• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Haha Jeffs Mixlr is amazing, he should have just owned it. "Na dude this is all for me, this is my life"

erawsd

its that he would have to pretend he wasn't cheating for hours just to not give dan the satisfaction of knowing that he did. Which seems like a bit much.

I often need to put a game down and when i come back to it I suddenly conquer areas that were busting my balls the last time i played. I call it The Swapper Effect and i wouldn't be shocked if some of that was happening here.

Yeah, that type of thing use to happen a lot when I raided in WoW. We'd spend all night dying to the same boss over and over, then we come back the next day and 1-2 shot the thing.

When I bought the peach pink 3DS a few years ago the clerk asked if it was for my girlfriend and I said hell no and owned that shit.

back when the DS-lites first came out, they were hard as hell to find, and I thought that maybe the pink ones would be easier to find (they weren't) which would have been a double bonus for me

ended up with a black one :\

BearPawB

Banned
I think someone likely twittered him something he shouldn't have seen. I wouldn't call it cheating, but the chances of that NOT happening are slim.

I also think its a tad bullshit that he plays any of the level while not streaming. Robbing us of seeing him discover this.

Frith

I think someone likely twittered him something he shouldn't have seen. I wouldn't call it cheating, but the chances of that NOT happening are slim.

I also think its a tad bullshit that he plays any of the level while not streaming. Robbing us of seeing him discover this.

i wish we could see it all but hes clearly playing all day in-between writing stories he cant stream every time he procrastinates.

justjim89

I wonder if we'll get a QL of the Witcher 3 expansion or Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. I suppose Witcher would require one of them to have beaten the game or reached level 30.

omgkitty

I wonder if we'll get a QL of the Witcher 3 expansion or Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. I suppose Witcher would require one of them to have beaten the game or reached level 30.

Not sure I'd want to hear them complain more about The Witcher 3. One of the best games this year and none of them have bothered to beat it yet.

Not sure I'd want to hear them complain more about The Witcher 3. One of the best games this year and none of them have bothered to beat it yet.
To be fair the complaints that they had were extremely common and they still really liked the game.
Who knew that the front-end interface for Gwent would end up as this year's Last of Us.
So everyone but Jeff will beat it and it will win GOTY?

justjim89

It's a shame too, because Witcher 3 uses it's length well and fills it with unique content. As opposed to MGSV, where cookie cutter side ops and dull main missions are repeated over and over.

MGSV would probably be a better game, certainly better paced, if you removed about half of the "content," whereas TW3 would be severely undermined by doing such a thing.

I should do my Grounded + playthrough of the Last of Us, what a game! Will be my 5th playthrough.

Still really upset that the conversations/collectibles glitched and I have no way to get the trophies without trying to get everything again because I have no idea what didn't register.

And yeah, I spent 39 hours with MGSV finishing the main story and around 60 side ops and have no desire to go back to it. At least 15 of those hours just felt like a grind. The mechanics are fun but all of the bases are tiny and it's just a lot of running through empty locations to a tiny base and then back to a helicopter. Really turning around on that game. Still think it's good, because again the mechanics are amazing and there's some fun things that can happen, but the mission design is awful and the story completely unfinished. Oh well!

Damn, 39 hours to finish the story and do 60 side ops sounds crazy fast, it took me like 80 hours to hit that point.
It's a shame too, because Witcher 3 uses it's length well and fills it with unique content. As opposed to MGSV, where cookie cutter side ops and dull main missions are repeated over and over.

MGSV would probably be a better game, certainly better paced, if you removed about half of the "content," whereas TW3 would be severely undermined by doing such a thing.
I wouldn't complain if they trimmed the Novigrad section down, that section really dragged and drained a lot of my interest.

DamnBoxes

And yeah, I spent 39 hours with MGSV finishing the main story and around 60 side ops and have no desire to go back to it. At least 15 of those hours just felt like a grind. The mechanics are fun but all of the bases are tiny and it's just a lot of running through empty locations to a tiny base and then back to a helicopter. Really turning around on that game. Still think it's good, because again the mechanics are amazing and there's some fun things that can happen, but the mission design is awful and the story completely unfinished. Oh well!

I hear ya' dude...

Urge to put Undertale above it for my GOTY is rising day by day...

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

That game is killing me cause I have this completionist urge and it physically pains me to see an unchecked box. But 99% of the side ops are just so damn boring and it's so stupidly hard to get from one place to another. Why you can't just fly the helicopter without going back to main hub thing is beyond me. You can do that when you visit Mother Base, why not when you are out in the field.

graboids

The Ryckoning...

2789896-tr.jpg

erawsd

You can start straight into the expac, they just give you a level 32 but lock you out of doing main quests.

omgkitty

To be fair the complaints that they had were extremely common and they still really liked the game.

Brad pretty much said it was unplayable due to how the character handled where I had absolutely no issue with it for the entire game and didn't even notice that huge of a difference when they made changes. Dan seemed like the only one who really was enjoying it and only stopped because other games came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom