• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got it. Although he thinks you go back down to get the fire flower rather than up and around the flame spike death trap.

Well yeah, there's no way he could guess there's a hidden block above the POW block to get him back out of there. But he'll figure it out.

I'm really kind of amazed how quickly he's put all this together. It's impressive.

This whole series is really cool. If you think about all that's gone into it, all the way back to Spelunkin' With Scoops (where Patrick first started this daily streaming stuff), to Dan's obsession with wrestling and how it factors into his personality, to the way Mario Maker kind of came out of nowhere to become a phenomenon on the site, to where we are today, it's one of my favorite Giant Bomb things ever.

Even for someone with no knowledge of these people or Giant Bomb, watching Patrick figure this out is enjoyable. But for those of this that have been watching these people for years, it's that much more rewarding.

Lijik

Patrick is going to fall into the spikes and think his mindgames are confirmed
edit- wait are there spikes after that door? i cant remember

Oh god, that mixlr of Jeff at the Best Buy was good.... I actually had a similar situation when I was buying some Infinity figures for myself at the Best Buy, but it was another customer talking to me XD

Xater

*shakes head*

bildschirmfoto2015-10rgswa.png

I think sometimes he uses the terms "pow block" and "p switch" interchangeably. Actually he just seems to call them both "pow blocks."

Yeah, I think he was talking about using the P Switch to get into the door, which is possible but significantly harder than the POW block (which seems to still be his plan).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Why can't he just jump that gap where he gets the coin when the time comes, rather than restarting. Seems like there wouldn't be much time lost as he's only gonna be starting his sprint there anyway.

Edit: also can he leave the goomba there while he gets the pow block, or will it despawn?

lol

Patryn

Honestly, given how Dan built the stage up, there are really only about 3 tricks to the whole thing.

I'm surprised he wasted the whole sub-world as a diversion.

So why is Patrick now getting the trampoline after deciding he didn't need it yesterday?

I heard that too and I think he meant that he didn't need to take it all the way back along with the P-Switch. If he thought the trampoline was truly a red herring, why would he want to bring the POW Block back over? Surely his plan is to get into the door by combining the two.

I don't understand why he thinks he needs to be small to get over the coin bridge. That's what's going to sink him. He needs to be able to take a hit once around that POW block.

EDIT: Never mind!

He's killing the flying dry bones with the cannon too early, he needs to go all the way and back again small and then use the star to kill the dry bones, so the trampoline comes out the right way.

He's killing the flying dry bones with the cannon too early, he needs to go all the way and back again small and then use the star to kill the dry bones, so the trampoline comes out the right way.

It's possible to make it pop out of the right side without using the star. He just keeps triggering it on the left.

Ok, how do you get this far and not see the obvious solution? I guess he thinks he can't move the trampoline even though he did before?

The first time he killed the dry bones (yesterday) it popped out on the right.

Yeah, but that was his first time in there, he needs to kill the dry bones once he has the Pow block.

repeater

When Patrick finishes the level, he will come down on all the doubters in this thread in a Klepening of epic proportions.

OK so Dan's name works a lot better when trying to create a portmanteau with "reckoning", what am I supposed to do about it?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It took Dan 3 hours to finish, even though he knew how to do everything. I think Patrick is much better at it, he just doesn't know.

DamnBoxes

When Patrick finishes the level, he will come down on all the doubters in this thread in a Klepening of epic proportions.

OK so Dan's name works a lot better when trying to create a portmanteau with "reckoning", what am I supposed to do about it?

If he wins, we can call him King Scoopa.

Curious he think's he's figured out the "magnum opus".

Honestly, the trampoline + POW block combo is the magnum opus.

He can kill the Dry Bones before he has the POW block, it just needs to shoot right and not left.

If he does that the cannon falls again and goes left before he can get into the room. It spits it when he's in the tunnel.

mintyice

It's silly because you don't even need the POW block to solve this murder puzzle. You just have to go to the ledge above the trampoline, drop the switch onto the trampoline, and step on the switch when it's at the apex allowing you to go through the door.

It's silly because you don't even need the POW block to solve this murder puzzle. You just have to go to the ledge above the trampoline, drop the switch onto the trampoline, and step on the switch when it's at the apex allowing you to go through the door.

Yes but that's an exploit and Patrick was never going to figure that out.

Yeah that's what I mean, it despawns, so he has to wait.

I'm not 100% but I think the process is either

Use goomba to get P button and trampoline and then use P button instead of Pow block to go in door OR

Get P button, go back get Pow block, get star, kill dry bones, trampoline goes right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom