• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I don' think I played a single mission during daytime. I can see enemies just fine during night and they can't see me

Same here. I never had any reason to not go in at night.

MGScanlon has never been about precise play so why are people focusing on that now? If anything it's about the exact opposite of a precise play.

Like really, at some point, unless you actually can't advance due to the way you play there's no wrong way to play a game.

I just can't handle obvious bad advice. Drew should be smarter than that.

danm999

Listening to old bombcasts where Patrick played it for the first time made me remember how incredible Blood Money was and how bad absolution was.

I was not there, but I know this is how it went down;

"You know the boring part of our mission design where you're making your way from Point A to B before the actually fun, interesting part happens? What if we made a whole bunch of missions only that first bit."

"I dunno, is there any other way we can get things further from what people actually enjoy about these games?"

"Well, people like the Agency stuff and the international conspiracies and intrigue in these games. What if instead we introduce a kid you need to babysit or recover from a Yosemite Sam motherfucker for most of the game? Also killer nuns."

Xater

Want to say i heard the guards were less likely to be armored during the day, but I don't know if thats true.

I was good at sending people out on missions to destroy enemy equipment, so I never ran into too much trouble.

It seems like Patrick is making progress on the Ryckoning. I hope he manages to beat Dan's bullshit.

I remember liking Absolution but then I remembered that's because I basically just played the chinatown and barbershop levels a million times each

I remember liking Absolution but then I remembered that's because I basically just played the chinatown and barbershop levels a million times each
The only good levels in the game. Coincidentally they were also the levels that were used pre release to claim that the game was still Hitman.

Wouldn't it have been great if Drew had killed Quiet

"Oh she's so cool Drew. She's my favorite. I think you could kill her here but I've never heard of anyone doing that, you'd have to be a maniac--"

BLAP

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What's the mission where people are drinking outside and there's a house and something you could do with a pizza. Because I remember that one being alright.

Jintor

the greaser mission. potential to be good but it's cut into far too small stages to be able to do anything

i think that is the barbershop mission actually

Guys I finished Undertale. If that isn't in the top 3 games on GB's list I hope Austin quits or starts a mutiny
Be sure to look up the stuff you missed, there's some more crazy stuff to see.
What's the mission where people are drinking outside and there's a house and something you could do with a pizza. Because I remember that one being alright.
I'm pretty sure that's the barbershop level.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I looked it up and it definitely is. I don't think I spent much time in the actual barber's area of that map at all; just did all my sneaky business around the tv area.

CRMnUreVAAANSq1.jpg

Scoops is ready. I think he cracks it today.

erawsd

Well how is Drew supposed to develop his favoured approach when Dan's constantly telling him what to do >_>

Using those slams he's been pushing on him is just shit, for example.

I bet if they were to play The Last of Us together, Dan would push fucking bottles on him or something instead of the superior bricks.

But yeah, the ipad does seem to distract Dan a bit and lets Drew breathe more.

tumblr_m0imd357ez1r5img1o1_400.gif

I don't really see Dan crossing any lines in this episode. Dan is constantly telling Drew how he did things because Drew is constantly asking for advice. The only moment where he really tries to tell Drew what to do is when hes picking the deployment point, and I think saving Drew some time and frustration of trying to traverse that terrible "open world" map is exactly when he should speak up.

Also, Drew played TLOU by putting it on easy so he could just shoot his way through the whole thing. I think you guys may be expecting too much from him.

But for $5 you could have bought nekopara vol 1. on steam today.

you make an excellent point.

the greaser mission. potential to be good but it's cut into far too small stages to be able to do anything

i think that is the barbershop mission actually

that section is broken up into several missions, but the actual assassination mission at the barbershop is the good one. It was basically an unreleased Blood Money mission.

I discovered if you snipe from far enough away in MGSV they'll call in an attack chopper to hunt you down, and this was after 110-120+ hours of play so while I can't entirely fault Dan for giving Drew bad advice in a Metal Gear game I know I'd go insane if I tried to watch it.

Re-upped my sub to watch Metal Gear Scanlon 4 because I missed that game and good lord I forgot how bad Drew is at games.

daydream

Banned
jeff's championing of legend of kage continues to baffle me

game was never good

also, hamster puts effort in the ports now, never thought i'd see the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom