how much i hate kotaku and gawker yet. that needs to be mentioned in this post too for reasons

ArjanN

I doubt he watched a video or anything but hundreds of people must be tweeting hints at him and even if he is trying to ignore them all, he is going to remember seeing the odd word or two. If his brain registers words like goomba and p-block being said enough times he will start to put it together - on a subconscious level if nothing else.

Which will tell him...exactly nothing, because once you've explored the limits of what you can do by normal platforming after the first hour, it's obvious you have to puzzle around with the items/powerups.

no I mean spelunky levels are literally procedurally generated

Sort of. They're still made up of a limited number of smaller hand designed sections. By the time you're going for the Speedlunky achievement and such you start to recognize a lot of them.

This level is great. Dan is a master Mario maker maestro. Using a FAQ/ advice from community in souls games is absolutely the WRONG way to play them. Patrick will beat this level. Patrick has not cheated.

daydream

Banned
I thought he figured it out ages ago but he incorrectly assumed that the coin path was just Ryckert messing with him.

incorrectly? does he really need the pow block to enter the door? you get some 'standing time' when you press a p-switch so it should be doable with just the switch, i would think

incorrectly? does he really need the pow block to enter the door? you get some 'standing time' when you press a p-switch so it should be doable with just the switch, i would think

It is, but I think the timing window is much more difficult. Either way, he didn't even bother to try it.

ArjanN

That's the unintended exploit way of doing it, you're supposed to go back to the start of the level.

Although it really isn't all that much easier.

boZMoFq.gif

daydream

Banned
well, yeah, it's annoying to pull off but going back for the pow block isn't exactly a cake walk, either

anyway, this is just a matter of time before patrick figures out, even if he has to rule out all the other options before that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom